CM11 on the Sero 8 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM11 on the Sero 8 ??

Has any of the awesome devs in this community tried to get CM11 or any other of the popular AOSP roms to work on the Hisense Sero 8 yet? I also have the Sero 7 pro and am running liquid on it so I was wondering what the differences were that is making it so hard to build for this device.
    The 2 roms that we do have are great roms but I would love to be able to use the theme engine that is in CM11 type builds. If there is no way to do this than so be it.
    If this has been covered than would the moderator please delete this thread.

Originally posted by glockman4519 View Post
    Has any of the awesome devs in this community tried to get CM11 or any other of the popular AOSP roms to work on the Hisense Sero 8 yet? I also have the Sero 7 pro and am running liquid on it so I was wondering what the differences were that is making it so hard to build for this device.
    The 2 roms that we do have are great roms but I would love to be able to use the theme engine that is in CM11 type builds. If there is no way to do this than so be it.
    If this has been covered than would the moderator please delete this thread.
    Why don't you post this message in the sero8 thread, maybe it will have a better chance to be seen. I am not a developer. I also have the sero 7 & 8.

Comment

I was unaware that the Sero 8 had it's own thread. For roms and updates I have to come to this forum. A link to that thread please and I will post this there. I just don't get why we can get liquid or Carbon on the Sero 7 and not on the 8. If there is a reason like framework is different and doesn't support it or a system issue than I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by glockman4519 View Post
        I was unaware that the Sero 8 had it's own thread. For roms and updates I have to come to this forum. A link to that thread please and I will post this there. I just don't get why we can get liquid or Carbon on the Sero 7 and not on the 8. If there is a reason like framework is different and doesn't support it or a system issue than I get it.
        We don't have a forum. I have seen your posts on this thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ROM-1-0/page13

another thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Sero-8/page5

Lack of interest lately may be due to the inability to get kernel source on 8.

A higher resolution s8 tablet (1920x1200) was supposed to be on the market by now. I don't know what happened to that.

Comment

As much as I would love to chime in and shake some trees, I am aware of what is involved in rom development and understand , kind of, the lack in development. I am now trying to learn how to build roms myself. I am at the point of modifying base roms and kernels but am not equipped yet to build from source as that requires a Mac Pc or Linux which I don't have.
          I would be willing to donate to any dev that will build a CM based rom for the Hisense Sero 8 too, but it would take more than just me willing to put the donations out there to peak the interests of a developer to build for a device that quite frankly is not all that popular. I think that if we had custom roms like CM and Liquid or Pac Man, For this tablet that this it would grow in popularity. I know that before I get a new device I usually check to see if there is development going on for that device first. I did not do that with this device though and should have.
          Hopefully enough people will read this and pledge donations so as to peak some more development.

Comment

Working...
          X