Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM 701 did it ever work?

I'm new to the forum so be gentle.

I have the TM701 and followed this thread - but I'm not sure if anyone really succeeded in getting ICS and wi-fi to work. Can anyone enlighten me?
    If not, is it possible to root the TM701? It comes with various European news readers installed that just hog memory space - I'd like to get them off.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Prof

Comment

kernel

Originally posted by prof Quatermass View Post
      I'm new to the forum so be gentle.

I have the TM701 and followed this thread - but I'm not sure if anyone really succeeded in getting ICS and wi-fi to work. Can anyone enlighten me?
      If not, is it possible to root the TM701? It comes with various European news readers installed that just hog memory space - I'd like to get them off.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Prof

DMESG-KZR6282013.txtDMESG-nextbook-ginger.txt

I have been working on this for a year now. I haven't posted on here lately, but read the posts on my email as they get posted here. To be honest, I had no clue about touchscreens when I started this, so I had to learn about them. Not to mention, Rockchip sources are either crippled, lacking or both. Anywho, the above attachments show the original dmesg from the gingerbread kernel for these boards. the other attachment is from my kernel source that I have been working on. Every sensor works. Power works. And, yes, wifi works perfectly. if you look at the dmesg, you will notice that sound doesnt work, nor the keypad. I had sound working but, might have done something to break it. I shouldn't have a problem getting it back up, just have to figure out what happened. My biggest problem is the keypad. If you try to google the so381010 driver, you will be hard pressed to find anything for it that you can use. it's based off of synaptics so340010. i have the address and bus, but getting it to init causes rk2918-keypad to break, as you can see from dmesg. i am currently moving to another apartment, today actually, as soon as I get settled, I'll get back on this.
      I had crackitopen teseting earlier kernel, but haven't heard from him in awhile, life gets in the way. lol
      i keep him posted from time to time, so ask him also.

thanks,

kuazar
      "Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."- Morpheus
      nextbook7 #0811 with heavily modded finless 1.4
      huawei activa4g rooted, cwm, mihome

Comment

by the way

If anyone wants to send me the build.prop and boot animation for these tablets(TM701), I would appreciate it. Just as to tailor it more for the brand than anything.........
        As for the NXM726(Premium7) I have other plans eventually. Either way, I have been working on this for about a year, literally every day, researching and implementing things, I just wish I had more time to get it out sooner. I don't intend on giving up on it, so there will be something eventually. Like I said, I do have wifi working and most everything else, but the keys not working is a deal breaker for me. I don't want to put out something partially complete, even at 95%. I am planning on getting a jtag for this in the next few weeks to see how far I can get on working on the bootloader as well. (Hint: Das U-Boot) So cross your fingers. lol. Thanks for ya'll patience.
        There are a lot of people out there (Finless, Omegamoon, Oma and crew, etc) doing a lot of cool things with Rockchip boards. I thank them all for the inspiration.
        Once I get this source where I want it, AND clean it up a little, I intend on uploading it to GitHub....

Thanks,

kuazar
        "Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."- Morpheus

Comment

SNEAK PEAK....sort of

The first link is a kernel image from a few months back.
          I have made a lot of progress since this, but not yet there.
          The kernel does not have sound or keypad and the framebuffer isn't displaying correctly
          in this image. The touchscreen is in mouse mode, so you will have to either use two fingers
          or double tap to get things to respond. I have newer images but the touch wasn't calbrating correctly
          so I chose one with mouse mode to make it easier for those that wish to "peek" at it.
          As I recall, everything else works - including wifi.
          The boot image is not mine. It is Oma's. I chose it so that I wouldn't waste time on anything
          else but the kernel. I guess eventually I will modify one to my tastes. You will want to use this with the kernel. This kernel isn't a daily driver. (Use at your own risk. Not reponsible for any thing that may go wrong. Just in case.lol) I am posting for the sake of proof that someone is working on this for the public.
          I am still actively working on it.
          I am sorry for the wait.......

Comment

itworks_tm701_stock_rom

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            I am looking at your ROM now to see if we can fix wifi later on ICS.
            However because I cannot test this ROM other than to boot it (I know it's not a brick), we will need to take baby steps.

First let's make sure we have a working STOCK ROM flash kit and wifi works.
            Please flash this and confirm that WiFi works and other stuff works. This is basically the ROM you gave me converted into a ROM flash kit. Once we know all works and have a basis to work with, we can then try to get Wifi working on ICS ROM.

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f..._stock_rom.zip

Bob
            is working for me too

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              I am looking at your ROM now to see if we can fix wifi later on ICS.
              However because I cannot test this ROM other than to boot it (I know it's not a brick), we will need to take baby steps.

First let's make sure we have a working STOCK ROM flash kit and wifi works.
              Please flash this and confirm that WiFi works and other stuff works. This is basically the ROM you gave me converted into a ROM flash kit. Once we know all works and have a basis to work with, we can then try to get Wifi working on ICS ROM.

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f..._stock_rom.zip

Bob
              Hello,

Thanks for your job. I have a I.T. Works TM701 tablet and i can't make factory reset.

How can i get this rom ? The link didn't work.

Comment

Working...
              X