Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k97 tomtec ultimate 10

Bob,

to make sure, I would google www.gathering.tweakers.net then hit translate page

scroll down under MOBILE....to TABLETS....GOOGLE ANDROID TABLETS.... then...should be the 9th heading....
    Tomtec Ultimate10 Excellent Tablet with Android 2.3 or 4.0

I did the: Quick tutorial to your tablet to upgrade. I followed those instructions to the T.

Then I tried the : Tutorial for Rooten your Tomtec Ultimate10 Android tablet 4.01
    that is what I could not get to work.
    so, then it would be the 403 zip.
    Let me know if we are both on the same page, literally and figuratively, lol.

The reason I listed getting to the site step by step is because I have had times then trying to copy and past a translated google link does not work.

Comment

k97 tomtec ultimate 10

Bob,

I think I might have given up. I got a mini hdmi adapter, finally, and tried to hook it up to a flat panel. Nothing comes on the tv and the tablet screen flashes.

I did, however, find the original rom that the tablet shipped with. I just found it today. I flashed it, and it is back to the way I got it.

http://rapidlibrary.com/files/201202...mcwxi89on.html is where I got the rom.

I liked the dutch rom the best. It seemed not to have all that extra stuff that the chinese rom came with, but with all of them, I never got the hdmi to work. I never got Netflix to work either. After trying multiple roms and different versions of Netflix, it still never worked. I called netflix and they said it has to be a hardware issue. I can understand that. There must be hundreds of tablets out there, maybe even thousands, and I am sure they can support them all.

I have been in contact with where I bought it, but still no response. I have also been in touch with my credit card company, and we will see what happens. I will hopefully send it back, get my dough, and buy something that suits my needs. Any suggestions? Besides the bascis, email, etc...I really want netflix, hdmi, and would really love to be able to use my htc evo as a internet connection. I am totally happy with tether.

I hope others have found this info helpful and they did not have the issues that I have had with this tablet.

Creativeguy

Comment

So HDMI does not work on the stock ROM either?

That seems like a bad driver from the manufacturer. They give you a hardware HDMI port but it does not work. I surely would suspect they would come out with a ROM update to fix that.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

k97

Bob,

Well, I have not found anything, and trust me, I have been looking.

I tried the 2.3 rom that you fixed up, the dutch rom, and the original that I found yesterday and none of them worked. I am just hoping I can return it and look for another one.

It has been a learning experience though. I am definetly more informed. Now I just have to look for one, read reviews, and find one that will work best for me.

Creativeguy

Comment

k97

Hey Bob,

I am back, lol.

well, it seems that I think I have decided on a rom. I found a rom for the Tomtec ultimate 10 from this site:

I first did the original, then flashed again to the 4.0. Contacts work, and so does calender, which was not working with other roms. I have never tried it though. I finally was checking all of them to see which one would work. The HDMI is still not working though. I think I tried about 7-8 roms, and even with the original that the tablet shipped with, it still never worked. Maybe it is my tv?? Not sure why it would be that, but you never know.

Now the question is....Any help on rooting with this rom? I followed the instructions, paying attention in great detail, but it gets hung up on the mount-o remount. It says mount-o not found. I did a little peaking into all the folders and it has the drivers for a 28xx, not 29xx, so could that do it?

I downloaded superuser, says to copy the su.exe into the backup folder. The file I copy doesn't list an extension of exe. It just says file. But when I look in the backup file, the su is already there. It is a Dutch site, so maybe something gets lost in translation.

And someone lead me to this site:
            Follow-up: Core post: China’s HW engineering lead: The Rockchip RK292 series (RK2928 and RK2926) example [Oct 27, 2012] Exclusive : ST Ericsson, Rockchip To Join Windows 8 For ARM Club In 2013 [Feb…

Doesn't really have to do with what I am trying to accomplish, but just putting it out there incase it could help someone else. Thanks for the lead Donnie, incase you see this.

CReativeguy

Comment

SU does not have an exe extension. That is windows naming. Android recognizes a binary by the first 4 bytes inside the file. so su is just the name there is no extension.

Your not typing the remount commant correctly! There is a space needed before -o
              also you need to tell it what to remount! You cannot just do mount -o remount. Additionally the guy seems to have stuff backwards!
              It should be something like this:
              mount -o rw,remount /system

Also this may not work fully! It assumes that MTD knows the mounted block of system. It may work but if it does not you need to find what block system is mounted in. To find that at the ADB prompt type

# mount
              It will list all the mount point and blocks.
              Find the block for /system Lets say it is block3
              Also pay attention to the file system type like ext3 etc.

So lets say it comes back with this:

/dev/block/mtdblock3 /system ext3 ro,relatime 0 0

Now you would need to type this to remount it properly. Note the file system type above is ext3. If yours is something else you need to specifiy it.

So using the above type this:

# mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

Whoever wrote those instructions kind of jacked them up!

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

k97

Bob,

sorry for the late reply. It worked. Took a couple of tries. There was a little playing with the text in a couple other places, but it finally worked.

Thanks for the correction on the rooting.

Comment

Hey folks,

I'm new here, but I have gotten myself a Chinese tablet as well and I'm fiddling with customizing my ROM.
                  Mine is a 'Chuwi V9', which it turns out is the exact same as a 'Newsmy A1'.

Anyway, I couldn't see a post anywhere to the Newsmy FTP site, so here you go:

You can find ALL newsmy files here. There's so much stuff... If you just use your browser search for K97, you will see there are 9 ROMs for the K97, the latest - a 4.0.3 ROM - is dated April 16, 2012. Might be worth checking out.

I hope this is useful for some of you out there! Their A1 ROM is crap though, the one Chuwi makes is much more stable, however their 2.3 ROM is much better than the one from Chuwi.

Comment

K97....need a replacement

Hey Bob,

After everything I went thru, I still can't do everything that I wanted to do with my Newsmy k97.

Any suggestions on a cheap tablet, preferrable 9.7 screen, 4.0 android, that I can do HDMI, Skype, and netflix. Those are the main funtions I want. Dual camera would be awesome. I am not concerned about brand, just that it works, lol.

Is there a forum in here that suggests good tablets?

Thanks

James

Comment

Working...
                    X