Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post

The NX700QC16G was also a MediaTek device and has been rooted. There are also several MediaTek tablets in the MediaTek (MTK) forum section that have been rooted.

In general, it seems that Kingo Root works on most Android 4.2 devices and earlier, while only iRoot or vRoot work on Android 4.4 and newer.

ShaunMT, followed your advice and used vRoot, it was able to root the device.

Cheers,

tr

Comment

Rooted

I also was able to root the tablet using iroot via pc only it has kitkat 4 4 2 thanks for the info shaunmt

Comment

Originally posted by purfecshon View Post
        I also was able to root the tablet using iroot via pc only it has kitkat 4 4 2 thanks for the info shaunmt
        how do you find the touchscreen sensitivity.. Are you experiencing any lag? thinking of returning mine because of it... Sounds like it's a common theme for these devices within this pricer range for $88CDN, it could have been worst.

Comment

Install Update.IMG File

Hi Shaun, first of all a greeting, again asking you for your help, the tablet of my daughter came to "die", wrote to the people of Nextbook to ask about the image file to update Kitkat for the version of our tablet and they sent me a link where I could download the correct file.

My question is if there is way to install the img file using TWRP since the tablet was left with this recovery. Thanks in advance for your help.

Remember I am translating this text using google case not understood my text ja ja

Comment

Originally posted by 1976Nano View Post
            Hi Shaun, first of all a greeting, again asking you for your help, the tablet of my daughter came to "die", wrote to the people of Nextbook to ask about the image file to update Kitkat for the version of our tablet and they sent me a link where I could download the correct file.

My question is if there is way to install the img file using TWRP since the tablet was left with this recovery. Thanks in advance for your help.

Remember I am translating this text using google case not understood my text ja ja
            The official stock firmware update for this model is an a Rockchip proprietary .img format, which can only be installed using the stock recovery, or possibly with a PC rockchip flashing tool (I don't know how to do it this way, but Nextbook might have included instructions with the download?)

I would recommend one of two options:

1. Use TWRP to install the .zip format of my modified version of the stock update instead.

or

2. Use TWRP to reinstall the my .zip format of the stock recovery. Then use the stock recovery to reinstall the stock firmware update from Nextbook.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Thank you friend I will try again to recovery stock and install the file I downloaded, greetings and good day

Comment

Questions on space. partitioned to 4 gb and everything seemed fine but despite maybe 15 small applications being downloaded the system will not allow me to download anymore.

After downloading a 40 MB game it will not allow to open basically saying insufficient space

The internal storage is listed as follows
                Total Space 3.94 GB
                Available 1.99 GB

Nand Flash
                Total Space 1.55GB
                Available Space 0.00 B - I assume this is where the problem is

SD Card
                Total Space 7.39 GB
                Available 7.07 GB

Seems like when apps are downloaded it attempts to goto the Nand Flash space which is unavailable.

Any advice is appreciated

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikeborut View Post
                  Questions on space. partitioned to 4 gb and everything seemed fine but despite maybe 15 small applications being downloaded the system will not allow me to download anymore.

After downloading a 40 MB game it will not allow to open basically saying insufficient space

The internal storage is listed as follows
                  Total Space 3.94 GB
                  Available 1.99 GB

Nand Flash
                  Total Space 1.55GB
                  Available Space 0.00 B - I assume this is where the problem is

SD Card
                  Total Space 7.39 GB
                  Available 7.07 GB

Seems like when apps are downloaded it attempts to goto the Nand Flash space which is unavailable.

Any advice is appreciated

Mike
                  Whetever you are trying to download is configured to install to internal SD card by default and your internal sd card is full.

Application developers can specify their apps to install to either internal storage (/data) or sd card, or auto (system settings default).

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

I also ran into this. I just flashed the 2gb parameter file and haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                      Whetever you are trying to download is configured to install to internal SD card by default and your internal sd card is full.

Application developers can specify their apps to install to either internal storage (/data) or sd card, or auto (system settings default).

ShaunMT
                      Thank you for responding as always.

Where I am confused is my internal memory shows 1.99 GB free but the Nand Flash shows full are these different?

MIke

Comment

Originally posted by mikeborut View Post
                        Thank you for responding as always.

Where I am confused is my internal memory shows 1.99 GB free but the Nand Flash shows full are these different?

MIke
                        Yes... this model labels your /data partition as internal memory and labels your internal sd card partition as Nand flash. Most models label /data as data and internal sd card as sdcard.

The parameter patches increase the /data partition by making the internal sd card partition smaller.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Does adb work on this tablet, ive tried tons of time on windows and linux and it won't show in adb devices.

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanP89 View Post
                            Does adb work on this tablet, ive tried tons of time on windows and linux and it won't show in adb devices.
                            Absolutely! ...assuming you have the drivers installed correctly...

I'm using ADB on mine (In Ubuntu unix) right to test and troubleshoot a new ROM that I'm working on...

Please don't ask me how how to install or configure the drivers... In unix, I had to manually edit some system files to get it working... I don't remember if I ever installed the drivers in Windows or not...

If you can't find a guide somewhere for installing adb drivers for Rockchip (rk3188), post a thread in the forums and maybe another user can help you.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by purfecshon View Post
                              ShaunMT
                              *I just Got Nextbook NX785QC16G which I bought at walmart in canada it comes with 16gb bluetooth and would you believe GPS for $88 CAN. The problem is it needs to be rooted the firmware update is at the Nextbook site if you can look into it and maybe give me some direction in rooting this device thanks

A few questions regarding your NX785QC16G....Would it be possible to create an image of the OS (A backup of the whole thing basically) on this tablet and upload it?

And a Question to ShaunMT:*I have the Nextbook 8 NXW8QC16G which is the windows based version of Purfecshon's.... I bought this with the soul intent of wiping it and getting something like either XBMC on it (Due to the fact that it has a HDMI out, so it would be an incredibly small XBMC box) or alternatively to get android on it (When I say I am a lifetime windows user that thinks Windows 8 SUX big time, you can believe me). I have bought an OTG hub, tried various ways to get the thing to accept an Android version to no avail. I even downloaded G-Parted iso, wrote it to usb stick, booted into the menu where it asks what you want to accomplish, selected "gparted normal" (Or something to that effect), it started up with what looked like it was getting ready to get to the main page for deleting partitions, and then just went blank screen?!?!?! My one concern is obviously because this unit has an EFI bios in it, would this unit still work if I managed to delete all the partitions (The EFI is in the first 300MB partition of the internal memory from what I could see in "Computer Management") and create an EXT3 partition? I saw a youtube video with someone that used gparted to wipe his tablet with Winsux on it and create the partition necessary for Android Lollipop, which he maintains will run on any tablet (Obviously "To be seen, to be Believed" but I do have more faith in Linux than Winsux) So if you can offer any assistance with this it would be most appreciated.*

MeM-TecH
                              Last edited by MeM-TecH; 02-22-2015, 15:18. Reason: Edit

Comment

Originally posted by MeM-TecH View Post

A few questions regarding your NX785QC16G....Would it be possible to create an image of the OS (A backup of the whole thing basically) on this tablet and upload it?

And a Question to ShaunMT:*I have the Nextbook 8 NXW8QC16G which is the windows based version of Purfecshon's.... I bought this with the soul intent of wiping it and getting something like either XBMC on it (Due to the fact that it has a HDMI out, so it would be an incredibly small XBMC box) or alternatively to get android on it (When I say I am a lifetime windows user that thinks Windows 8 SUX big time, you can believe me). I have bought an OTG hub, tried various ways to get the thing to accept an Android version to no avail. I even downloaded G-Parted iso, wrote it to usb stick, booted into the menu where it asks what you want to accomplish, selected "gparted normal" (Or something to that effect), it started up with what looked like it was getting ready to get to the main page for deleting partitions, and then just went blank screen?!?!?! My one concern is obviously because this unit has an EFI bios in it, would this unit still work if I managed to delete all the partitions (The EFI is in the first 300MB partition of the internal memory from what I could see in "Computer Management") and create an EXT3 partition? I saw a youtube video with someone that used gparted to wipe his tablet with Winsux on it and create the partition necessary for Android Lollipop, which he maintains will run on any tablet (Obviously "To be seen, to be Believed" but I do have more faith in Linux than Winsux) So if you can offer any assistance with this it would be most appreciated.*

MeM-TecH
                                The NX785QC16G uses MediaTek hardware, as I recall. You might find some info about it in either the Nextbook forum or the MTK forums.

I don't know much about Windows tablets such as the NXW8QC16G. I haven't yet bought a Windows tablet. You might find some useful info in either the the Nextbook forum or the Windows tablets forum.

Like you, my opinion of Windows 8 is not very high, although I have to admit that I've never actually used it. I really liked the design of the Nextbook 10 inch Windows tablet with the snap on keyboard though. I probably should have bought one to play with when they were on sale for at Walmart for Chistmas....

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X