Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyuketzu View Post
    Well I got it installed on her tablet and I am still having the Laucher3 problem with not keeping her app icons on the screen. Maybe I should do a factory restore and see if that helps since I installed your kitkat ShaunMT?
    Update wont fix it. I still have that issue even using a launcher other than stock launcher..i have to restore frm a backup nearly everytime i restart.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman9871 View Post
      Update wont fix it. I still have that issue even using a launcher other than stock launcher..i have to restore frm a backup nearly everytime i restart.
      Are you guys running in dalvik runtime or art runtime?

I haven't noticed this issue, but then I haven't had much time to play with my tablet because I'm constantly reflashing it...

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
        Are you guys running in dalvik runtime or art runtime?

I haven't noticed this issue, but then I haven't had much time to play with my tablet because I'm constantly reflashing it...

ShaunMT
        Dalvik
        I dont know how to change it to ART....lol

Comment

Dalvik
          I dont know how to change it to ART....lol
          Well don't bother... reason I asked is because a lot of apps don't support ART yet...

Are all apps affected or just certain apps?

Has anyone tried uninstalling the affected apps and reinstalling them or wiping data or factory reset and then resinstalling the apps?

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Well don't bother... reason I asked is because a lot of apps don't support ART yet...

Are all apps affected or just certain apps?

Has anyone tried uninstalling the affected apps and reinstalling them or wiping data or factory reset and then resinstalling the apps?

ShaunMT
            For me it seems to be mostly user installed apps and ive wiped data and done factory reset and reinstall, reboot and bam!! their icons are not only missing but it shows them as not installed but but when reinstall all the settings etc are just as they were..i dont get it

Comment

For me it seems to be mostly user installed apps and ive wiped data and done factory reset and reinstall, reboot and bam!! their icons are not only missing but it shows them as not installed but but when reinstall all the settings etc are just as they were..i dont get it
              I've had that problem with certain apps, but not on this tablet... not sure what causes it...
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I've had that problem with certain apps, but not on this tablet... not sure what causes it...
                I sure wish you could find an answer, that and the battery issue is driving me crazy.

Comment

I sure wish you could find an answer, that and the battery issue is driving me crazy.
                  Is it only affecting apps that are stored (or partially stored) on the internal SD card?
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Is it only affecting apps that are stored (or partially stored) on the internal SD card?
                    What do you mean partially stored? Is there a way to fix this?

Comment

It seems to be, but still even if i move them fully to internal storage, it never happens the same way twice, sometimes they all load then the next time none load

Comment

It seems to be, but still even if i move them fully to internal storage, it never happens the same way twice, sometimes they all load then the next time none load
                        When you reinstall one of the affected apps, open settings, apps, find the app, click on it and look at its storage usage...

Application developers code their apps to install in data or sdcard by default and some can be moved back and forth...

I'm wondering if your disappearing apps are being caused by a corrupted internal sdcard partition or if the launcher is scanning the internal sdcard for apps before the internal sdcard partition is ready for use.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

When you reinstall one of the affected apps, open settings, apps, find the app, click on it and look at its storage usage...

Application developers code their apps to install in data or sdcard by default and some can be moved back and forth...

I'm wondering if your disappearing apps are being caused by a corrupted internal sdcard partition or if the launcher is scanning the internal sdcard for apps before the internal sdcard partition is ready for use.

ShaunMT
                          Beats me...lol

Comment

Beats me...lol
                            beats me as well

Comment

Originally posted by kyuketzu View Post
                              beats me as well

Awwww come on now, your the expert, our go to guy, you da man....you can figure this out....

Comment

Awwww come on now, your the expert, our go to guy, you da man....you can figure this out....
                                Im not ShaunMT

Comment

Working...
                                X