Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
    So do you think cm11 will come to this device?
    There is a decent chance of it... eventually...
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Hmm you mentioned before you had a nexus right

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
        Hmm you mentioned before you had a nexus right
        No... I don't personally own a Nexus...
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Darn. What other device uses rockchip

Comment

I used ShaunMT's update.img with no issues. No need to factory reset, internalSD working just fine. Thank you very much. I'm sure when you have a ROM that expands the system partition to 2gb that you'll let us all know! Thats the issue that really drives me crazy. Or maybe there's an easy way to symlink the apps directory to internal or external SD?

Comment

Originally posted by nalf38 View Post
              I used ShaunMT's update.img with no issues. No need to factory reset, internalSD working just fine. Thank you very much. I'm sure when you have a ROM that expands the system partition to 2gb that you'll let us all know! Thats the issue that really drives me crazy. Or maybe there's an easy way to symlink the apps directory to internal or external SD?
              Glad the install went well!

I'm hoping to have ROMs with different size /data and /sdcard partitions ready soon, but I won't release them until they are as easy to install as the current one. Right now, they require a triple reboot to reformat the /data, /cache and /sdcard partitions because the stock recovery doesn't seem to work correctly, and I don't want to deal with support questions that would lead to.

I guess the good news right now, is that you guys will probably get TWRP recovery and new ROMs with different options for data /sdcard sizes at the same time.

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

you're a god!

thank you so much!

will wait of the updates....

by any chance, do you have a stock 4.2.2 image file? can you post it here?

again, thanks!

salute!

Comment

ShaunMT or anyone coupe questions hopefully not stupid..... Have read thouroghly and either have missed it or am having brain fart..

I already have CWM and OMA's 4.2.2 flashed on my nextbook... have i previously downloaded the update.img file from nextbooks and am currently downloading yours but when i tried to put the img file on my sdcard and selected yes to update... it rebooted into cwm recovery and couldn't do anything. I guess one question is how to get back to stock rrecovery and if not how to flashh the img file then...

Also my nextbook turns off when not plugged in while using it randomly whether it says it is 99% charged or 30%. Doesn't matter.... Have i done something to it by flashing it before.. its only 3 months old...

Sorry if questions are repeated or dumb...

Thanks for all hard work and answers....

P.S. Also does anyone have the original 4.2.2 stock rom to go back too?

Comment

I already have CWM and OMA's 4.2.2 flashed on my nextbook... have i previously downloaded the update.img file from nextbooks and am currently downloading yours but when i tried to put the img file on my sdcard and selected yes to update... it rebooted into cwm recovery and couldn't do anything. I guess one question is how to get back to stock rrecovery and if not how to flashh the img file then..
                    Neither CWM nor TWRP recovery currently support rockchip style update.img files. They only support the more common update.zip files (which don't support all the rockchip firmware parts).

The only way I know of currently to revert from CWM or TWRP back to stock recovery, is to extract the stock recovery from a stock based update.img, and flash it directly to the recovery partition using one of the PC rockchip flashing tools. There are several different versions of tools for extracting a rockchip update.img and flashing rockchip partitions. If you want to learn how to do this, you'll have to do your own research.

Eventually, when I release my own version of TWRP, it will either include a feature to flash rockchip style update.img firmware files, or I'll release an update.zip that only flashes the stock recovery.

Also my nextbook turns off when not plugged in while using it randomly whether it says it is 99% charged or 30%. Doesn't matter.... Have i done something to it by flashing it before.. its only 3 months old...
                    This problem has been reported repeatedly... unfortunately it seems to be caused by a bug in Google's Android source code that causes incorrect battery level readings on some devices, including the Google Nexus 7 as well as the Nextbook NX785QC8G.

When the tablet dies, the battery really is at zero %. These batteries are never supposed to discharged below 5 or 10%, but the low battery warning and low battery shutdown never appear because the battery % reported by the system is wrong. The tablet just keeps chugging along until the battery runs out completely.

I am doubtful that this will ever be fixed. There are really only two chances for a fix here... either Google fixes it in their Android source AND Nextbook provides another update (don't count on both of these conditions being met), or one of the custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod, Paranoid Android or OmniRom have a fix for it (i don't know if any of them do or not) and we get it compiled successfully for our tablets.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Found another bug...I think

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                      Neither CWM nor TWRP recovery currently support rockchip style update.img files. They only support the more common update.zip files (which don't support all the rockchip firmware parts).

The only way I know of currently to revert from CWM or TWRP back to stock recovery, is to extract the stock recovery from a stock based update.img, and flash it directly to the recovery partition using one of the PC rockchip flashing tools. There are several different versions of tools for extracting a rockchip update.img and flashing rockchip partitions. If you want to learn how to do this, you'll have to do your own research.

Eventually, when I release my own version of TWRP, it will either include a feature to flash rockchip style update.img firmware files, or I'll release an update.zip that only flashes the stock recovery.

This problem has been reported repeatedly... unfortunately it seems to be caused by a bug in Google's Android source code that causes incorrect battery level readings on some devices, including the Google Nexus 7 as well as the Nextbook NX785QC8G.

When the tablet dies, the battery really is at zero %. These batteries are never supposed to discharged below 5 or 10%, but the low battery warning and low battery shutdown never appear because the battery % reported by the system is wrong. The tablet just keeps chugging along until the battery runs out completely.

I am doubtful that this will ever be fixed. There are really only two chances for a fix here... either Google fixes it in their Android source AND Nextbook provides another update (don't count on both of these conditions being met), or one of the custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod, Paranoid Android or OmniRom have a fix for it (i don't know if any of them do or not) and we get it compiled successfully for our tablets.

ShaunMT

I just noticed that if I'm trying to upload a photo and there is a button to click to choose photo, instead of it opening gallery or where ever so the photo can be choosen, it does nothing.....dont know if this is a website issue or tablet, but I ssem to recall it working before.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman9871 View Post
                        I just noticed that if I'm trying to upload a photo and there is a button to click to choose photo, instead of it opening gallery or where ever so the photo can be choosen, it does nothing.....dont know if this is a website issue or tablet, but I ssem to recall it working before.
                        I've never tried that... what browser / app are you using and what website?
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

shaunmt.. but how to flash ur img file when i already have cwm recovery installed?

and thanks for your other answers... i will do some research on that but basically ur saying i could extract the stock recovery from nextbooks img file to summarize.... will look into....

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                            I've never tried that... what browser / app are you using and what website?
                            Just using the stock browser. It appears it happens on many sites. One I use often is chathour.com it happens there

Comment

Originally posted by starzman1701 View Post
                              shaunmt.. but how to flash ur img file when i already have cwm recovery installed?

and thanks for your other answers... i will do some research on that but basically ur saying i could extract the stock recovery from nextbooks img file to summarize.... will look into....

thank you
                              Currently, my ROM, as well as the stock ROM, require either stock recovery, or a PC flash tool to install.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman9871 View Post
                                Just using the stock browser. It appears it happens on many sites. One I use often is chathour.com it happens there
                                It appears to be a problem with the stock AOSP browser... I tested Facebook...

Doesn't work with Browser...

Works with Chrome...

Probably works with Dolphin too, but I didn't download it to test.

ShsunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X