Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's TWRP Recovery For The Nextbook NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got to say thanks for this. After installing twrp my battery seems to be reporting correctly. I don't know why or how, but I'm grateful. Finally i get an alert instead of just random shutdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile1975 View Post
      I've got to say thanks for this. After installing twrp my battery seems to be reporting correctly. I don't know why or how, but I'm grateful. Finally i get an alert instead of just random shutdowns.
      I think that is just a coincidence, but I'm happy for you!

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Shaun,

Whats the latest on the patches?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman9871 View Post
          Shaun,

Whats the latest on the patches?
          They are done. They are tested. They work great. I just need to get them released.

I was going to release them the other day, but then decided to wait just a little longer until I get a chance to repack my ROM in a TWRP flashable update.zip, just in case anyone experiences any problems and needs to reflash without using a PC or reverting to stock recovery.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
            They are done. They are tested. They work great. I just need to get them released.

I was going to release them the other day, but then decided to wait just a little longer until I get a chance to repack my ROM in a TWRP flashable update.zip, just in case anyone experiences any problems and needs to reflash without using a PC or reverting to stock recovery.

ShaunMT
            Thanks. Flashable TWRP zip is the way Im looking to go.

Comment

Parameter Patches Released for Nextbook NX785QC8G

ShaunMT-s-Parameter-Patches-for-Nextbook-NX785QC8G-(Download-Thread)
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Outstanding!!!

Install went as smooth as a babys butt!!

Comment

Last night I re-installed your ROM, I then installed TWRP, and the 4GB parameter patch. I installed all my apps and so far everything works great. Thank you for making this table more usable. I look forward to using this tablet for what I originally intended and not just an internet machine.

Comment

Begineer here...How do I know if it worked?

Sorry everyone for the beginner questions. So I previously rooted this tablet using ShaunMT's ROM. I also followed his instructions for TWRP installation (I'll google it and see what the heck that is) from stock recovery. My question is how do I know it worked? I believe this will allow me to backup the device, correct? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

Originally posted by mjatmjatmjat View Post
                      Sorry everyone for the beginner questions. So I previously rooted this tablet using ShaunMT's ROM. I also followed his instructions for TWRP installation (I'll google it and see what the heck that is) from stock recovery. My question is how do I know it worked? I believe this will allow me to backup the device, correct? Thanks for any help you can provide.
                      Also...Is there supposed to be a TWRP icon or something to be able to get into it??

Comment

reboot into recovery mode to use it. power off your tablet then hold power + vol up to boot into recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by cpshelley View Post
                          reboot into recovery mode to use it. power off your tablet then hold power + vol up to boot into recovery.

THANKS. Got it. Now I need to do some research online to find out what I can do with TWRP...

Comment

Originally posted by mjatmjatmjat View Post
                            THANKS. Got it. Now I need to do some research online to find out what I can do with TWRP...
                            Thanks for helping this guy out...

To start with, you can use TWRP to do a full backup of your firmware...

Then you can use it to install the parameter patch that you asked about in the other thread.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Man I'm one confused puppy right now (and I've been reading). I have the NX785QC8G that must be an older one (even though I just bought it from Walmart) cause it's running Jellybean 4.2 and I see now the new ones are running KitKat 4.4.

So what I want to do is this.

Update to KitKat
                              Root Device
                              Do the 2 Gig partition thing.

From what I gathered, if I got this right, I needed (which I have downloaded):

SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-KK_4_4_2_052714-ZIP.zip
                              SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-Flash_Params_2gb.zip
                              SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-TWRP_Recovery.zip

If those are indeed what I need, I'm confused about which order do I install those?

Another confusion is it says to make sure all those different entries on my tablet check out to make sure my tablet is the right one;

ro.product.model=NX785QC8G
                              ro.product.name=M865FD
                              ro.product.device=NXM865FD
                              ro.build.product=NXM865FD_WMDE
                              ro.build.description=NXM865FD_WMDE-user 4.4.2 KOT49H V2.0.9 release-keys
                              ro.build.fingerprint=Nextbook/M865FD/NXM865FD:4.4.2/KOT49H/V2.0.9:user/release-keys ro.product.usbfactory-NX785QC8G

and to use a build.prop editor app to view these. When I look at the play store, all those apps I see require root and I'm not rooted yet (reading this while rubbing finger rapidly up and down lips) so how do I see that info?

A little guidance in all this would REALLY be appreciated so this root newbie can geterdone. I've already taken a couple of aspirin that helped the headache but didn't do shit to relieve the confusion.

I feel like listening to Led Zeppelin's Dazed and Confused right now.

Last edited by Mike89; 12-14-2014, 06:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
                                Man I'm one confused puppy. I have the NX785QC8G that must be an older one (even though I just bought it from Walmart) cause it's running Jellybean 4.2 and I see now the new ones are running KitKat 4.4.

So what I want to do is this.

Update to KitKat
                                Root Device
                                Do the 2 Gig partition thing.

From what I gathered, if I got this right, I needed (which I have downloaded):

SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-KK_4_4_2_052714-ZIP.zip
                                SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-Flash_Params_2gb.zip
                                SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-TWRP_Recovery.zip

If those are indeed what I need, I'm confused about is which order do I install those?

Another confusion is it says to make sure all those different entries on my tablet check out to make sure my tablet is the right one;

ro.product.model=NX785QC8G
                                ro.product.name=M865FD
                                ro.product.device=NXM865FD
                                ro.build.product=NXM865FD_WMDE
                                ro.build.description=NXM865FD_WMDE-user 4.4.2 KOT49H V2.0.9 release-keys
                                ro.build.fingerprint=Nextbook/M865FD/NXM865FD:4.4.2/KOT49H/V2.0.9:user/release-keys ro.product.usbfactory-NX785QC8G

and to use a build.prop editor app to view these. When I look at the play store, all those apps I see require root and I'm not rooted yet (reading this while rubbing finger rapidly up and down lips) so how do I see that info?

A little guidance in all this would REALLY be appreciated. I've already taken a couple of aspirin that helped the headache but it didn't help relieve the confusion.

I feel like listening to Led Zeppelin's Dazed and Confused right now.

You only need root to EDIT a build.prop file... you can READ the build.prop file without root...

I would suggest flashing TWRP first, then using it to flash the other files...

It doesn't really matter whether you flash the ROM or the Parameter patch first if you use the TWRP versions, but I would suggest flashing the patch first, then the ROM... if the patch fails to restore your current system for reason, the ROM will fix it...

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X