Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NextBook Next7S Premium Taken Apart with Pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry

hi guys
    sorry to bring a old subject up , but i do have the same situation here . i got a archos arnova tablet with defective battery , i couldnt find any replacment . its the same battery as the next7s i think . is it ok to fit a HTC BG41200 battery ? its from the HTC Flyer tablet . im wondering since stock battery of the archos is li-po and htc battery is li-ion .

thanks

Originally posted by FreakAZoid View Post
    Hey all! I finally got the guts to open up my Next7S Premium to see what makes it tick. However I mainly did this because I was interested in the battery because someone claimed they took apart their Next7S Premium and saw that the battery took up only half of the space it could which means room for a bigger longer lasting battery! And truth be told this is correct! There is tons more extra space for a new, beefier battery. Here are the statistics...

Battery Measurements:

Length: 10cm/100mm
    Height: 6.7cm/67mm
    Thickness: .4cm/4mm
    wh(watt-hour): 11.1(as stated on battery)

The battery has a ground, positive and negative wire that are soldered to the circuit board.

Battery Compartment:

Length: 10.3cm/103mm
    Height: 9.7 cm/97mm
    Thickness: .4cm/4mm (I am assuming the width should be the same as the current OEM battery width and wouldn't go any fatter.)

Battery Label:

-Rec 11.1wh 3.7v
    + 427010625 G20214101053

Unfortunately nothing pulls up on Google about this battery and I am not surprised.

To see the pictures please download the 30mb rar file from here. I would post them here but I'd rather share the raw files which are much larger and better resolution.

How to open up your Next7S Premium Tablet

WARNING: You will most likely break 1 or more snap brackets that hold this tablet together. The brackets are so brittle they were made to break when opened so tough love. I broke probably 4 or 5 but the case will still snap back into place however there will be small gaps around the tablets where the broken brackets are. So unless you are a miracle worker you are guaranteed to break a couple brackets. Oh and I am not responsible for any damage you do to your device.

I used a plastic spreader that came with my silver thermal compound paste but a thin credit card will work to. Don't use anything metal like a small screw driver otherwise you will chew up your case. The easiest starting point is in the middle between the charging port and the micro usb port. If you have good strong fingernails that aren't too long you can get your nails in there to spread the plastic open long enough to get your tool in there. You will need to apply a moderate amount of force get this process going. I would inch by inch spread the plastic with my nails and spreader. The corners are a little difficult but just use your gut feeling as to how to approach it. If at all possible take special care around the power and volume hard buttons. If you break the brackets around there your buttons will never be the same. Yes, they will be functional but wiggly. I managed to break one bracket but the other stayed in tacked but my power button is a little wiggly. Once you get half way through you can start pulling the two plastic pieces apart.

If you end up breaking many or all of the brackets which could easily happen, there are ways of fixing this. In most cases you will carry around your tablet in a case so the case will keep it together easily. Or you can grab some black electrical tape and just tape around the tablet. No one will ever know. Its not like this tablet is shiney or looks kick ass. Its pretty bold looking as is.

How to put the case back together

This is the easy part. Start from the power and volume buttons and make sure those are snug first. Then snap the rest in place and your done.

Ok, so now that I have done the messy part someone in the field of battery's needs to go out and find the best rechargeable battery that will fit the dimensions of the battery compartment. According to the spec sheet on Nextbookusa.com the stock battery is 3000MAH. Hopefully someone can find one that is double that considering we have more space to work with. Please post your findings!

Cheers!

I ended up finding a really close battery. It's 1mm fatter which should be ok, is 3mm taller but we can stuff the battery in there and has a 3 pin plug which can be cut off and then you got separate ground, positive and negative. Its a 5000mah 3.7v battery. Only downfall is that in order to purchase this battery you have to buy 1000 of them. Alibaba.com is gay like that. Here is the link...

If anyone can find anything like this please post it here!

Comment

Any luck taking the screen and trim off? I have a cracked LCD need that part #

Comment

Working...
      X