Nextbook Premium 9 Root

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextbook Premium 9 Root

Hi guys, I've searched the web high and low trying to get my Nextbook Premium 9 rooted and have GPlay. With no luck trying get root using existing tools out there, I stumbled onto this great site. Yesterday I sent a ROM dump to Bob (Finless) and currently he is working on getting a root. Hopefully soon, the Nextbook P9 owners will have a more useful tablet! Thanks again to Bob for his hard work!

Originally posted by wukash View Post
    Hi guys, I've searched the web high and low trying to get my Nextbook Premium 9 rooted and have GPlay. With no luck trying get root using existing tools out there, I stumbled onto this great site. Yesterday I sent a ROM dump to Bob (Finless) and currently he is working on getting a root. Hopefully soon, the Nextbook P9 owners will have a more useful tablet! Thanks again to Bob for his hard work!
    Bob is the man when it comes to rooting rockchip tablets!

I have just completed the boot screen and boot animation for your tablet so hopefully you will have your Rom soon

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Thanks so much Damo! I can't wait!

Comment

So I ran into a snag with /system.img. It was cramFS and another one of those modified versions. Thus I could not get the files out reliably. However after some research I found a tweak and made it to the CramFS source code and recompiled cramfsck and now it works.

So expect a ROM 1.5 with GPlay and debloat this week. Unfortunatly I have some family things to deal with which will cause it to take a couple days to get all done.

By the way there is a app in this ROM I do not know what it is. If you could tell me it would help to know to pull them as bloat or if they must be left in? Frling.apk? Any ideas?

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Sounds awesome Bob! I think that might be Fring, a video chat app, I would bloat it.

Luke

Comment

OK I finally have a chance today to work on this ROM!

I expect to have it completed this afternoon.

Bob

Comment

Awesome! Thank you!

Comment

Root Rom for nextbook 9p

Thanks for trying this. I am looking forwar to being able to do good things with this tablet. I was researching this as well.

I found over at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1374742 that there are roms for the nextbook 8. Then someone at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1429945 said that they did an 8 rom to their 9 nextbook and it boots and loads and such as that but the touchscreen don't work anymore.

I know this has already been talked about in this thread, but I did a rom dump on my nextbook9 as well and uploaded to http://isurf2.com/droidwork/next9/ . My romdump ended up with 0 bytes for config.gz but the rest seems to be there. (from what I can tell) I wanted to let you know in case it helps.

Comment

I am uploading my Nextbook9 ROM now. Also a stock ROM to recover to factory if needed.
                  I think you will enjoy this ROM. It is SUPER fast like my 7P ROMs. I think you all will be really impressed! I am suprised no one has done this 9P yet....

Stay tuned it will be up today and in fact in about 1 hour.

Bob

Comment

ROM is done

OK so before I post this as a new ROM in my ROM forum, you guys that have this tablet need to test it for me. I can flash this on my Arnova 10G2 and it boots so I know it is not a BRICK ROM, but that is about as far as I can go. Realize I do not have this tablet to do full testing on! But I am also very competent in RK29 ROMS

I am also supplying the STOCK ROM kit for download so you can go back if needed.

Now I don't want to retype up ALL that my 1.5 ROM is about. So please before going farther read my Nextbook 7P ROM thread here to understand what it is about:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...OM-Version-1-5

ALSO ALWAYS read the README that is in my ROM kit! Speaking of that, I could use some help updating the flash proceedure in the README if it is different than the nextbook 7P. So please help other users by helping me get the README instructions correct!

OK with that said you ready for a ROM that "should" blow your pants off?
                    - EXT4 file system tuned to NAND memory
                    - Full root with write access to /system
                    - SU and SuperUser installed
                    - ADB debug enabled and full ADB enabled
                    - WIFI that allows connection to adhoc networks (thethering)
                    - Total DEBLOAT of the ROM! This tunes the file system straight up! Then use Petrus APP Injector to put back what you want! WARNING... you should put back the stock browser and Gallery3d at a minimum.
                    - 1 GIG of user APP space now vs the 512MB you had before. If you guys want even more, say so. I can go much higher!
                    - Full Google Play and Google APPs with full SYNC support! e.g. Sync for Mail, calendar, and Contacts! You must use APP Injector to install Gplay and those other apps like Gmail, calendar, etc. Again READ THE README!

Here is the Stock ROM Flash Kit:

ROM ->Nextbook 9P Stock ROM (143 megs)

Here is my Finless V1.5 ROM for you to enjoy:

ROM ->Nextbook 9P full root and debloat - Finless Version 1.5 ROM (185 megs)

Let me know how it goes please.
                    Bob
                    Last edited by Finless; 03-23-2015, 13:14.

Comment

Thanks for doing this

Thanks for taking the time to do this Bob. I will try tonight and keep you posted with the results.

Comment

At first glance, a step in the right direction for sure.

Thanks again for working on this for us.

I had no problem flashin the stock (which I tried first) or your custom build. Both flashes went flawless.
                        About your "full root and debloat rom v1.5", that is without a doubt the most debloated rom I have ever seen. It certainly is responsive.

Touchscreen works
                        Wifi seems to work (although there is no browser to test that with, it does find networks and connect)
                        Camera works
                        Microphone Works
                        Speakers work
                        SU is there

As I am sure that you are aware, there is no browser, and no market (play store or slide). Also there is no way in settings to "setup accounts" so that the play store can be side loaded and expected to work.
                        I intend to sideload some apps and start really testing this out. I will keep you posted with results.

Is it too early for a wishlist? Or do you perhapse already have a link on this forum that explains how you customise a rom so that we can take care of our own shopping lists?

BTW: While I was writing this I side loaded Opera mobile 12.0 so I can now say wifi is working and retrieves webpages. I also sideloaded playstore and as expected I have to add an account to this device and there is no way to do this.

Update: Found the app injector. Now "I see said the blind man"
                        Last edited by Brink; 06-22-2012, 04:24. Reason: additional info

Comment

Great to see it is working!

I would recommend you re flash again though and use app injector to install the Playstore, stock browser, gallery etc and any other items you need in the program :thumbup:

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Android 4.0.4 ICS
                          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                          </form>

Comment

WOW! Just noticed you were done For some reason I did not get an update on my phone yesterday, but I am about to try this ROM out right now

Comment

Originally posted by wukash View Post
                              WOW! Just noticed you were done For some reason I did not get an update on my phone yesterday, but I am about to try this ROM out right now
                              I was wondering what happened to you!

Let me know how it goes and PLEASE if you can help to update the readme doc in the ROM flash kit! It seems Brink is having too much fun with the ROM to post back here

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X