Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Hisense should release the kernel sources/sdk for the Sero 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're not sure it can even be done.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Well I learn something everyday! We could sometimes make wild assumptions when we don't know a whole lot about something!
      "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

Getting Source Codes On Demand

Originally posted by AndroidFanatic View Post
        Yeah true, but google did not require that they release their modified source code for the devices they successfully ported android too! Agree!
        Please see the info contained in: http://source.android.com/. Still, it can be very confusing. Others have obtained the kernel and source code, as you can see in other posts.

Comment

Re: Do you think Hisense should release the kernel sources/sdk for the Sero 8?

Originally posted by AndroidFanatic View Post
          Well I learn something everyday! We could sometimes make wild assumptions when we don't know a whole lot about something!
          I agree. I have been thinking about getting into development and the information posted in this thread is very informative. I give credit to all the devs out there as this is not as easy as some would make it out to be.

Comment

The main difference between an OS like Windows and Android is that Windows contains all of the drivers and configurations for a multitude of different hardware components.

Android is compiled for each specific device. They all have variations in hardware components.

Without the config files for each device's kernel (held by the manufacturer) it is extremly difficult to recreate the kernel. So far, our Pipo Project Team has been able to take the sources we were provided and make ROM's for 2 tablets...but more sources are necessary for us to move forward...quickly, anyway.
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

"Make em sweat"

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              The main difference between an OS like Windows and Android is that Windows contains all of the drivers and configurations for a multitude of different hardware components.

Android is compiled for each specific device. They all have variations in hardware components.

Without the config files for each device's kernel (held by the manufacturer) it is extremly difficult to recreate the kernel. So far, our Pipo Project Team has been able to take the sources we were provided and make ROM's for 2 tablets...but more sources are necessary for us to move forward...quickly, anyway.
              I guess nobody told the manufacturers that they had a deadline. They know why certain people (devs) want the whole code. It took months for B&N to publish the whole open source. And, of course they left out all of the closed source. The devs won out. Cyanogen Mod is still producing ROM's for Nook and Kindle. Now, B&N is out-sourcing their Nook tablets to Samsung, and seems to be fully open to the public. Persistence truly works!

Comment

Working...
              X