This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next book ROMs

With Bob being busy with other things I thought I would drop in here and see if I can help out.

A bit of background on my ROMs. So far I've produced ROMs for the cube u30gt h,w and mini. These are rk3066 based tabs, and my ROMs have been either ICS or jellybean. In addition to this I've mentored a few other devs in producing there own ROMs.

A quick bit of research shows that nextbook seem to change specifications mid model and so care needs to be taken as to which firmware is suitable for which models. As such I plan to start with what I know so if I can get an image for the NEXT7D12F I'll make a ROM for that.

As regards the earlier tabs I'll have no way of testing so my efforts will be directed wherever I can get willing testers.

Also if anyone wants to start cooking up ROMs for the Nextbooks I'd be happy to assist.

Cheers

Brian
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
    With Bob being busy with other things I thought I would drop in here and see if I can help out.

A bit of background on my ROMs. So far I've produced ROMs for the cube u30gt h,w and mini. These are rk3066 based tabs, and my ROMs have been either ICS or jellybean. In addition to this I've mentored a few other devs in producing there own ROMs.

A quick bit of research shows that nextbook seem to change specifications mid model and so care needs to be taken as to which firmware is suitable for which models. As such I plan to start with what I know so if I can get an image for the NEXT7D12F I'll make a ROM for that.

As regards the earlier tabs I'll have no way of testing so my efforts will be directed wherever I can get willing testers.

Also if anyone wants to start cooking up ROMs for the Nextbooks I'd be happy to assist.

Cheers

Brian
    Thanks for diving into the 7D12F. I'm happy to test it out, and wouldn't mind helping any other way. I find this new world of programming tabs intriguing, and wouldn't mind learning a bit more.

Jason

Comment

Re: Next book ROMs

I'll be looking at your uploaded image.

If you want to make a start on cooking up your own ROMs then you will need a Linux setup, some like virtual machines, I use a dual boot so I can get to windows once in a while. Check out the ROM hacks and mods forum there's some good stuff in there.
      900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Next8p12 ROM (AML8726 - M3 Cortex A9 1GHz. = Chipset)

Hey there I just bought a 8" Nextbook Tablet a Premium se model and it came installed with ICS (4.0) but it does not have Google Play, which for me is really a must have. I have tried installing some of the other roms but I need help.... can some assist me pretty please... again I have chipset of AML8726 - M3 Cortex A9 1GHz. on a Nextbook 8 Premium 8 se Model # NEXT8p12. Thanks for any help....

Randy

Comment

Looks as though I may have a little more time available soon as I hope to be finishing off the 7D12F this evening.

What do we need doing on the NextBooks?
          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I vote for NEXT8P12 with AMLogic (AML8726-M3) chipset!

Looks as though I may have a little more time available soon as I hope to be finishing off the 7D12F this evening.

What do we need doing on the NextBooks?
            How do we get a stock ROM image for the newest version of NEXT8P12? That is the one with AMLogic chipset and HDMI output. Can this be gotten from a virgin tablet? I have one that has not even been turned on yet.
            Nextbook Premium 8 SE (Next8P12) - * ROOTED * (Sold on ****)
            AML8726-M3 Cortex A9 @ 1GHz

Nextbook Premium 8 HD (N0008HD8G) - * ROOTED *

Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) - STOCK (unfortunately)

Comment

There's a guide on pulling the image using adb somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

There's a guide on pulling the image using adb somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?p=5057
                Will rkdump work with an AMLogic processor?

Does the tablet need to be factory reset first?

Comment

Sorry, I should wake up properly before posting.
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I will definitely be a guinea pig to anyone who provides a ROM for the Nextbook 8P SE. This device could be so much more, but the stock ROM really limits it, and I'm about to **** it. My device unfortunately does not have the rock chip, but the AML cortex A9. I've been trying to see if there is a way to use the Nextbook 9 ROM...

If anyone needs something from this tablet, please let me know. I'm new but give me directions and I'll be fine. This stuff intrigues me!

P.S.- I'll happily throw money to the developer who gets me a rooted device & google play

Comment

I have (Nextbook Premium 8SE) with RK2918 chipset.
                      Here are the Specs:

RK2918 Chip
                      1GHZ A8 Processor

DDR3 RAM 1GB
                      8GB Internal SD Memory
                      Serial# YF031211xxxx

Any ROM suggestion??

Comment

Originally posted by asaddotcom View Post
                        Here are the Specs:

RK2918 Chip
                        1GHZ A8 Processor

DDR3 RAM 1GB
                        8GB Internal SD Memory
                        Serial# YF031211xxxx

Any ROM suggestion??
                        Have you tried loading the updated ROM image (netflix fix) that is available on the support website?

If it works with your tablet, that image could serve as the basis for a rooted image, if I understand things correctly. It might even be possible to update the image to Jelly Bean.

Gurus, am I getting this right?

Comment

Originally posted by verucalise View Post
                          I will definitely be a guinea pig to anyone who provides a ROM for the Nextbook 8P SE. This device could be so much more, but the stock ROM really limits it, and I'm about to **** it. My device unfortunately does not have the rock chip, but the AML cortex A9. I've been trying to see if there is a way to use the Nextbook 9 ROM...

If anyone needs something from this tablet, please let me know. I'm new but give me directions and I'll be fine. This stuff intrigues me!

P.S.- I'll happily throw money to the developer who gets me a rooted device & google play
                          Don't sell it on ****. If you bought it at Big Lots you have until Jan 15th to take it back for a full refund. That's what I'm going to do if we don't come up with a fix by then.

If enough of us did this it would send a message to the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by asaddotcom View Post
                            Here are the Specs:

RK2918 Chip
                            1GHZ A8 Processor

DDR3 RAM 1GB
                            8GB Internal SD Memory
                            Serial# YF031211xxxx

Any ROM suggestion??
                            Yours is the first Nextbook Premium 8SE I've seen with those RAM and SD memory specs, let alone display resolution of 1024x768. Are you certain it is not a Premium 10SE, with a 10" display, measured diagonally?

Where did you get it?
                            Last edited by eegorr; 12-07-2012, 20:32.

Comment

Originally posted by eegorr View Post
                              Don't sell it on ****. If you bought it at Big Lots you have until Jan 15th to take it back for a full refund. That's what I'm going to do if we don't come up with a fix by then.

If enough of us did this it would send a message to the manufacturer.
                              Yep, bought it at Big Lots for I think $79. My kids love the tablet, but there are a few things I want off the Google Play market that I can't access anywhere else I wrote the manufacturer when I saw that they now are going to offer a 7" model with Google Play and asked them if they were coming out with a new ROM to support it, but all they said was that they petitioned Google and have no ETA on the approval of the application. My daughter is non-verbal, so accessing many of these apps to help her learn how to communicate without a voice is ESSENTIAL. I'm desperate, I couldn't afford an iPad.

PS- My Nextbook 8P SE is ICS, not Jellybean

Comment

Working...
                              X