Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help please with this Nextbook 700T tablet

Hi and thanks in advance for any help

Long story short, I just happened to playing with my 7 year old sons tablet when it froze, I then powered it off, turned it back on and it got stuck on the 3rd screen with the finger pointing to a sunflower and a loading circle, it won't load any further.

All I was doing at the time before it froze was, making the screen look prettier (because I didn't like how he had games everywhere etc) I put apps into folders and named them. I also downloaded and installed what's app messenger, a mp3 player and I think that was about it. (It's been almost a month so probably missed some stuff out)

I have tried the following:

- recovery mode, wipe data/factory reset ....
    - recovery mode, wipe cache partition, wipe data/factory reset...
    Doesn't work

I've googled and downloaded roms to the sd card and tried to install from sd card, but keep getting installation aborted.

I took the cover off and found this M7000ND sticker on the thing (i don't know whether it's the battery or hard drive thing). So I googled that and tried the suggestions given, but yeah, nothing.

I've lay buyed another tablet for my son for christmas, but that's a while away, and the look on his face when I told him I'd done something to it and it's not working anymore... mmm, if your a parent, that feeling of guilt is not cool. (He just walked in and asked if I'd fixed it yet )

Any help would just be awesome.

I don't think it was rooted either if that is of any help. Also, when I hook it up to the laptop it shows up as M3-Chip. I seen that on another post and thought I'd that in. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but yeah.

Thanks.

So it turns out I had rooted earlier, I had installed a game killer tool which needed it to be rooted. Umm, I followed ShaunMT's stuff here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...wnload-Thread) and here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...961#post174961 and somehow, I don't know how it happened, but the TWRP thing is showing now. Soo, I'm slowly getting there

Comment

oh noo I flashed the wrong rom, now it's not turning on, hooked up to laptop and looking in device manager, it now shows up as unknown device ... gee I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by Skoobz View Post
        oh noo I flashed the wrong rom, now it's not turning on, hooked up to laptop and looking in device manager, it now shows up as unknown device ... gee I don't know
        If you flashed the wrong ROM... and it won't turn on now, either the bootloader is wrong for your tablet or the graphic drivers are... either way, you'll need a special Amlogic bootanle "Rescue" SD card to fix it...

I will add making an unbrick kit to my to do list... not sure when I will be able to get to it though...

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

:-)

Thank you Shaun. I've given up for now, while the school holidays are on. If you could do that for me, that would just be awesome. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X