Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's TWRP Recovery For The Nextbook NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ShaunMT's TWRP Recovery For The Nextbook NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE (Support Thread)

This is TWRP recovery compiled from source for the Nextbook NX785QC8G. It has been tested thoroughly and all features are believed to work as expected.

Nextbook has a history of changing internal hardware without changing product names. You are strongly advised to review your stock build.prop entries to verify compatibility before flashing. The easiest way for most users to do this is to download any build.prop editor app from the Play Store.

The red portions of the following build.prop entries should match to ensure compatibility:

ro.product.model=NX785QC8G
    ro.product.name=M865FD
    ro.product.device=NXM865FD
    ro.build.product=NXM865FD_WMDE
    ro.build.description=NXM865FD_WMDE-user 4.4.2 KOT49H V2.0.9 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=Nextbook/M865FD/NXM865FD:4.4.2/KOT49H/V2.0.9:user/release-keys

ro.product.usbfactory=NX785QC8G

If one of the above values doesn't match, or you are unsure about anything, you should post a reply in the support thread and ask for advice before flashing.

After installation, I recommend using the backup feature of TWRP to create a full backup of every partition on your device. Then copy this backup to a PC for safe keeping.

Installation Options:

From stock recovery:
    1. Verify compatibility as indicated above.
    2. Download this file:
    (See Download Thread)
    3. Unzip the file.
    4. Extract update.img
    5. Put update.img on external SD card
    6. Flash update.img using the install from rkimage feature in stock recovery.

From TWRP/CWM etc:
    2. Download this file:
    (See Download Thread)
    3. Put the unopened .zip file on your external SD card.
    4. Flash using TWRP/CWM recovery.

Removal Instructions (Return to Stock Recovery):
    2. Download this file: (See Download Thread)
    3. Put the unopened .zip file on your external SD card.
    4. Flash using TWRP/CWM recovery.

Download Thread:
    ShaunMT-s-TWRP-Recovery-For-The-Nextbook-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-(Download-Thread)
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

FAQs

Q: Can I install TWRP using a PC rockchip flashing tool?
    A: Yes, assuming you know how... There are several different PC flashing tools available, most of which I've never used, so I can't offer much support for PC flashing... post a reply to this thread and maybe another user can help you.

Q: I'm currently using OMA's CWM recovery...A: I've never used OMA's recovery, so I can't offer much advice... post a reply to this thread and maybe another user can help you.

Q: I'm having some other issue...A: Sorry to hear that... post a reply to this thread and hopefully myself or another user can assist you.

ShaunMT
    Last edited by shaunmt; 11-25-2014, 05:45. Reason: Added FAQs
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Special Thanks To The Following:

Finless and Neomode for maintaining Freaktab.com and providing file hosting.

Abdul_PT for helping me learn to build from source for RockChip devices.

mel4787
      and PerfectPitch for testing.

The rest of the Freaktab dev team for their constant support.

The rest of the Freaktab users for being part of such a great community.
      Last edited by shaunmt; 11-25-2014, 05:50.
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

TWRP Install

I checked compatibility then d/l the file and used th rkimage tool as instructed. This is what occured:

Ran the tool and it said update failed, please reboot and try again
        I rebooted in to recovery and it wasn't stock recovery but the TWRP recovery.

Made a full backup as suggested.

Now can someone please explain what TWRP does exactly?
        Can instructions be provided on how to use it so those who are not familiar with it don't shoot themselves in the foot trying to figure it out?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman9871 View Post
          I checked compatibility then d/l the file and used th rkimage tool as instructed. This is what occured:

Ran the tool and it said update failed, please reboot and try again
          I rebooted in to recovery and it wasn't stock recovery but the TWRP recovery.

Made a full backup as suggested.

Now can someone please explain what TWRP does exactly?
          Can instructions be provided on how to use it so those who are not familiar with it don't shoot themselves in the foot trying to figure it out?
          http://lmgtfy.com/?q=TWRP
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Addition to my post above

After the twrp backup and reboot I found that I needed to do a partial restore. However, with the twrp folder on the internal sd the was not enough room, so I moved it to the external sd, hope it works from there.

Comment

After the twrp backup and reboot I found that I needed to do a partial restore. However, with the twrp folder on the internal sd the was not enough room, so I moved it to the external sd, hope it works from there.

What are you trying to restore?
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                What are you trying to restore?
                I had to restore some missing apps but I'm fairly positive the hiccup was caused by a goggle search update that happened just prior to twrp install

I did the restore, uninstalled the google search updates, rebooted and everything seems fine now.

Comment

I had to restore some missing apps but I'm fairly positive the hiccup was caused by a goggle search update that happened just prior to twrp install

I did the restore, uninstalled the google search updates, rebooted and everything seems fine now.
                  Thanks for clarifying that... I was under the impression your problem may have been related to your TWRP install, but it sounds like that probably wasn't the case...

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that... I was under the impression your problem may have been related to your TWRP install, but it sounds like that probably wasn't the case...

ShaunMT
                    Sorry about that, I thought it was when I wrote the post but during the restore I remembered the google update. By the time I could edit my post you had already replied.

I did find out that you cannot restore from the external sd so dont know how thats going to work out for now or at least until you release the size patches

Comment

You should be able to restore from external sd.... i've done it repeatedly while working on the parameter patches... check your twrp settings...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

You should be able to restore from external sd.... i've done it repeatedly while working on the parameter patches... check your twrp settings...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                        Will do..

Comment

Great job on the TWRP!! Awesome job as always ShaunMT!! Thanks!

Comment

working great Shaun! thanks to you I was finally able to make a nandroid! much appreciated!

Comment

Thanks ShaunMT! Flashed from Oma's CWM. Everything went smooth and is working correctly. TWRP blows CWM out of the water IMO. Greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                              X