Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to fix this battery graph issue? Tried factory restore and it stays the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkomega View Post
      Any way to fix this battery graph issue? Tried factory restore and it stays the same.
      Are you using the original charger that came with the tablet?
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Bought it used from **** but it came with the original NX785QC8G box so I assume it is.
        It happened while doing a Titanium Backup full restore (apps and system data). After rebooting I noticed that something was wrong with the battery graph.

Comment

Bought it used from **** but it came with the original NX785QC8G box so I assume it is.
          It happened while doing a Titanium Backup full restore (apps and system data). After rebooting I noticed that something was wrong with the battery graph.
          Well unfortunately this is the only advice I can give you...

These tablets don't seem to charge properly without the stock charger, at least mine won't charge correctly on any of my Samsung phone chargers...

There seems to be a problem with the way Android reads or reports the battery level... This seems to be a problem in Google's Android code. Some of the Nexus tablets experience similar issues.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I'll leave it charging overnight to see if it corrects itself.
            Just in case is there a method of re-flashing the custom rom instead of updating/factory restore?

Comment

I'll leave it charging overnight to see if it corrects itself.
              Just in case is there a method of re-flashing the custom rom instead of updating/factory restore?
              Yeah, you can reflash it same as you flashed it originally.

You might want to research the battery problems on the Nexus 7. There are some temporary fixes, but nothing permanent...

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I originally flashed it by putting the update.img on the external sd and updated from Jellybean to Custom Kitkat then factory restored to fix the internal sd mount issue. Does factory restore count as a clean install?
                Was thinking more along the lines of formatting the 2GB ROM partition then re-flash the custom ROM if that makes any sense. Since I'm kinda new to this rooting stuff I just need a point in direction.

Comment

I originally flashed it by putting the update.img on the external sd and updated from Jellybean to Custom Kitkat then factory restored to fix the internal sd mount issue. Does factory restore count as a clean install?
                  Was thinking more along the lines of formatting the 2GB ROM partition then re-flash the custom ROM if that makes any sense. Since I'm kinda new to this rooting stuff I just need a point in direction.
                  A factory reset is the same as wiping data and cache... that's all it does... it wipes data and then cache.

It doesn't touch the system partition, because the system partition is assumed to be read only and unchangeable.

The only way to wipe the internal SD (without a custom recovery or PC tool) is to boot android and go to settings, backup & restore, and do a factory reset with the erase sd card option checked.

If you want to do anything else, you'll have to either use a PC flashing tool or reflash the whole ROM.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Ah ok, thought that Titanium Backup actually screwed something on the system partition but since it's read only memory that wouldn't make sense.

Comment

Ah ok, thought that Titanium Backup actually screwed something on the system partition but since it's read only memory that wouldn't make sense.
                      System is read only on a stock unrooted ROM... but not on a rooted ROM...
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

So there is a slight chance that Titanium Backup probably did screw something up on the system partition rom due to it being rooted.

Comment

So there is a slight chance that Titanium Backup probably did screw something up on the system partition rom due to it being rooted.
                          Possibly... I haven't used Titanium Backup in a long time, but as I recall it has some powerful features that require careful use... could be problems caused by any other root apps you might have too...

I'm guessing you haven't intentionally screwed around with around on the system partition.

Luckily, if all else fails, you can easily reflash a ROM and start over.

Even you somehow screw it up to the point that you can't boot into recovery mode, you can still reflash it from a PC.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Looks like the issue corrected itself while charging. Probably still has that random shutdown at 30% battery glitch but that all depends on Google.

Comment

Well installed it

Well I got it installed on her tablet and I am still having the Laucher3 problem with not keeping her app icons on the screen. Maybe I should do a factory restore and see if that helps since I installed your kitkat ShaunMT?

Comment

Originally posted by kyuketzu View Post
                                Well I got it installed on her tablet and I am still having the Laucher3 problem with not keeping her app icons on the screen. Maybe I should do a factory restore and see if that helps since I installed your kitkat ShaunMT?
                                Either that or wipe cache... settings, (like homescreen icons) should be stored in cache...
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X