Launcher Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launcher Question

I have the nextbook NX785QC8G with shaunmt's rooted kitkat rom. Many of the users of this model experience the problem of apps being uninstalled each time the device is shutdown and restarted. Then a restore from a backup has to be done, I use titanium backup, which I converted to a system app so it doesnt get uninstalled, to put the missing apps back.

Your probably wondering what all that has to do with a laincher question....right?......right

Some of these issues go away if you use something than the stock launcher...so my question is this...can you have 2 launchers as system apps so that you get an immediate choice of which to use after the boot up?

I use nova launcher and if I can switch to that as soon as I boot up it restores my desktop icons and sometimes seems to stop the apps from disappearing.

I'm going to throw another question out while I'm here.

I think I know what is causing the apps to be uninstalled and have an easy fix for some instances.

It appears to me after testing that something in the data of the download manager, play store, google play services and google services framework is causing the apps to be uninstalled on every restart.

I tested this thoroughly and if you go into settings-apps-all and delete the data and clear the cache and force stop the apps above before the tablet is restarted your apps will not be uninstalled.

I do not know why these apps are csusing the issue or why doing the above action seems to prevent it from happening. I just know its a pain in the neck to have to restore everytime, that is why I am hoping my launcher question can be answered as well as maybe someone can shed more light on this issue and maybe come up with a better fix.

Thanks All

Kelley

I'm using nova launcher too... froze the stock launcher and use nova exclusively. have not experienced this problem at all using nova.

Comment

Originally posted by cpshelley View Post
      I'm using nova launcher too... froze the stock launcher and use nova exclusively. have not experienced this problem at all using nova.
      Problem is if I freeze the stock then the apps get uninstalled, including nova, then I dont have a launcher at startup, been there, no fun to fix...thats why I want to install Nova as a system app then it wont get deleted.

Nova worked fine for me to on dissapearing home screen apps but im talking about the app drawer. Did you experience problems with them being uninstalled on every restart?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman9871 View Post
        Problem is if I freeze the stock then the apps get uninstalled, including nova, then I dont have a launcher at startup, been there, no fun to fix...thats why I want to install Nova as a system app then it wont get deleted.

Nova worked fine for me to on dissapearing home screen apps but im talking about the app drawer. Did you experience problems with them being uninstalled on every restart?
        no I haven't had at problem. but I got rid of the stock launcher first thing, so maybe those problems never happened for me...

Comment

Working...
        X