Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kiss principle and getting google play to work

Greetings all,
    i have just received my latest toy- nextbook Model no:next7p serial no Yf071200.. Fcc id :s7jnext7p

Please help this cave man, who has just learned to make fire without having to wait for lighting to strike.

i have been trying to read the various forum threads to work out how to get Google play to work on my tablet. i simply don't understand the terms being spoken.

so please keep it simple for this Stupid

thanks

hello, any one out there

Hello,
    Can any one direct me to the correct rom to download for my tablet.

Nextbook Model no:next7p
    serial no Yf071200..
    Fcc id :s7jnext7p

Comment

This is not an easy answer my friend. Nextbook 7p could be one of many models. I have not even heard of your serial number range before YF1200. So yours could be yet another model!

The only way to be 100% sure is to dump your ROM for me and let me root it. Sure one of the other 7P ROMs may work but if you flash one and it doesnt, your stuck without an original ROM to go back to.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi Bob,
        thanks for the reply,
        please be patient with me, how do i dump the rom to you?

cheers

Comment

I also have a 7s s/n yf03. (Wifes)
          I Need help with google play and netflix. No updates from efun / nextbook.
          I am computer savvy and can send you a rom image. I am new here but I think I saw the image download instructions around here somewhere.
          TIA!
          Polaroid S8
          Blackberry Torch
          Kindle Fire HD Gen 2 - Wifes
          Nokia 520 Windows 8 - Wifes
          (3) Nextbook 7s - Slooooooow - (Finless Bob ROM) - used for kids e-readers
          (2) Samsung Exhibits - kids
          Samsung Blaze, Kindle Fire, (2) PMID701c (Elektrik ROM) - all RIP
          ...some laptops, some PC's and some routers / switches

Comment

Originally posted by jsta6 View Post
            (Corrections)

My Next7P-12 with ICS 4.0.3 has a serial YF031211xxxx (<=== 4 trailing digits) and a manufacture date of March 2012. The build date on my original ROM is 2012/03/18.

I would speculate that the 0312 in the serial no is a date code for March 2012. Approximately, the earliest date code mentioned here seems to be 0811 or 0911, which seems consistent with product's life span.

With my YF031211xxxx, I have succeeded installing Finless' 1211 stock ROM and his rooted1.2 with GPlay. I have not succeeded with his 1.4 or 1.5... so far...
            Last edited by vendorz; 08-02-2012, 04:23. Reason: Correcting details

Comment

Nextbook 7S with Resesive Screen &quot;Need HELP!&quot;

I am some what computer savy... With that said I studdied computers a very long time ago!!! Tablets are a new thing for me but I am having problems installing Google Play into my daughter's new tablet. I had done so in the past but my computer won't recognize my new nextbook 7S. I don't know what to do, I have a 13 year old that wants google play so that she can download all the good things she had in her previous tablet... I don't know how to dump, or flash!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jsta6 View Post
                I am computer savvy and can send you a rom image. I am new here but I think I saw the image download instructions around here somewhere.
                TIA!
                You'll never get an update for Google Play from Nextbook because they aren't licensed, so you'll have to use one of Bob's ROMs. Not sure which one.

As for Netflix App, Nextbook finally has the update download on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by ZonaMojo View Post
                  You'll never get an update for Google Play from Nextbook because they aren't licensed, so you'll have to use one of Bob's ROMs. Not sure which one.

As for Netflix App, Nextbook finally has the update download on their site.
                  Thanks for your reply.

WOW...I guess I never got the email about this thread...I just happend here while working on another thread. Anyway...the screen is cracked on this tablet, so I haven't been able to do anything with it. (I bought the wife a kindle fire when they were on sale around black friday / christmas time or whenver)

Is there a thread for replacement screens for these? Sorry if I missed it, I searched and couldn't find one.
                  Polaroid S8
                  Blackberry Torch
                  Kindle Fire HD Gen 2 - Wifes
                  Nokia 520 Windows 8 - Wifes
                  (3) Nextbook 7s - Slooooooow - (Finless Bob ROM) - used for kids e-readers
                  (2) Samsung Exhibits - kids
                  Samsung Blaze, Kindle Fire, (2) PMID701c (Elektrik ROM) - all RIP
                  ...some laptops, some PC's and some routers / switches

Comment

Working...
                  X