Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AMMO View Post
    I think I soft bricked my device (stupid me I’m impatient) while trying to install CWM recovery, I got as far as using RKAndroidtool, unticked kernel, boot, and system options and clicked "run" to install recovery_ CWM.img. It seemed to go ok until RKAndroidtool finished with “INFO:Run OK”. The nextbook was supposed to reboot into recovery on it’s own, but nothing happened. In fact, nothing is still happening no matter what I do. RKAndroidtool will show “Found” and “No Found” at times when I try to reboot manually, but absolutely nothing shows on the screen. Is it possible it stuck in fastboot mode? HELP!!! Lol.

Phones and Kindles were easier for me than this thing...
    Were you on a rooted firmware. Root is necessary in order to flash a recovery. The arctools.apk also requires root. Not sure what went wrong. Maybe a bad flash. I've personally flashed the recovery myself without any issue. And apparently user RosaFang has also done this. I've bricked my tablet many times trying to flash only the parameter file with the rkandroid tool. Reflashing OMA'S rom always got me up and running.

Comment

I will reflash OMA'S rom without cwm recovery and try the arctools.apk method. Will let you know how it goes...

Comment

Originally posted by orlandoamg360 View Post
        Were you on a rooted firmware. Root is necessary in order to flash a recovery. The arctools.apk also requires root. Not sure what went wrong. Maybe a bad flash. I've personally flashed the recovery myself without any issue. And apparently user RosaFang has also done this. I've bricked my tablet many times trying to flash only the parameter file with the rkandroid tool. Reflashing OMA'S rom always got me up and running.
        There are ways to flash recovery without root...

You almost always have to reflash ROM and wipe data, cache and sometimes SD card when flashing a parameter file, because the parameter file changes the locations of partitions.
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Ok guys. After reflashing OMA'S rom (necessary to remove cwm and restore stock recovery) i updated to ShaunMT's rom with his update.img via the stock recovery . Once I was up and running, I proceeded to install arctools. Its quick and easy to use. Just select OMA'S cwm recovery 6.0.3.1 from the drop down list, hit download, then install. Its that easy. Then just go to reboot tab and select reboot to recovery to access cwm. Make your nandroid backup to external sd. Then, its necessary to reflash OMA'S rom to obtain the new parameters which will format the system, data, and sd card partitions, which is why you must backup to external sd. Install arctools once again and reinstall recovery. Restore backup of ShaunMT's rom. Tedious, i know, but necessary untill ShaunMT can release his repartitioned Roms.

Comment

Great news, I may give this a go this weekend when I have more time to focus on the task.

Comment

FYI

Some additional ROM options with different /data and /sdcard sizes aren't far away... just doing some more testing and tweaking to ensure that they are easy for everyone to install...

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

PM me if you need a tester, I can easily get this thing back to your original update.

Comment

PM me if you need a tester, I can easily get this thing back to your original update.
                  I don't think I will, but if I do, I'll let you know.

At present they install ok, but result in either a bootloop, or an encrypted android login. Either condition requires a manual reboot to recovery to wipe data and cache.

Modifying the install script to properly wipe data, cache, and hopefully sdcard too, should resolve the problem, I just haven't had more time to make the changes and retest yet... maybe after work tonight, but no promises...

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

AWESOME!

Comment

Has anyone tried the disable critical battery shutdown for choose to see how that affects the early battery shutdown situation. I've current have it installed to see what happens.

Comment

Not sure if it is because of Oma's ROM or the fact that only 1GB was available on the stock nextbook, but Injustice: Gods Among Us is incompatible. Can anyone with more than a 1GB partition confirm this as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Perfectpitch View Post
                          Has anyone tried the disable critical battery shutdown for choose to see how that affects the early battery shutdown situation. I've current have it installed to see what happens.
                          It shouldn't matter... the problem is that the battery runs down completely before the critical battery shutdown is triggered because the battery level is incorrect...
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Not sure if it is because of Oma's ROM or the fact that only 1GB was available on the stock nextbook, but Injustice: Gods Among Us is incompatible. Can anyone with more than a 1GB partition confirm this as well?
                            Installed fine on my ROM with stock 1GB data partition.

The app is only about 83MB in /data... the support files are over a gig but went to /sdcard.

Never played it before... interesting game mechanics... excellent graphics!

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Its compatible on my tab but I'm running latest modded play store. Not sure if that makes a difference. And I believe the maximum file size for any app apk is 50mb. That is what will get installed to data partition. The huge 1gb+ obb extension file that you have to download after opening apps gets installed to internal sd card. Not the data partition. I also use an app called foldermount that moves these huge obb files to the external sd card and creates a symlink to run from external sd allowing me to install more huge games.

Comment

Hmmm, I've done something wrong then. I'll troubleshoot when I get home. Thanks for checking!

Comment

Working...
                                X