Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asaddotcom View Post
    Hello forum gurus,

I have (Nextbook Premium 8SE) with RK2918 chipset, I am posting specs please post ROM download link for me,,,

RK2918 1GHZ A8
    DDR3 RAM 1GB
    8GB Internal SD Memory
    Serial# YF031211xxxx

Any ROM suggestion?? which really works!! Because I was download finless bobs ROM and flash my Next8P12 but i am facing screen resolution issue, its seems like 6 inch screen after flash... but mine tablet has 8 inch screen with 1024x768 resolution supported...
    Yours is the first Nextbook Premium 8SE I've seen with those RAM and SD memory specs, let alone display resolution of 1024x768. Are you certain it is not a Premium 10SE, with a 10" display, measured diagonally?

Where did you get it?
    Last edited by eegorr; 12-07-2012, 20:32.
    Nextbook Premium 8 SE (Next8P12) - * ROOTED * (Sold on ****)
    AML8726-M3 Cortex A9 @ 1GHz

Nextbook Premium 8 HD (N0008HD8G) - * ROOTED *

Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) - STOCK (unfortunately)

Comment

Response from Nextbook tech support

First, my questions:

How many versions of the NEXT8P12 did you make, anyway? I have read about three different versions but there is only one spec on your website. When will you begin to provide support for the latest version with the AMLogic processor?

When will you provide an update that fixes the problem with netflix?

Where can I get a copy of the ROM image for this tablet?

I have two of these tablets. I had another one that I returned already because it locked up and would not boot. I am going to return the other two if some issues are not resolved in the next month or so.

And their response:

We appreciate your patronage and feed back. We make 2 versions of the Next8SE 4.0.3 and the Next8SE 4.0.4 models. Currently on the website are the specs for the Next8PSE/Next8P12 4.0.3 and the website Engineers are in the process of updating the site. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note, we're experiencing Technical difficulty with the Next8P12 models that have an Android OS system level of 4.0.4. The Netflix Update was issued for the Android OS systems with 4.0.3 models. Therefore, the configuration of the update is unable to be recognized by the 4.0.4 OS units. However, we've contacted Netflix to provide to us a patch for this model. It usually takes Netflix within 1 to 2 months to provide patches. Once it's received it'll be available on the www.nextbookusa.com site. We appreciate your understanding, patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

The manufacturing company is unable to provide to the customer ROM, drivers or firmware/software updates.

Thank You,

Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by eegorr View Post
        Please note, we're experiencing Technical difficulty with the Next8P12 models that have an Android OS system level of 4.0.4. The Netflix Update was issued for the Android OS systems with 4.0.3 models. Therefore, the configuration of the update is unable to be recognized by the 4.0.4 OS units. However, we've contacted Netflix to provide to us a patch for this model. It usually takes Netflix within 1 to 2 months to provide patches. Once it's received it'll be available on the www.nextbookusa.com site. We appreciate your understanding, patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

The manufacturing company is unable to provide to the customer ROM, drivers or firmware/software updates.
        I think the Netflix update is already available - see my previous post - so there is not likely to be an updated ROM image available from Nextbook for a while.

Looks like we are going to have to come up with our own ROM image if we are going to get this done.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Someone will have to dump the 8SE ROM before you can fix it. Maybe ask Nextbook for the stock firmware?

Nothing more we can do until we have the stock ROM.

Bob
          I'm willing to use my tablet to get the Rom dump. Doesn't it need rooted before you can do a ROM dump? How do I go about rooting it? What do you suggest for getting the ROM dump?

Comment

Most AMLogic devices I have seen are pre-rooted. That is the SU binary exists in /xbin. But there is no superuser APK.

To find out download terminal emulator from Google Play. Run it and at the $ prompt type su
            If you get a # prompt back, your rooted already.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

su binary

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Most AMLogic devices I have seen are pre-rooted. That is the SU binary exists in /xbin. But there is no superuser APK.

To find out download terminal emulator from Google Play. Run it and at the $ prompt type su
              If you get a # prompt back, your rooted already.

Bob
              su binary is not found / accessible from the terminal emulator. They locked this tablet down pretty good, it seems the AML flash tool can wipe everything out but I haven't been able to make a dump of the bootloader, update, etc via dd commands.

Comment

Download Link

Originally posted by kididaho View Post
                file doesn't exist on zippyshare...anywhere else?

KID™IDAHO tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X