Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the release of the sero8 pro just a rumor? Has anyone heard anything? Android Fanatic, what is the chance of Lollypop coming this way?

Comment

My sero8 is stuck on startup screen. I can get into twrp. I have tried restoring my nandroid backup several times and it always fails. Can someone tell me if the nandroid backup can be flashed by way of recovery, or does the rockchip always have to be done with flashtool? I tried flashing android fanatic's android firmware mod 2.1, that I have been using, and no luck. I can't go back to Rileyrom because that requires a stock recovery. I am thinking maybe this is a hardware failure. I have to get back to stock rom for warranty. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

OK, got it back to stock. Doing the same thing. It won't start and now it won't shut down. I also have the stock recovery back. Less than 3 mo old. Am I the last man standing on this link?

Comment

Originally posted by xrko View Post
          OK, got it back to stock. Doing the same thing. It won't start and now it won't shut down. I also have the stock recovery back. Less than 3 mo old. Am I the last man standing on this link?
          So you can't use the flash tool ? Can you get back in to recovery? How did you flash the rom that caused this issue in the first place, with the flash tool or via the recovery? Just trying to get a picture of where you are at.

Comment

Originally posted by glockman4519 View Post
            So you can't use the flash tool ? Can you get back in to recovery? How did you flash the rom that caused this issue in the first place, with the flash tool or via the recovery? Just trying to get a picture of where you are at.
            The flash tool is how I got back to stock. Yes, I can get into stock recovery. The problem was not caused by flashing a rom. It occurred when I booted the tablet this morning. I believe it has a hardware problem.

Comment

Bad Resolution after flashing Rom

Hi There,

I just finished flashing the FireWireMod 2.1

I installed everything except the first checkbox of boot loader because ti was un-selected and when I tried to select it it gave me an error that "could not find file" or something like that.

Now everything looks fine but I dont think I have TWRP installed at all, only the recovery with a picture of the android robot in the background.

Based on this will I be able to create nandroid backups?

Comment

You are fine. You will have to reinstall TWRP again though. I haven't flashed anything to this tablet in a long time and forget just what you have to do to put it back on but in sure it is stickied somewhere in this forum. Then you can do your backups once again.

Comment

See if this helps. Starting with Post 208. http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ense+Riley+ROM

Comment

Originally posted by xrko View Post
                    See if this helps. Starting with Post 208. http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ense+Riley+ROM
                    THanks guys,

I got TWRP working now after reflashing it.

But my resolution seems fuzzy and graphics not as crisp as when running stock.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Comment

Yeah its really weird, the resolution is all fuzzy and low quality.

Am I the only one that has ever experienced this?

Comment

Originally posted by fc321 View Post
                        Yeah its really weird, the resolution is all fuzzy and low quality.

Am I the only one that has ever experienced this?
                        I just flashed it again and all is working now.

Thanks android-fanatic for an excellent Rom. everything works fantastic except sometimes the battery indicator will stay on 100% for 3 hours and only when I reboot will it tell me the true percentage.

But it was doing the same issue on stock so I cant complain too much. I just have to pay attention so I dont end up with a dead battery.

Comment

Hey AFanatic. Unsure if you still read this thread (or if ANYONE does) But I really need a hand, here. My tablet (Sero 8, of course) continuously shuts down at complete and utter random. I have tried reflashing this rom and the stock rom but no dice. Needless to say, after three days of this, I am started to get real ticked. Also, the friggin battery charges way too fast and dies way too quickly. I would understand if that was gradual but this is literally a sudden occurrence. One day I could go hours without having to charge. Lucky to get one, now. Please, anyone, let me know if you can lend a hand. e_e

Comment

Is there a flashable zip of twrp for the sero 8? I am running cwm but prefer twrp.

Comment

Originally posted by Dostov View Post
                              Hey AFanatic. Unsure if you still read this thread (or if ANYONE does) But I really need a hand, here. My tablet (Sero 8, of course) continuously shuts down at complete and utter random. I have tried reflashing this rom and the stock rom but no dice. Needless to say, after three days of this, I am started to get real ticked. Also, the friggin battery charges way too fast and dies way too quickly. I would understand if that was gradual but this is literally a sudden occurrence. One day I could go hours without having to charge. Lucky to get one, now. Please, anyone, let me know if you can lend a hand. e_e
                              If you're still having problems I'm guessing your tablet has a hardware problem and no amount of flashing can correct for that. Cheap Chinese hardware is prone to quality control issues, etc. When the Sero 8 is stable it's a relative bargain at half the price of the a Nexus or Samung tablet. If it's still under warranty try to get it replaced.
                              Last edited by MikeyLikesIt; 09-07-2015, 04:46.

Comment

Originally posted by fc321 View Post

I just flashed it again and all is working now.

Thanks android-fanatic for an excellent Rom. everything works fantastic except sometimes the battery indicator will stay on 100% for 3 hours and only when I reboot will it tell me the true percentage.

But it was doing the same issue on stock so I cant complain too much. I just have to pay attention so I dont end up with a dead battery.
                                I have a few different Sero 8 tablets and they behave differently with respect to the battery level and different versions of even the factory firmware. With some, the only thing that ever shows using power in the battery history is the screen (no WiFi, standby, etc.). And/or the battery charge level can dramatically fall or rise suddenly. I've tried V17, V18, V19, V20 and V21 (which AF used for his latest 2.1 ROM). All of the versions have had at least some issues on at least some some of my tablets. Support from Hisense on the battery issue is non-existent and I doubt we'll ever see anything past V21. On one of my tablets the battery reporting behavior is perfect with V17 but later versions cause problems. On another tablet even V17 has erratic battery reporting.

I've determined the actual battery discharge and charge behavior is normal. The issue is only how the battery charge is being reported. In other words the total battery life, or charge time, is what you'd expect despite what the battery percentage might indicate. It's annoying but not a huge problem if you charge it before any extended trips away from a power source. I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue, a bug in the OEM ROM, or perhaps some of both. And rebooting often helps correct the battery indicator to the true value.

Weirdly, I couldn't get this version to flash correctly with the utility provided. I had to use the older RK utility distributed with the RileyRom. TWRP also didn't seem to work even following AF's instructions. But the 2.1 ROM image files seem to work fine (except the TWRP recovery issue).

As I've reported elsewhere, the Sero 8 is one of the best under $100 tablets I've found. I love the crisp IPS screen with wide viewing angles (most cheap tablets have really marginal TFT screens). It's light, thin, reasonably fast, and runs most apps. I wish one of the popular alternate ROMs (Cyanogenmod, Slimrom, Paranoid, etc.) was available for the Sero 8 but, with this ROM or one of the RileyRoms, rooted, and with the right config and apps, it's decently fast, stable, free of bloatware, and hopefully reasonably free of malware/spyware. To provide a bit more security I also run the open source AFWall+.

I'll do some more testing with the 2.1 firmwire vs RileyRom vs stock and report back if I make any further discoveries. One thing I miss is a bundled file manager to sideload APKs before connecting to WiFi.

Comment

Working...
                                X