No announcement yet.

Help Nextbook Ares 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of these realtek chips are old, so realtek being broken all the way up into mainline tip kernel 4.8.0 seems to indicate some "fat and lazy" state, because it used to be that linux community would develop drivers to make hardware work, yet here we are losing old ground due to, as Larry Finger explains, Realtek pushing out buggy firmware updates and Larry has had it with buying new hardware as a volunteer not paid by canonical or redhat or any company "around the edges". Perhaps what is happening is like AOL's unpaid moderators, HuffPosts unpaid contributors, the tech company that plays nice to human capital and then cashes in at IPO. In bitcoin and ethereum development there was an attempt to share with the untouchables caste. Metaphor: fatty liver from corn sugar as well as by outright alcoholism as far as "fat and lazy", slacking on driver development compared to linux dev historically. Again, these are mostly old chips, but they're in Linksys, Netgear, and all of the next gen cheapo Intel Atom z8*00 devices we need to be on alongside of Android and WIndows 10, and I don't mean dual boot.

Comment

Cirrhosis: "Larry you're a saint(IPO'd fat cat's condescending corn sugar)", vs "Here's some hardware with the receipt(good old cane sugar)".

Comment

Hello BobDodds I'm very much hoping you might have a copy of the Nextbook Ares 11a android rom as mine is bricked and I just can't find any way to save it, even Ubuntu is better than not working at all, any advice or help on this would not only help me but other's I've read that now have the same problem as I. Thanks so much for any help you might have.

Comment

Working...
        X