Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's TWRP Recovery For The Nextbook NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    Try doing a an advanced wipe on system (which will reformat the partition).

Then flash again.

ShaunMT
    Shaun,

I did the advanced wipe and reflash as we talked about earlier, no soap, goes to the nextbook powered by android screen for about 2 seconds then black screen.
    Just thought you might want to know.

Comment

Thats the problem.......

My migration path was the stock (I believe 4.4.0)
      then ShaunMT's 4.4.2 rooted

Just like most everybody else did

From here if this were the migration path to TWRP with a 4 gig option for program storage, It would have been much easier to follow from a web page than dredging through multiple pages in posts following multiple threads.

I did use his TWRP method, however as there was no standard as to which program would evoke the installation, i pulled one off of the app store, the name escapes me.

This left me with TWRP installed so I know I was safe, but required the exact filename for whatever reason.

I renamed shauns 4.4.2 recovery to the filename it asked for and it restored the system and booted.

I see an internal storage of 3.94gb.

I also see super SU. I noticed VUDU is installed by default, I forgot the program that I had to remove unnecessary software, i have to find it...

Comment

Stock is 4.2.2 or 4.4.2 depending on when you bought it and whether you updated to the official 4.4.2. shaunmt's ROM is based off the official 4.4.2.

Comment

Yes, I had initially did the factory upgrade, and then moved to shuns 4.4.2 with root

Comment

Nice.... Since all of my apps were saved to my google account I was able to restore them.... I found though that if I left the zip files on the SD card and rebooted , the system would be reinitialized all over, so i formatted the card, things are looking good

Comment

I noticed the kernel has bluetooth support

[ 1.290568] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.16
              [ 1.290669] NET: Registered protocol family 31
              [ 1.290705] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
              [ 1.290755] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
              [ 1.290798] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
              [ 1.290853] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
              [ 1.291276] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain

[ 3.051088] Bluetooth: HCI UART driver ver 2.2
              [ 3.051118] Bluetooth: HCI H4 protocol initialized
              [ 3.051149] Bluetooth: HCILL protocol initialized

[ 3.175735] Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
              [ 3.175782] Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
              [ 3.175815] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.11
              [ 3.175841] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
              [ 3.175875] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2
              [ 3.176005] NET: Registered protocol family 35
              [ 3.176181] [BT_RFKILL]: Enter rfkill_rk_init
              [ 3.176293] [BT_RFKILL]: Request irq for bt wakeup host
              [ 3.176341] [BT_RFKILL]: ** disable irq
              [ 3.200336] [BT_RFKILL]: bt shut off power
              [ 3.200413] [BT_RFKILL]: bt_default device registered.

When I plugged in my dongle I saw

944.410499] usb 1-1: new full speed USB device number 2 using usb20_otg
              [ 944.701102] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0a12, idProduct=0001
              [ 944.701203] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
              [ 944.701300] usb 1-1: Product: CSR8510 A10

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman9871 View Post
                Shaun,

I did the advanced wipe and reflash as we talked about earlier, no soap, goes to the nextbook powered by android screen for about 2 seconds then black screen.
                Just thought you might want to know.
                Which ROM file are flashing? My ROMs don't have a Nextbook powered by android screen in them.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I see that screen only when I hold down the volume key to get to twrp, it shows a nextbook screen right before the twrp splachscreen

Comment

Originally posted by jrubin View Post
                    I see that screen only when I hold down the volume key to get to twrp, it shows a nextbook screen right before the twrp splachscreen
                    Yeah, I didn't replace the graphic in the recovery. Makes it easy to tell whether the device is attempting to boot Android or Recovery.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Which ROM file are flashing? My ROMs don't have a Nextbook powered by android screen in them.

ShaunMT
                      Actually I think it was the update from nextbook and that was after I had flashed yours and it didn't work. I decided to start from scratch again and went back to stock recovery and put the update img file on external sd card and flashed it using the rkimage option

Comment

Actually I think it was the update from nextbook and that was after I had flashed yours and it didn't work. I decided to start from scratch again and went back to stock recovery and put the update img file on external sd card and flashed it using the rkimage option
                        Ok... so did that work out ok or are you still not able to boot Android?

What is the current status of your tablet and what are you trying to install next?

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by sdidn't t View Post
                          Ok... so did that work out ok or are you still not able to boot Android?

What is the current status of your tablet and what are you trying to install next?

ShaunMT
                          No that didn't work and when I try to boot I get the nextbook powered by android for a few seconds then goes to black screen.

As far as what I'm going to do next....that may be finding the nearest trash can and just 86'ing the thing. I dont know what's left to do since I don't have a PC, can't go that direction if it even exist.
                          Last edited by wiseman9871; 12-19-2014, 20:03. Reason: spelling

Comment

No that didn't work and when I try to boot I get the nextbook powered by android for a few seconds then goes to black screen.

As far as what I'm going to do next....that may be finding the nearest trash can and just 86'ing the thing. I dont know what's left to do since I don't have a PC, can't go that direction if it even exist.
                            OK... so now that I understand the current condition of the tablet, here are some different things you might try:

Using stock recovery:
                            Flash the either official update, or my modified update.img ROM. (You might have to flash, reboot, then flash again with the same ROM. You also may have to wipe data/cache and or erase the internal SD card after flashing successfully.)

Or...

Using TWRP recovery:
                            Flash my modified .zip ROM version. (You still might have to flash, reboot, and flash again with the same ROM. You may also have to wipe data/cache and/or internal SD card after flashing. Also, you might have to wipe the system partition before flashing the ROM again.)

Or...

Using a PC RockChip Flash Tool (Several available):
                            unzip my .zip ROM version, remove the system.img and flash just the system.img with a PC flash tool. (I can't really help with this, because I don't use any of the flash tools.)

I suspect one or more of those should be sufficient to resolve your current issue.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

OK... so now that I understand the current condition of the tablet, here are some different things you might try:

Using stock recovery:
                              Flash the either official update, or my modified update.img ROM. (You might have to flash, reboot, then flash again with the same ROM. You also may have to wipe data/cache and or erase the internal SD card after flashing successfully.)

Or...

Using TWRP recovery:
                              Flash my modified .zip ROM version. (You still might have to flash, reboot, and flash again with the same ROM. You may also have to wipe data/cache and/or internal SD card after flashing. Also, you might have to wipe the system partition before flashing the ROM again.)

Or...

Using a PC RockChip Flash Tool (Several available):
                              unzip my .zip ROM version, remove the system.img and flash just the system.img with a PC flash tool. (I can't really help with this, because I don't use any of the flash tools.)

I suspect one or more of those should be sufficient to resolve your current issue.

ShaunMT

Well I dont know what I did differently but after wiping everything but the external sd card and usb storage, flashing your rom and rebooting X3, the first two times said no os installed when I went to reboot. I repeated the process again.

I noticed at the end of the flash it said the next reboot will take much longer than normal please be patient. So I rebooted and got your splash screen this time but then went straight to the battery animation. Not knowing if it had worked and remembering what it had said I just laid it aside.

I came back probably 30 minutes later and turned it on and lo and behold it booted up just fine, waiting to be configured.

Thanks very much Shaun for all your help with this, you saved me from throwing a hundred dollars in the trash.

KD Wiseman, BS, EMT/PM MT(ASCP)Ret.

Comment

check to see if you have 4 gigs of space for apps

Comment

Working...
                                X