This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meiying M1 RileyROM 1.2

After several days of testing, I'm now ready to release a working ROM for this kind of off brand tablet.

Thanks to Screech for testing for me.

This ROM is rooted, with your choice of 2,4,6 or 8gb of user app space. Just pick the parameter file you want and rename it to "parameter" before flashing.

I'm using the stock recovery because at the moment we haven't been able to get CWM to work, but the rest of the ROM works, OK.

Here is the link to the download:

Download

Please post any feedback you have on this thread.

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 05-23-2013, 22:37.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

R: Meiying M1 RileyROM 1.2

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    After several days of testing, I'm now ready to release a working ROM for this kind of off brand tablet.

This ROM is rooted, with your choice of 2,4,6 or 8gb of user app space. Just pick the parameter file you want and rename it to "parameter" before flashing.

I'm using the stock recovery because at the moment we haven't been able to get CWM to work, but the rest of the ROM works, OK.

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    A very big thanks to randy to save my tablet ! Glad to test the ROM for you !!!
    Again thanks ! :thumbup:

When you need a test for CMW ... I'm here !!!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Meiying M1 RileyROM 1.2

I'm still waiting on Bob to teach me/us the process of making CWM for specific devices....but he is really busy...and I'm getting that way.

Stay tuned.

Sent from my M5
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

I'm still waiting on Bob to teach me/us the process of making CWM for specific devices....but he is really busy...and I'm getting that way.

Stay tuned.

Sent from my M5
        Sure ! I wait here !

Another question is not possible to "convert" pipo 4.2.2 ROM for my tablet ...

Comment

Re: Meiying M1 RileyROM 1.2

Really not. The kernels are too different. And no sources available. New kernels are our weakness in ROM development...especially with newer devices.

Sent from my M5
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Meiying M1 RileyROM 1.2

Thank you. I'll try this. Sometime ago I loaded a wrong firmware on my Meiying M1, It powers up and the LCD screen lights up but thats just it.It still responds when I connect to my PC though so I think there is a chance of reviving it.
            Last edited by Alexdnatel; 06-02-2013, 04:10.

Comment

Meiying M1 RileyROM 1.2

I don't have the tablet...so I don't exactly know how to manually get it into flash mode.

If you say your pc recognizes it, start the flash tool provided in the kit. If it says "Found Mass Storage Device"...just click the reboot2flash button. It should change to "loader found". At this point erase IDB. When that's done flash the ROM.

Good luck.

Randy
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

I got an error upon clicking the reboot2flash button...

I don't have the tablet...so I don't exactly know how to manually get it into flash mode.

If you say your pc recognizes it, start the flash tool provided in the kit. If it says "Found Mass Storage Device"...just click the reboot2flash button. It should change to "loader found". At this point erase IDB. When that's done flash the ROM.

Good luck.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Alexdnatel View Post
                  I got an error upon clicking the reboot2flash button...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vitero/8921271170/
                  Try and try again ...
                  If you want you can completely turn off the M1, push and keep pushed the vol+ key and meanwhile connect micro USB to HOST !!!
                  This worked for me !!

Good luck !

Comment

It seems on my case i dont need to press the + button to enter the flash mode. Finless ROM is open, then I plugged in the tablet, then it says "Found RKAndroid MASS Storage USB" I clicked on "Reboot to Flash mode" button & I got the success popup, then, "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock USB" message at the bottom.

Following on the Procedure, I Clicked the Flash ROM button and the program starts downloading,writing and checking stuff and ended with a "Run OK" message.

After that, the screen flickers for a while, seems rebooting but nothings coming up, no Chinese screen. Well, I have to try & try as you suggested.

Originally posted by screech View Post
                    Try and try again ...
                    If you want you can completely turn off the M1, push and keep pushed the vol+ key and meanwhile connect micro USB to HOST !!!
                    This worked for me !!

Good luck !

Comment

I'm still working on CWM for this tablet.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Great Thanks for the time & effort. I'm still not able to bring to life my MID Tablet...

I'm still working on CWM for this tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexdnatel View Post
                          Great Thanks for the time & effort. I'm still not able to bring to life my MID Tablet...
                          Very strange ... I have installed this many times ... Are you sure that you have a meiying M1 !?

Comment

Meiying M1 RileyROM 1.2

Yes this ROM is specifically for this one tablet model. Sometimes manufacturers, especially OEM's have variations on components...which make the firmware incompatible with each other.

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Im sure it is... check the pics attached.

Originally posted by screech View Post
                              Very strange ... I have installed this many times ... Are you sure that you have a meiying M1 !?

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X