Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Parameter Patches for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I followed this guide to the letter using the 4GB parameter file and it is hanging on the boot animation. It plays for about 10 seconds then freezes. I've tried clearing data, sdcard, cache, reinstalling the OS, reflashing the parameter file but still no good. This is far from my first rodeo but I am at a loss here.

Comment

Originally posted by lenie View Post
      Hello
      Just joined due to my nextbook getting stuck on finger logo. Have tried rebooting both ways. Downloaded TWRP SMT_next7p12-8g-NXM727MC_MW. zip but when i put sd card into tablet i can not "swipe to confirm" anything. No OS installed. PLEASE help a total newbe... i know figures. I have found an old post but the "LINKS" are no longer supported. So please in "laymans" terms, can u help me. Thanks for your time
      It is a nextbook 7p12-8g NXM727MC / AMLOGIC 8726-M3 serial# YF121310652
      The problem with the recovery has been identified, but I haven't had time to get new versions out. Maybe when I have a break from college...

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy View Post
        I followed this guide to the letter using the 4GB parameter file and it is hanging on the boot animation. It plays for about 10 seconds then freezes. I've tried clearing data, sdcard, cache, reinstalling the OS, reflashing the parameter file but still no good. This is far from my first rodeo but I am at a loss here.

Sorry, it sounds like you've tried all the right troubleshooting steps. I can't think of anything else that would cause it to bootloop that far into the boot process.

Are you able to connect to to it by ADB to get a logcat or dmesg?

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Ok so I have done two of these tablets with the 4gig patch and both work great. I had a friend buy one and asked me to do his so I said ok and flashed the TWRP and flashed the ROM and tablet came up working fine then did the 4 gig patch which left me without OS no big deal happened to me on the first one I did so flashed the ROM again said all was good no errors rebooted system and now its stuck on the bearded android screen and won't load any farther I also can't boot into recovery mode I can hold the power and volume up buttons all day and it does nothing at all. Any ideas on what i can do to fix his tablet would be greatly appreciated. I also used a 16gig sd card so there was plenty of space the same one used for the other two thats working fine.

Comment

Hello!

I know, I know... years down the line and now a noob shows up....

First and foremost, AWESOME threads and awesome development on the ROM ShaunMT. Now to the meat....

I got my nx785qc8g (bought off **** for $15.00) yesterday. I updated it using your modified ROM to 4.4.2, and rooted it. I then got TWRP onto my 16GB Kingston class 10 SD as well as the 4GB partition mod. I went to install the partition mod and kept receiving a "failed" message. So then I wiped Dalvik Cache Directories (successful), and tried again. This is now on my screen:

"Updating partition details...
            Installing '/external_sd/SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMD
            E-Flash_Params_4gb.zip'
            Checking for MD5 file...
            Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
            Error flashing zip '/external_sd?SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM8
            65FD_WMDE-Flsah_Params_4gb.zip'
            Updating partition details..."

Below that there is :

"Flashing file 1 of 0
            /external_sd/SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-Flash_Params_4gb.zip"

and then there is a status bar looking graphic, kind of like a barber's pole moving, below the text.

It has been like that for about 30 minutes now. Does this sound like I am successfully or correctly updating the parameters?

I admit I am a Mac and Linux guy who is much more in-tuned with hardware operations, and this process has been educational and frustrating (is any good educational experience not frustrating?); but, I also have hopes that the last 16 hours haven't been a waste.

Please respond, hopefully with an encouraging "thumbs up" that what I have described is expected.

Thanks
            Dissident_Priest

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident_Priest View Post
              Hello!

I know, I know... years down the line and now a noob shows up....

First and foremost, AWESOME threads and awesome development on the ROM ShaunMT. Now to the meat....

I got my nx785qc8g (bought off **** for $15.00) yesterday. I updated it using your modified ROM to 4.4.2, and rooted it. I then got TWRP onto my 16GB Kingston class 10 SD as well as the 4GB partition mod. I went to install the partition mod and kept receiving a "failed" message. So then I wiped Dalvik Cache Directories (successful), and tried again. This is now on my screen:

"Updating partition details...
              Installing '/external_sd/SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMD
              E-Flash_Params_4gb.zip'
              Checking for MD5 file...
              Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
              Error flashing zip '/external_sd?SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM8
              65FD_WMDE-Flsah_Params_4gb.zip'
              Updating partition details..."

Below that there is :

"Flashing file 1 of 0
              /external_sd/SMT-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-Flash_Params_4gb.zip"

and then there is a status bar looking graphic, kind of like a barber's pole moving, below the text.

It has been like that for about 30 minutes now. Does this sound like I am successfully or correctly updating the parameters?

I admit I am a Mac and Linux guy who is much more in-tuned with hardware operations, and this process has been educational and frustrating (is any good educational experience not frustrating?); but, I also have hopes that the last 16 hours haven't been a waste.

Please respond, hopefully with an encouraging "thumbs up" that what I have described is expected.

Thanks
              Dissident_Priest
              Hi, I've been rather busy in real life lately... if you still need help, please provide an update on the statue of your device.
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by JMan36 View Post
                Ok so I have done two of these tablets with the 4gig patch and both work great. I had a friend buy one and asked me to do his so I said ok and flashed the TWRP and flashed the ROM and tablet came up working fine then did the 4 gig patch which left me without OS no big deal happened to me on the first one I did so flashed the ROM again said all was good no errors rebooted system and now its stuck on the bearded android screen and won't load any farther I also can't boot into recovery mode I can hold the power and volume up buttons all day and it does nothing at all. Any ideas on what i can do to fix his tablet would be greatly appreciated. I also used a 16gig sd card so there was plenty of space the same one used for the other two thats working fine.

Hi, I've been rather busy in real life lately... if you still need help, please provide an update on the statue of your device.
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I have tried this repeatedly using all of the zip files above - every one results in an error saying:
                  restoring /metadata...
                  ​assert failed: write_raw_image("/external_sd/TWRP/backups/metadata.img". "metadata")
                  (IN RED) E: Error executing binary updater binary in zip '/external_sd/smt-nx785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-Flash_params_2gb/system_restore.zip
                  (in gray) Error flashing zip (repeats file location)
                  Updating partition details...

I also get a red "Failed" under the home button.

Cannot boot - says no OS. Cannot connect to a PC as I cannot find driver files that work with the Nextbook flash program and restore files (XP, Win 7 or Win 10).

At this point I'd be willing to ship someone a brick along with a payment for time and trouble if they can magically transform it back into a working tablet again - even just back to factory with the crappy 1 GB partition would be better than what I've got now.

Comment

It sounds like your external sd card didn't have enough free space to backup your existing partitions in order shuffle things around.
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I was using 2 different SD card, on 16 gig with over 14 gigs free at the start and the second a 32 gig that was blank at the start. Do not appear to have any backups on either card.

Comment

Perhaps something went wrong when it tried to read your partitions for the backup. I'd try wiping everything in recovery and reinstalling the rom, then after you get it booting again, before installing apps, try installing the desired parameter file again.
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I guess I'm missing something somewhere. I can wipe everything (not wiping the external SD card) in the TWRP recovery. When I try to install ANY of the zip files, I get the failure message I described above. I know very little about Android and this was my first real go at doing anything of this type work so I've probably done something wrong or not done something I should have.

Comment

Originally posted by kleib View Post
                            I guess I'm missing something somewhere. I can wipe everything (not wiping the external SD card) in the TWRP recovery. When I try to install ANY of the zip files, I get the failure message I described above. I know very little about Android and this was my first real go at doing anything of this type work so I've probably done something wrong or not done something I should have.
                            have you tried going back to the stock recovery and reinstalling the .img rom?
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Sorry. I've been dealing with a death in the family and am only now able to get back to this. A couple of people sent me some messages on this giving me some detailed info and now I cannot find them. I had them up and the Windows 10 Edge browser crashed and now there is nothing in my inbox. I have the recovery files from Nextbook but they are not recognized using the TWRP. Again, I'm really not too sure what to do or how to do it with this so please give any help in detail and don't assume I know what to do at any given step (because I don't!)

Comment

Originally posted by kleib View Post
                                Sorry. I've been dealing with a death in the family and am only now able to get back to this. A couple of people sent me some messages on this giving me some detailed info and now I cannot find them. I had them up and the Windows 10 Edge browser crashed and now there is nothing in my inbox. I have the recovery files from Nextbook but they are not recognized using the TWRP. Again, I'm really not too sure what to do or how to do it with this so please give any help in detail and don't assume I know what to do at any given step (because I don't!)
                                What recovery are you trying to use? Is it the normal stock recovery or my TWRP recovery? Do you have a ROM to install?
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X