Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NX785QC8G space. Only .98 GB available for Apps, but over 3 is unused in Flash. Any way to re-format so that 3GB is for Apps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NX785QC8G space. Only .98 GB available for Apps, but over 3 is unused in Flash. Any way to re-format so that 3GB is for Apps?

I bought a NX785QC8G and like it so far. Even downloaded a custom ROM from here which actually improved its performance.

My main issue with this tablet still remains (other than the terrible touch screen that is).

The Tablet's internal storage is split into two. One is titled Nand Flash, and has 4.53 GB, and the other is titled Internal Storage, and has .98 GB.
    The difficult part is that applications can only be installed to the .98 GB Internal Storage....

I would LOVE to change this so that both have 2.7 GB, even though I doubt any ROM for this tablet will ever be over 2.

Is this possible? I know it is for the old 16 model, but found nothing about the new 8.

Thank you all!

Originally posted by tehlexinator View Post
    I bought a NX785QC8G and like it so far. Even downloaded a custom ROM from here which actually improved its performance.

My main issue with this tablet still remains (other than the terrible touch screen that is).

The Tablet's internal storage is split into two. One is titled Nand Flash, and has 4.53 GB, and the other is titled Internal Storage, and has .98 GB.
    The difficult part is that applications can only be installed to the .98 GB Internal Storage....

I would LOVE to change this so that both have 2.7 GB, even though I doubt any ROM for this tablet will ever be over 2.

Is this possible? I know it is for the old 16 model, but found nothing about the new 8.

Thank you all!
    You must be using my ROM...

I also released some patches that decrease the internal SD card partition (Nand Flash) and increase the /data partition (Internal Storage).

You can find them here:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?20217-ShaunMT-s-Parameter-Patches-for-Nextbook-NX785QC8G-(Support-Thread)

​ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      You must be using my ROM...

I also released some patches that decrease the internal SD card partition (Nand Flash) and increase the /data partition (Internal Storage).

You can find them here:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?20217-ShaunMT-s-Parameter-Patches-for-Nextbook-NX785QC8G-(Support-Thread)

​ShaunMT
      Thank you. I was!

I also found a custom ROM at arctablet.com that resolved this issue, it is also extremely speedy to boot and sets my flash card as nand.

My only complaint about that ROM is now I can't use my massive sd card to transfer apps to. Lol, going to go ask if this is possible on that site.

Keep up the great work Shaun!

Comment

CAN I PLEASE GET SOME HELP!!! I have contacted many people on this website and I am just LOST. I haven't had any replies back on my issue. No one is contacting me for issue. I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!! I am just confused on how to boot my nx785qc8g to get 4gb of app storage. Shaunmt, can you please help and guide me through this procedure to do on my tablet? I currently don't know what I should do. Can I get some HELP ASAP?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kinginwitmalcolm45 View Post
          CAN I PLEASE GET SOME HELP!!! I have contacted many people on this website and I am just LOST. I haven't had any replies back on my issue. No one is contacting me for issue. I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!! I am just confused on how to boot my nx785qc8g to get 4gb of app storage. Shaunmt, can you please help and guide me through this procedure to do on my tablet? I currently don't know what I should do. Can I get some HELP ASAP?!!!
          Relax... some of us have jobs, school, family etc... (I have all of the above)...

I responded to your posts in the other thread.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
          X