will this work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will this work

will my NEXT7P charge with this 5.8v 1amp charger I found when looking for a replacement charger? (old ones end literally came out)
    Last edited by bgog86411; 02-09-2015, 19:11. Reason: spelling

Originally posted by bgog86411 View Post
    will my NEXT7P charge with this 5.8v 1amp charger I found when looktip replacement charger? (old ones end literally came out)
    Hello, I do not own your device. However, older chargers/AC adapters are generally not the switching type of power supply. Most are poorly regulatated and have a dirty/noisey output. If your original charger/AC adapter is 5 volts, I would not exceed 5 volts, specially not with a non-switching and unregulated type of higher voltage supply.
    Then there is "tip type" and polarity. Even if the plug fits the jack, the polarity of the tip is critical. Insert one with the wrong polarity and you will most certainly damage your NEXT7P.
    Find an A/C adapter/charger that is rated the same(voltage and at least as much current) as your original and with the same tip and polarity.
    BTW Will your device charge through it's USB port?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
      Hello, I do not own your device. However, older chargers/AC adapters are generally not the switching type of power supply. Most are poorly regulatated and have a dirty/noisey output. If your original charger/AC adapter is 5 volts, I would not exceed 5 volts, specially not with a non-switching and unregulated type of higher voltage supply.
      Then there is "tip type" and polarity. Even if the plug fits the jack, the polarity of the tip is critical. Insert one with the wrong polarity and you will most certainly damage your NEXT7P.
      Find an A/C adapter/charger that is rated the same(voltage and at least as much current) as your original and with the same tip and polarity.
      BTW Will your device charge through it's USB port?
      the tablet does not charge through usb and the polarity on the cord I mentioned is the same

Comment

Working...
      X