Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
    I use PNY class 4 "cheapies" and have never had a problem with them in my tablets or cell phones. Nothing wrong with PNY. They make Nvidia video cards, that's good enough for me.
    I don't think I've ever used a PNY brand, so I can't offer an opinion.
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
      Your tablet isn't permanently bricked. I softbricked mine so many times its not funny. But to get that back see if it can boot into fastboot. Download rktools and Shaun's modified ROM. Guarantee it'll come back to life. Volume up and power will get you into boot loader. Heads up you will know if you are in it when you connect to the tools.
      Whelp, after fully manipulating Franky Jr. into something only a mother could love I turned my attention back to Franky Sr. and Rockchip Batch Tool education. Currently he's out of his coma and running Shaun's custom Kitkat (with Freaktab splash screen...yay..). The only thing since flashing is the recommended reset (including internal sd), the stock parameters and bloatware are still intact until I come up with another sd card to commence future torture tactics.

Thank you gentlemen for all your encouragement.

oNd

Comment

Originally posted by OldrNdirt View Post
        Whelp, after fully manipulating Franky Jr. into something only a mother could love I turned my attention back to Franky Sr. and Rockchip Batch Tool education. Currently he's out of his coma and running Shaun's custom Kitkat (with Freaktab splash screen...yay..). The only thing since flashing is the recommended reset (including internal sd), the stock parameters and bloatware are still intact until I come up with another sd card to commence future torture tactics.

Thank you gentlemen for all your encouragement.

oNd
        Glad to hear that you made some more progress.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

shaunmt I just wanted to say thanks again for your ROM. I just bought my 7 year old son and my wife this tablet, so now we have three in the house and they are all running your ROM with the 4GB patch. Thank you.

Comment

I Just donated. Thanks again.

Also in case anyone has issues with installing all the parts of the ROM, I've done it on three different tablets now. First install TWRP, then the 4GB parameter patch (if you want it), and last install the ROM. I've found if you do the ROM before the 4GB parameter patch, or at the same time, you have to install the ROM again. If you install in that order, everything will work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
              I Just donated. Thanks again.

Also in case anyone has issues with installing all the parts of the ROM, I've done it on three different tablets now. First install TWRP, then the 4GB parameter patch (if you want it), and last install the ROM. I've found if you do the ROM before the 4GB parameter patch, or at the same time, you have to install the ROM again. If you install in that order, everything will work just fine.

Thanks for the support!

Donations are few and far between. I'm currently considering one of the new 11 inch intel powered Nextbooks with the pogo keyboard for my next project and your donation brings me about halfway there.

I'm still working on some more things for the NX785QC8G also, so keep an eye on the forums.

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I wasn't quite sure where to as this and since I have the modified ROM I felt this might be appropriate. I have a notification to update SuperSU binary and I was wondering if I should. I didn't want to mess up the ROM with the update, but I think not updating is affecting my other apps.

Comment

Originally posted by RukatheBlackfish View Post
                  I wasn't quite sure where to as this and since I have the modified ROM I felt this might be appropriate. I have a notification to update SuperSU binary and I was wondering if I should. I didn't want to mess up the ROM with the update, but I think not updating is affecting my other apps.

It should be perfectly fine to update the su binary via supersu.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Shaun please help me, after i used the modified rom that you create my usb storage is not mounted anymore please help..

Comment

It only shows internal storage of 1gb and my sd card storage 32gb.. the usb storage is gone

Comment

Now i cant install anything... and also apps cant move to sd card even i have 29gb left getting error not enough memory on sd

Comment

Originally posted by Xprime View Post
                          Now i cant install anything... and also apps cant move to sd card even i have 29gb left getting error not enough memory on sd
                          Following the suggestions from the FAQ's in post number 2 of this thread should resolve your issue...

If following those suggestions doesn't resolve the issue, please post a message indicating what steps you've taken in your attempt to resolve the issue.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Hi Shaun thanks for the reply, I have tried that but it still giving me 1 GB internal memory and the remaining memory becomes a SD card memory...

and now I have got a bigger problem...

I used TWRP and install the zip file you uploaded for the partitions to edit the partition thinking that might fix the problem with the storage..

now I lost the android OS it doesn't boot.. my tab now can only go TWRP and I can't install anything using TWRP because its giving me an error /system not mounted.. or can't be mounted.

It seems like I accidentally deleted the android OS when editing the partitions ..

Because I want to have the total ROM space as the Internal memory, because of the game that I am playing it requires 2 GB internal memory.

Can't use my tab now please help me shaun

please help me.. i am really a newbie when it comes to these things..

When I am trying to turn on the tab it only shows the picture of your avatar freaktab and it stays there it doesn't boot...

Even you bring it back on stock without the root thats fine as long as I have the normal state that it has before giving me total 8 GB internal memory

Thank you..

Comment

Originally posted by Xprime View Post
                              Hi Shaun thanks for the reply, I have tried that but it still giving me 1 GB internal memory and the remaining memory becomes a SD card memory...

and now I have got a bigger problem...

I used TWRP and install the zip file you uploaded for the partitions to edit the partition thinking that might fix the problem with the storage..

now I lost the android OS it doesn't boot.. my tab now can only go TWRP and I can't install anything using TWRP because its giving me an error /system not mounted.. or can't be mounted.

It seems like I accidentally deleted the android OS when editing the partitions ..

Because I want to have the total ROM space as the Internal memory, because of the game that I am playing it requires 2 GB internal memory.

Can't use my tab now please help me shaun

please help me.. i am really a newbie when it comes to these things..

When I am trying to turn on the tab it only shows the picture of your avatar freaktab and it stays there it doesn't boot...

Even you bring it back on stock without the root thats fine as long as I have the normal state that it has before giving me total 8 GB internal memory

Thank you..

First, use TWRP to format the system partition. That will fix it so it is mountable again.

Then, flash the desired parameter patch.

Then make sure you have the TWRP flashable version of my ROM and flash it.

That should get running with a desirable storage layout. You will still have an internal :"sdcard", but the space will be limited to whatever is leftover after the data partition was created.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Shaun is it okay if you can post here the links for the TWRP flashable version of your ROM

There are three types of those partition zips you created right

which one do you prefer that i use..

the stock , 2 GB or 4 GB.. i just want to have the highest internal memory that i can.. not at sd card memory

about the error " /system not mounted"

i have tried to install the stock patition zip you created and the 4gb partition zip you created but it still giving me error "/system error not mounted "

Comment

Working...
                                X