Lava Xtron RileyROM 1.0 [Without HDMI] Feedback Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Freaktab member pradipsoman , here is a new ROM for the Lava Xtron tablet [NOT PLUS] based on an official firmware release.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Very little debloat
    Expanded Ext4 System.img
    2, 4, 6 or 8gb user app space (I have no clue how much NAND flash you have, so maybe 4 or 6 would be the limit)
    CWM Recovery
    Bootanimation by Tattman65
    Reboot app by Petrus
    CWM Flashing Template by 900Supersport
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen

Here is the link to the ROM download:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Thanks to Freaktab member pradipsoman , here is a new ROM for the Lava Xtron tablet [NOT PLUS] based on an official firmware release.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Very little debloat
    Expanded Ext4 System.img
    2, 4, 6 or 8gb user app space (I have no clue how much NAND flash you have, so maybe 4 or 6 would be the limit)
    CWM Recovery
    Bootanimation by Tattman65
    Reboot app by Petrus
    CWM Flashing Template by 900Supersport
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen

Here is the link to the ROM download:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Thanks a looot dear Randy You are great.....There are so many using this Tab and struggling for the official/unofficial ROM. They all will sigh in relief!!!

And Randy, is it 4.1.1 or 4.2.2???
    Last edited by pradipsoman; 08-12-2013, 18:45.

Comment

Has anyone successfully flashed this ROM?

I don't see any feedback.

If not, there is more work to do.

Randy
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Tablet not going beyond the boot logo

Riley Mate and Pradeep Soman,

Thanks to both of you for this wonderfull ROM, I have followed the instructions and flashed this ROM, but after flasing it goes to cwm screen and unable to mount anything, since cwm is not recognising both sd cards(Internal/External). I rebooted the tab thru cwm, but it didn't get past the boot logo.

Then I checked the flash tool, it has 5 files, whereas, the bootloader is unchecked. Should I give it a try checking it and reflash it again????

Comment

Re: Lava Xtron RileyROM 1.0 [Without HDMI] Feedback Thread

No...you don't need to check the loader.

Try flashing with stock recovery instead. See if that works.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Flashing with stock recovery?

No...you don't need to check the loader.

Try flashing with stock recovery instead. See if that works.
            Thanks Randy, but where can I find the stock recovery for this tab? is it incluced in the flash tool?? Also, when I try to replace any files from within the flashtool(trying to replace the files loaded automatically in the flastool) the tool freezes and closed by itself)

I'm using winxp and all drivers files are loaded and my tab is recognised by the laptop...

Comment

I would have to download the ROM kit to be specific, but...look in the RileyROM folder off the root of the flash kit. Within that folder, you should have recovery.img and either stockrecovery.img or cwmrecovery.img.

I thought I made the default as stock recovery, but I can't remember. All you have to do is rename recovery.img something else...then rename the stockrecovery.img to recovery.img. Then run the flash tool.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

I would have to download the ROM kit to be specific, but...look in the RileyROM folder off the root of the flash kit. Within that folder, you should have recovery.img and either stockrecovery.img or cwmrecovery.img.

I thought I made the default as stock recovery, but I can't remember. All you have to do is rename recovery.img something else...then rename the stockrecovery.img to recovery.img. Then run the flash tool.

I have changed the recovery img and flashed again.. Flashing was success... tablet has booted and still on the boot logo... I will wait for 30 minutes to see if something happens and will post the result!!! Thanks Riley...

Comment

Originally posted by cooljay5 View Post
                  I have changed the recovery img and flashed again.. Flashing was success... tablet has booted and still on the boot logo... I will wait for 30 minutes to see if something happens and will post the result!!! Thanks Riley...
                  It's still a no go.....Tab boots and stays on the boot logo and didn't get past it... so, I flashed the original lava ROM from the update.img, posted by pradipsoman, and all is well now... But not sure, why your ROM couldn't get past the boot logo, even after the tab boots up....

Comment

Thanks for the report. I'll get to work on a redo in the morning. There is something I'm doing that causes the boot loop.

Randy
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

I decided not to wait.

I have put together a very basic rooted ROM with very few other tweaks.

Go ahead and see if this one works for you.

Just download from the same link on post #1.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

I decided not to wait.

I have put together a very basic rooted ROM with very few other tweaks.

Go ahead and see if this one works for you.

Just download from the same link on post #1.
                        Riley Mate,

I don't know, what magic you did... I flashed the ver1.0a. Everything went well and it booted this time and all went well... Battery standby time has increased massively than stock ROM... I will test this ROM rigorously, for one week, and will post the results.... Thank you once again for this wonderfull ROM....

BTW: Any chance for us to get CM or AOSP based ROM's for our Tabs??

Thank you so much for your wonderfull support and this awesome ROM....

Comment

I'm glad to hear we finally got it going!!!!!!!

I'm afraid without kernel sources (which I am not a kernel guy, by any means)...CM or AOSP won't be possible.

We can only hope that Lava will release firmware updates for this and the Xtron+ tablets.

If you happen to discover an update, let me know...and send me a link. I'll be happy to update my ROM.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Lost CWM

I'm glad to hear we finally got it going!!!!!!!

I'm afraid without kernel sources (which I am not a kernel guy, by any means)...CM or AOSP won't be possible.

We can only hope that Lava will release firmware updates for this and the Xtron+ tablets.

If you happen to discover an update, let me know...and send me a link. I'll be happy to update my ROM.

Riley Mate,

After flashing your ROM, I think, I lost cwm and stock recovery... Is there a way to get it back?? I want to try the new ROM posted by a user in our thread...

Comment

Just download it again. It's still on our server.

Most of my ROMs contain that same CWM file.

Randy
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X