Battery issue on my NX785QC8G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery issue on my NX785QC8G

I have been having a issue with my wife and I's tablet with it shutting off when it gets to around 50 percent. I thought it might be the image from the factory getting glitches cause I was also having launcher3 problems. So I install ShaunMT rom instead and low and behold at one point I checked it had 52 % battery and then a few minutes later I went to check it and it was off again. It wouldnt come on it would show ShaunMT's android image but then going to the battery monitor and have to wait a while on the charger before it will fire back up. When I came in and check iut it said it was at 47 percent charging after getting it to come back on. It's so messed up I would like some help getting this crap to stop. I hope I dont have to get a new battery for it after it only being like 4-5 months old. Stupid nextbook won't do anything cause we couldn't find the receipt.

Edit: In the process of writing this it jumped from 47% battery to 75%.

Well to answer my self I went a head did some more research and opened the tablet. I reseated the battery cable . Wow Do they not know how to put something in all the way at the company. I mean it felt like it was snug in there when trying to take out the cable. But when I pushed it back it it went in a bit further than what it was when I unhooked it.

Originally posted by kyuketzu View Post
    I have been having a issue with my wife and I's tablet with it shutting off when it gets to around 50 percent. I thought it might be the image from the factory getting glitches cause I was also having launcher3 problems. So I install ShaunMT rom instead and low and behold at one point I checked it had 52 % battery and then a few minutes later I went to check it and it was off again. It wouldnt come on it would show ShaunMT's android image but then going to the battery monitor and have to wait a while on the charger before it will fire back up. When I came in and check iut it said it was at 47 percent charging after getting it to come back on. It's so messed up I would like some help getting this crap to stop. I hope I dont have to get a new battery for it after it only being like 4-5 months old. Stupid nextbook won't do anything cause we couldn't find the receipt.

Comment

Well to answer my self I went a head did some more research and opened the tablet. I reseated the battery cable . Wow Do they not know how to put something in all the way at the company. I mean it felt like it was snug in there when trying to take out the cable. But when I pushed it back it it went in a bit further than what it was when I unhooked it.
      This is a known issue that has been discussed quite a bit here in the forums...

Take a closer look...

I think you will find that the problem is that the battery is glued down too far from the board and the cable is stretched too tightly across the gap between the battery and the board... if squeeze the tablet in just the right spot, the cable gets pushed into the gap between the battery and the board and because it doesn't have any slack in it, the plug gets pulled part way out of the socket...

Suggested fixes include:
      • adding some sort of scrap plastic to fill the gap between the battery and board so the cable can't be pushed into the gap. (has worked well, but not perfectly me)
      • Gluing the plug into the connector (I've considered this, but I don't know anyone who as tried it...)

• moving the battery closer to the board to put some slack in the cable (this would be the ideal solution, but difficult to do without damaging the battery or the LCD that it is glued to... I don't know of anyone trying...)

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I am having this same issue all of a sudden. How did you get tablet apart? Has your battery been ok since messing with the battery cable? I'd rather not take the tablet apart if it proves difficult. I'll just take this damn thing back, or buy a new one and replace this in that box and return...Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mjatmjatmjat View Post
          I am having this same issue all of a sudden. How did you get tablet apart? Has your battery been ok since messing with the battery cable? I'd rather not take the tablet apart if it proves difficult. I'll just take this damn thing back, or buy a new one and replace this in that box and return...Any help is appreciated.
          The entire back of the tablet comes off... you have to wedge something in between the front bezel and back cover and work it around to pop all the tabs holding on...

The front bezel is VERY thin plastic and easy to bend or seperate the edge band from... I wouldn't recommend using any type of prying tool... I used my thumbnail to get mine off. It was very difficult the first time, but easier each time after...

Also beware, the rear speaker is attached to the rear cover. Be careful not to break the speaker wires. I had to resolder mine back to the main board.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Having issues again with it

I am having issues with it giving me the wrong battery percentage. I mean I have had it say it was at 76% then shut off on me no warning. What should I do?

Comment

I am having issues with it giving me the wrong battery percentage. I mean I have had it say it was at 76% then shut off on me no warning. What should I do?
              Open it...

Inspect the battery & cable...

Correct any problems found...

How? Read the posts above yours... This has also been discussed in other threads. If you need more info, try searching the forums.

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone is still around on this thread, but I have a question.

I purchased the tablet several months ago and really enjoyed it, all but the limited app space. While doing some research I came across the ROM developed by shaunmt(PROPS). I lurked these forums for a few days then decided to flash the tablet with his 4GB partition scheme and his ROM.

The issue I have with this:
                1. After flashing the 4GB partition table and the ROM everything worked great, until the battery died, or the tablet was turned off. Each of these scenarios required a reflash of the ROM. After each reflash the tablet worked great again. Repeated this process 3 times each time carefully following the instructions.
                2. After the 3rd reflash the tablet has completely stopped responding to any human input. The only response I can get from the device is that the red charging light comes on when plugged in.

I assumed my issue was the battery as stated in this thread so I took the thing apart and determined that the battery wasn't an issue as it was seated properly. I also re-seated it just to make sure.

Here is where I stand.
                * No connection to USB.
                * No button combination does anything.
                * The charge light never turns yellow.
                * I'm lost! (help!?)

Is the thing a paperweight now or is there some fancy trick I don't know about that can help me salvage this thing and figure out what is going on?

Thank you all! Especially ShaunMT! Great work!

Joshua

Comment

I'm sure the issue involves your battery.

I would suggest doing all of the following, in order:

1. Unplug the battery and then plug it back in firmly.
                  2. Allow the powered down device to charge for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour.
                  3. Boot into TWRP by holding power and volume, check the battery level at the top of the TWRP screen. (You may have to wait a bit for the battery level to appear.)
                  4. Reboot into Android, after verifying that the battery level is above 20%. (The higher the better).

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                  X