Android 4.1.1 Jellybean on the Nextbook Premium 8se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Android 4.1.1 Jellybean on the Nextbook Premium 8se

Just saw this post and thought I would toss this your way. Neo mode has a CM10 that seems to work on several rk29 devices. Works on mine. Comes rooted with Google play. Havent tried Netflix yet. And he is working on improvements. Here is the link. I'm using the CM10 latest

KID™IDAHO Next7P12 Tapatalk 2

Comment

pardon my newbieness, is the cm10 a different driver to access the rom... and second question is does fact that i have a different chipset mean that i this or finless bobs versions may not work on tablet?... this is my first tablet and my first time time rooting anything... so some / any assistants and tutoring would be very appreciated...

Randy

Comment

I thought it was rk2918, if it is rk30xx then the answer is no. If it is, detailed instructions and divers are available. Rk30 is being worked on by Finless and Supersport.

Comment

how do i know for sure?

Comment

Should say on the back of the box.. sise, display, chipset etc.... I believe its rk2918 cortex a8 1 or 1.2ghz

Comment

ok so on my box the chipset says AML8726 - M3 Cortex A9 1GHz.

Comment

M3-Chip

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you...had one of these tablets coming to me in the mail so I searched for how to root it...got it yesterday only to find out the newer models have a different chip inside which basically puts anybody with one back at square 1.

Hopefully some development happens soon that will allow us to get root.

Comment

So it looks like you have an Am logic, from what I've read this is seperate from rock chip. Although it is in the same category as the rk3066. I would pm finless at this point and see what he has to say. He has built lots of ROMs for the next book. Good luck.

Comment

AMLogic.... PIECE OF CAKE to make ROMs for. Updates are by .zip file on sdcard. Almost fool proof.

I would need the stock ROM.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      AMLogic.... PIECE OF CAKE to make ROMs for. Updates are by .zip file on sdcard. Almost fool proof.

Bob
                      He he. Was posting the same time...

Comment

Bob
                        Nice! Sooooo how do I go about getting a stock rom for you? Cause I'm clueless when it comes to development.

Comment

Bob
                          Would ADB work for dumping the Rom, or what would you suggest to dump the rom for this tab ?

Comment

You need to setup ADB on your PC and dump the partitions using DD command.

This part I have never done. Nextbook does not have a ROM for download for this?

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Okay ill renistall ADB, hopefully i will get root, I tried using the program Root With Restore by binary and thought I had bricked this thing. at first i couldnt get into recovery mode. Popped out the sd card,(from my Phone) Put in a sd card that had some data on it. and boom right into recovery, did a factory data reset. It worked. I think I might have the data partial rooted, I have a bunch of files with -r- permission on them. but I have no access to system yet.Im pretty sure im in Data and its as high as i can go in the astro file manager.

no there is no rom yet, from what ive gathered, reading here and there on various forums the netflix update for the nextbook 8p12se is a rockchip and not compatible with this new nextbook 8p12se which is an amlogic. Someone was saying they are working on putting out a new rom that is netflix compatible.

Comment

Hi guys.

Finless, thanks for jumping in with some comments regarding this new Nextbook model. Unfortunately this new model is not even indicated on their website yet.

I am the one who contacted them about the Netflix update to ask if it would work for the AML8726-M3 model and I was told that it would not, but that they are working on an update.

I also asked for a backup copy of the stock rom and was rather firmly told NO, they can not provide drivers or firmware to customers.

I've tried to dump a rom from mine, but the system seems to be thoroughly locked down. I'll report back if I have any further success.

Finless, if you have any suggestions regarding how to dump the necessary parts, let me know. It seems like ADB has read only access to the important directories, shell is the same and does not run as root.

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X