Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's TWRP Recovery For The Nextbook NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK checked those entries and all match except for 2. Those two entries are

ro.build.description=NXM865FD_WMDE-user 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.root.20140613.173413 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=Nextbook/M865FD/NXM865FD:4.2.2/JDQ39/V2.0.3:user/release-keys

Comment

If I'm still good to go, another question from these instructions for the first install.

From TWRP/CWM etc:
      1. Verify compatibility as indicated above.
      2. Download this file:
      SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-TWRP_Recovery.zip
      3. Put the unopened .zip file on your external SD card.
      4. Flash using TWRP/CWM recovery.

Number 4. How do I use TWRP when that's what I'm putting on? What am I missing or is that not the right file for step 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
        OK checked those entries and all match except for 2. Those two entries are

ro.build.description=NXM865FD_WMDE-user 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.root.20140613.173413 release-keys
        ro.build.fingerprint=Nextbook/M865FD/NXM865FD:4.2.2/JDQ39/V2.0.3:user/release-keys
        Only hardware info (the red part) needs to match... the rest is the Android version, build date, and other build info...
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
          If I'm still good to go, another question from these instructions for the first install.

From TWRP/CWM etc:
          1. Verify compatibility as indicated above.
          2. Download this file:
          SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-TWRP_Recovery.zip
          3. Put the unopened .zip file on your external SD card.
          4. Flash using TWRP/CWM recovery.

Number 4. How do I use TWRP when that's what I'm putting on? What am I missing or is that not the right file for step 1?
          Those instructions are for people who already have a custom recovery but want to reflash mine...

You want to follow the instructions to install TWRP from stock recovery and use the .img file for TWRP.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Well got it up and running but it was not a smooth process. First I unizipped over the "update.img" from SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-TWRP_rkimage.zip to my external SD card. As soon as I unplugged the USB cable from computer I immediately got the message on the tablet to flash over the update. I clicked yes and when it was done it said it Failed. I then figured I would try it again by turning off the Tablet and turning back on with power button and Volume + and then running it again from there. When I did that, to my surprise the TWRP program popped up installed. Dunno what that was all about.

I then copied over both SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-Flash_Params_4gb.zip and SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-KK_4_4_2_052714-ZIP.zip to external SD. I went back into TWRP and clicked Install and navigated to SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-KK_4_4_2_052714-ZIP.zip and ran it. The process went fine until reboot. It hung at the Nexbook image (which started out flashing and then just froze). Had to turn off-turn on multiple times before it finally went to the update part.updated. Set up my new Kitkat and then turned off and back to TWRP to install SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-Flash_Params_4gb.zip. During this process I saw all kinds of failed to read this and that and when it got done is just sat there. I went to the reboot screen and after clicking it, got a "are you sure, no OS installed' message. Blew me away a bit there. I didn't know what to do at that point so I installed the Kitkat rom again. Had the same results booting as before requiring multiple reboots to get it up and running again. Went into settings and low and behold the 4 gig partition was all set up!

Whew this process threw me some curve balls. I'm now testing and installing stuff and so far everything is running really well.
            Last edited by Mike89; 12-14-2014, 23:17.

Comment

You wouldnt happen to have a complete 4.4.2 for twrp. I have twrp runnung but it says that there is no os loaded...

Comment

Originally posted by jrubin View Post
                You wouldnt happen to have a complete 4.4.2 for twrp. I have twrp runnung but it says that there is no os loaded...
                Look on shaunmt's ROM download page. There are two versions you can install, one for stock recovery and one for TWRP recovery.

Comment

So..... ill ask again.....

I need a COMPLETE 4.4.2 for TWRP. The 4 gig mod erased my system partition and the nextbook is empty. All I have it TWRP.........

Comment

ShaunMT's TWRP Recovery For The Nextbook NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE (Support Thread)

I need a COMPLETE 4.4.2 for TWRP. The 4 gig mod erased my system partition and the nextbook is empty. All I have it TWRP.........
                    As stated above, check the ROM thread for this tablet, download the twrp version, and install it.

Comment

There is a TWRP flashable ROM in the original post on the download page for your model. It does contain the System partition (it wouldn't be a ROM without a system partition).

It is not a COMPLETE firmware... it does not include a parameter file/partition, bootloader, or other unmodified parts...

It WILL reflash your system partition, which should solve your current issue.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Ill give it a go. My apploigies, these multipage multithreads are becomming quite confusing... ill report back when its downloaded.....

j

Comment

I keep getting E: Unable to mount /system

Comment

I keep getting E: Unable to mount /system

Try doing a an advanced wipe on system (which will reformat the partition).

Then flash again.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

It keeps looking for a file called System_Restore.zip

Comment

If you take the time to read the thread you'd know many of us, myself included, had the same issue as you and we solved it by installing the TWRP version of the shaunmt's ROM that he has on the ROM download page, like I mentioned in my last post.

Comment

Working...
                                X