NX785QC16G and NX785QC8G: Same Tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NX785QC16G and NX785QC8G: Same Tablet?

Good evening everyone, I hope this hasn't been covered already, but I am curious to know if the NX785QC16G is the same as the NX785QC8G with just more storage. I bought this tablet at wal-mart for $79 (A hell of a deal if you ask me) and I noticed that they are very similar.

Can someone verify if they are the same, Same processor, chipset, etc?

The reason I ask is because I want to root and install a custom rom and get rid of all the bloatware.

Thanks in advance.

Bump

Comment

Not even close....

The NX785QC8G has a RockChip RK3188 chipset.

The NX785QC16G has a MediaTek MT8127 chipset.

The NX785QC16G is the nicer tablet by far, but the MT8127 chipset is more difficult to mod (less popular chipset, fewer compatible dev tools, fewer developers).

The NX785QC8G has a notorius problem involving a battery cable connector that works its way loose from the socket, but the RK3188 is a very common chipset and there is a TWRP recovery, custom ROM and other mods available (all mine) here at FreakTab.

FYI, I have an RCA tablet with the MT8127 chipset and I like it a lot. If I ever finish working on it, I might be able to devote some time to the NX785QC16G.

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll have to wait for rooting and custom roms.

Comment

My nieces NX785QC8G NEXTBOOK won't stay on even when shows 100% or 65%. If using the battery power, the moment she uses the touch screen for anything, it will turn off. Will only stay on and work great with power from external source. Any idea of a remedy for this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by easydad View Post
            My nieces NX785QC8G NEXTBOOK won't stay on even when shows 100% or 65%. If using the battery power, the moment she uses the touch screen for anything, it will turn off. Will only stay on and work great with power from external source. Any idea of a remedy for this problem?
            Read the other threads here about the NX785QC8G... nearly all of them discuss and provide resolution (repeatedly) for the common battery problem.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Hey. Shaun, have you had a chance to check out this chip set yet? I see some flaws that I hope can be corrected with a custom ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by SinisterDrake View Post
                Hey. Shaun, have you had a chance to check out this chip set yet? I see some flaws that I hope can be corrected with a custom ROM.

I've got an RCA model is the same MediaTek chipset, but I haven't gotten very far with it... it's a pain to work with...

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I've noticed some glitches with this tablet, one being the screen calibration and sensitivity. Secondly when I'm typing the keyboard likes to disappear while I'm typing.

Comment

Working...
                  X