Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Nextbook Models for 2014 (Quad Core RK3188)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
    Does anyone know of a good case for this tablet? Would a iPad Mini case work?
    I ordered one from Amazon.com with a built in usb keyboard for less than $10.

You just have to read the description carefully to verify a 7.85 inch tablet will fit... A common 8 inch tablet case is usually too big.

If I remember correctly, the iPad mini is also 7.85 inch...

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Does anyone know of a good case for this tablet? Would a iPad Mini case work?
      Amazon has some cases ... I bought this one by Birugear, it works well.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
        I ordered one from Amazon.com with a built in usb keyboard for less than $10.

You just have to read the description carefully to verify a 7.85 inch tablet will fit... A common 8 inch tablet case is usually too big.

If I remember correctly, the iPad mini is also 7.85 inch...

ShaunMT

This is the one I got:
        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006FQQQDI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I have a similar one I used for a while with my old 7 inch tablet. I wonder if it'll work. Now I have to find it. Thanks!

Comment

I have a similar one I used for a while with my old 7 inch tablet. I wonder if it'll work. Now I have to find it. Thanks!
            I have this case in 3 different sizes...

The 7 inch is way too small... but fits 7 inch nextbooks...
            The 8 inch is just a little too big... but fits other 8 inch nextbooks...

The one I linked is just a little bit smaller than my 8 inch tablet cases... it holds the NX785QC8G, but not tightly... I'd suggest adding some velcro tape to the tablet and case if you decide to use this style case (with any tablet).

For the price, I like these cases with the kickstand and built in keyboard... although the keyboard does require a micro usb adaptor.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
              I need to do some more experimenting with mine, as I've also wondered if there is a bug involved... but the big problem is that they have 8GB TOTAL storage...

Almost 5GB is assigned to the "internal" SD card, which is way too much for a device with an external SD card slot. Not all apps can be installed here and most install by default to the data partition.

Only about 1GB is assigned to data, which is most apps and other stuff gets stored.

The rest of the storage is reserved for the firmware.

Android doesn't support installing apps on external SD card when an internal SD card exists. The system just doesn't currently support multiple SD card locations for Apps. So even if you get a 16, 32 or 63 GB external SD card... you can only use it for file downloads, photos, videos, etc...

The good news, is that a custom ROM can reallocate some space from the internal SD card to the data partition, swap the internal and external mount points, or eliminate the internal SD card partition entirely and use the external SD card for some apps.

ShaunMT
              Hi ShaunMT! Any update on this?

Originally Posted by B-Man
              I'd like to see the internal SD go away and become entirely data, and the external SD be the only SD partition.

I think I'd like that option too... I'll have to do some testing and see how it actually works out...

ShaunMT

I agree with B-Man.

Appreciate you effort on this.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by restituto View Post
                Hi ShaunMT! Any update on this?

Originally Posted by B-Man
                I'd like to see the internal SD go away and become entirely data, and the external SD be the only SD partition.

I think I'd like that option too... I'll have to do some testing and see how it actually works out...

ShaunMT

I agree with B-Man.

Appreciate you effort on this.

Thanks!
                I have not been able to get the stock recovery to properly install a modified parameter file and correctly wipe the /data, /cache and /sdcard partitions as required. I'm convinced (based on experimentation and review of rockchip source code) that the stock recovery is broken.

I've been working on TWRP and consulting with Abdul_PT as necessary, but am having problems getting TWRP to load the rockchip nand kernel module to enable mounting our partitions.
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                  X