Trevi Tab 9 3G RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevi Tab 9 3G RileyROM 1.0

This ROM is based on an OEM firmware branded as TREVI TAB 9 3G. There are reports that this firmware fixed a problem with viewing YouTube videos. Other than that, I don't know much more about it. I originally made this ROM because I was told it would work on the Pipo M2 3G tablet, but we found that it did not. So the first couple of posts were in reference to the M2...not the Trevi Tab.

I've been playing around with new ROM kitchen, thanks to my colleague 900SuperSport (our Cube developer here on Freaktab). With this new kitchen comes some fun features.

For months, I've been banging my head trying to get CWM Recovery to work on these Pipo tablets. I couldn't get a CWM version to format all of the partitions, so we put our heads together and combined the functions of the stock recovery to format everything on first boot, then auto install CWM Recovery after that. So this new ROM comes with a working CWM Recovery that your don't need to install yourself. You just have to wait a few minutes after the first boot after flashing for all of this stuff to install.

A byproduct of this new feature provides you with the ability to auto install apps from your external SD card. There are some limitations to this, but if you have utilities or small apps you want to use immediately after boot, your apps will also be installed automatically. Just create a folder named "autoinstall" on your external SD card and put the apk files you want to install in that folder. There can't be any spaces in the file names, though...so after you copy them to the folder, edit the file names to remove any spaces. Also, I wouldn't recommend installing an app that requires data to be restored from your Titanium Backup...it's better to just let Titanium handle those apps. And another thing is that key apps that unlock features within an app don't work well installing this way. For instance, I can install the Titanium Backup/Restore app this way, but I get errors if I also install the key. So just experiment with it and see what works for you.

In the past, I had trouble debloating everything without leaving certain apps in the ROM because it broke some features of the tablet. I've discovered how to keep the provision app from showing up to install Pipo's bloatware, when there wasn't any bloatware to install. It just boots straight to the launcher, now.

I also include an updated First Time User's Guide to add some more explanation of frequently asked questions.

Rockchip released a Windows app that will install the needed drivers for you. While I haven't tested it, myself...because I have everything working just right on my PC...I hear that it does help getting drivers to install the first time. I included it in the ROM kit.

This ROM is:

Rooted with SuperSU
    Completely Debloated
    Google Play Store fixes added to allow for more apps to be compatible
    English Default, but easily changed to whatever language you like
    Init.d Support
    Busybox Support
    Working CWM Recovery automatically installed
    2, 4, 6 and 8gb parameter files for your choice of user app space
    Multi-User Support activated
    Reboot app (by Petrus) added
    Boot Animation by Tattman65
    An updated First Time User's Guide
    New Rockchip driver installation app

Download

Enjoy!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 12-08-2013, 16:37.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

HI,
    I've tested the new ROM unfortunately it is not compatible with my PIPO M2 3G Tablet.
    The touch screen is vertically inverted (i.e you have to touch in the right bottom angle if you want to activate the app icon in the right top angle)
    I read about this issue in some other forum on the internet, it should be related to the motherboard release.
    I'm rolling back to RileyROM V1.0 which was working just fine.
    Regards
    Stefano

Comment

Well, you win some and you loose some.

I hate to waste this ROM....so I'll just rename it Trevi Tab 9 and move this thread to the OEM section.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

I originally made this ROM as a possible fix for the Pipo M2...but it didn't work.

Since it's for the Trevi Tab 9, I moved this thread to the OEM section in hopes that someone with the Trevi Tab 9 can benefit from it.

Enjoy!!!!

Let me know how it works for you. I don't own one of these tablets.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Trevi tab 9 rk2918

Hello, I have a problem with Trevi Tab 9 RK2918, you have firmware for this model? If you have firmware for RK2918 please do upload and send me the link.... thanks.

Comment

Since this ROM is over a year old, I don't have the stock version anymore...sorry.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

How can I do now that is dead, because i flashing the loader that does not correspond help me if you found loader rk2918 sorry for my eng.

Comment

I can try to locate it for you, but it will take me a couple of days...I'm working, away from my archives.

Sounds like you have a difficult situation. I'll try to help you...but remind me on Thursday if I don't get back to you on this.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Thanks for consideration, check with tranquility. Thanks

Comment

Hello my friend, remembers the Trevi tab 9 rk2918 I do not know if you find rom for this model? Thanks.

Comment

Still searching. I have these files on several hard drives...and I rarely ever delete anything.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Working...
                      X