Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which rom to flash : SN : YF07xxxxxx?

Hi,

One of my friends has a Nextbook (NEXT7P12) tablet. SN is YF071223828 and it has ics, capacitive touch screen.

Currently this tablet doesn't boot correctly (boot loop) , my friend is not very techy guy , so he asked me for help , and it seems that we should restore this tablet to original state.

I read the unbrick guide ,but in nextbook download page only available roms are for YF10xxxxx & YF09xxxxx SNs.

Which one of these roms are suitable for this tablet? SN : YF07xxxxx

any suggestions would be appreciated!

YF0712...

The first 4 digits after YF are a date code, so this tablet is 07, 2012. The earliest tablets, dated 08, 2011 (i.e. YF0811... ) had something different in the wifi. My tablet is YF0511 ... and I can run the ICS rom, but my wifi is not working. However, as your tablet is quite recent, these roms should work on your tablet. YF1011 should work on anything later. There are also here on this site Finless Bob's v1.2 rooted ICS roms for the Next7P1N, and Next7P12 SE as well as other custom & rooted roms. Just avoid the roms for 0811 or 0911 and you should be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by crackitopen View Post
      The first 4 digits after YF are a date code, so this tablet is 07, 2012. The earliest tablets, dated 08, 2011 (i.e. YF0811... ) had something different in the wifi. My tablet is YF0511 ... and I can run the ICS rom, but my wifi is not working. However, as your tablet is quite recent, these roms should work on your tablet. YF1011 should work on anything later. There are also here on this site Finless Bob's v1.2 rooted ICS roms for the Next7P1N, and Next7P12 SE as well as other custom & rooted roms. Just avoid the roms for 0811 or 0911 and you should be OK.
      Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I give it a try with YF1011xxxxx Rom tonight.

Hopefully it'll be OK.

Comment

Hi,

another problem : after downloading the rom & rockchip batch tool , i tried to boot the tablet to recovery mode (the mode that rk tool detects tablet) , by holding the reset after connecting it to usb, but nothing happens! computer detects nothing and doesn't show anything. i tried holding reset and inserting usb after that, but again nothing happens.(waited around 30 seconds each time). tried it both methods several times but nothing happens!

This tablet also has hard key power & volume up/down keys. does this make any difference? any other key combination?

Comment

Did you install drivers for your OS?
          Going under the assumption that you are using Windows,
          the drivers are in the kit you downloaded.
          Just install the one for your version.

kuazar
          "Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."- Morpheus
          nextbook7 #0811 with heavily modded finless 1.4
          huawei activa4g rooted, cwm, mihome

Comment

Originally posted by kuazar View Post
            Did you install drivers for your OS?
            Going under the assumption that you are using Windows,
            the drivers are in the kit you downloaded.
            Just install the one for your version.

kuazar
            Hi,

The problem is windows doesn't detect this tablet at all! I don't hear the beep sound when i connect it to usb and windows doesn't do anything at all and no new hardware prompt or something like that, so nothing is there to install driver.

Comment

So you tried installing the driver?
              "Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."- Morpheus
              nextbook7 #0811 with heavily modded finless 1.4
              huawei activa4g rooted, cwm, mihome

Comment

Originally posted by kuazar View Post
                So you tried installing the driver?
                For What hardware? Windows doesn't detect it at all, so there is no new hardware to install the driver! First windows must detect a hardware , after that i can install the driver manually or windows install it automatically.

Comment

the reset hole ...

When the tablet is on, and connected by USB cable to your PC, stick a paper clip into the reset hole and press the little button inside for about 2 seconds. When you release the button, the tablet should be in the "upgrade" mode, and at that time, you should get the "new device found" on your PC. and you should be able to point it to the driver.

Speaking from my own experience, I have had some problems getting this to work on Windows 7, but I have an old xp machine that I've had more success with. If you have another computer available, or a friend's computer, maybe even just try a different USB cable.

Hope this is somewhat helpful, and wish you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by crackitopen View Post
                    When the tablet is on, and connected by USB cable to your PC, stick a paper clip into the reset hole and press the little button inside for about 2 seconds. When you release the button, the tablet should be in the "upgrade" mode, and at that time, you should get the "new device found" on your PC. and you should be able to point it to the driver.

Speaking from my own experience, I have had some problems getting this to work on Windows 7, but I have an old xp machine that I've had more success with. If you have another computer available, or a friend's computer, maybe even just try a different USB cable.

Hope this is somewhat helpful, and wish you luck.
                    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The main problem is that i do this process but nothing happens. (even hold that reset button for more than a minute!).

I tried it more than 20 times on my Desktop with Win7. I have an old laptop with winXP, i'll try it tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X