Nextbook next7p12 Battery Always at 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextbook next7p12 Battery Always at 100%

I recently purchased a nextbook premium7 se tablet and after the first charge my battery indicator always reads 100% until it finally dies. Other than this issue the battery appears healthy and retains a charge for about 5 hours depending on what apps I am running.

I have searched around and found many fixes for other brands involving rooting the device but I can't find anything specifically for my device. I am NEW to the whole android thing and the advice on rooting seems a little complicated.

My Nextbook is the model that has Google Play. I don't have any need to root the device unless it is a necessary step to solve my battery indicator problem.

Is there a fix that doesn't involve rooting? If not, can anybody give me a step by step or steer me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Originally posted by diagnow View Post
    I recently purchased a nextbook premium7 se tablet and after the first charge my battery indicator always reads 100% until it finally dies. Other than this issue the battery appears healthy and retains a charge for about 5 hours depending on what apps I am running.

I have searched around and found many fixes for other brands involving rooting the device but I can't find anything specifically for my device. I am NEW to the whole android thing and the advice on rooting seems a little complicated.

My Nextbook is the model that has Google Play. I don't have any need to root the device unless it is a necessary step to solve my battery indicator problem.

Is there a fix that doesn't involve rooting? If not, can anybody give me a step by step or steer me in the right direction?

Many thanks
    No body help here hardware.................today this problem solve change smole parts tr ..Triode ,2N3904,NPN, me b 100% solve yours problem
    Last edited by gsm st; 03-19-2013, 17:18.

Comment

Originally posted by gsm st View Post
      No body help here hardware.................today this problem solve change smole parts tr ..Triode ,2N3904,NPN, me b 100% solve yours problem
      As I mentioned in the post, I don't think there is anything wrong with the hardware. The battery works fine. The indicator constantly displays 100% but other than that, it works great and I get good life out of it. I have seen other threads from people with the exact same problem and a few fixes for it but they all involve rooting the device. There is even an app on the Google Play store that claims to solve this issue but when I tried to install it a message appeared saying the device must be rooted. I have never used an Android device before this week, nevermind rooting one so I don't know how to start.

I was asking if there was a fix for this that didn't involve rooting my device. If there isn't then I would like to know how to get started. Sorry for being such a noob but we all gotta start somewhere.

...and Triode ,2N3904,NPN? I don't know what the hell that means lol

edit: I googled your advice.. I'm not about to rip open my tablet and replace transistors. It's only a couple weeks old. The only reason I haven't returned it to where I bought it is that I am traveling in Egypt.

Comment

trying different methods of charging

As I said earlier, it reads 100% until it powers off/battery dies...

At this point, if I connect it to the charger and power it back on it will read 100% for a few seconds but then rapidly drops by 1% every second or so until it reaches 3 or 4 % and then slowly charges back up to 100%. After this, if I disconnect the charger, the indicator functions normally and the problem appears fixed. That is, until I power it off/reboot it.

If I charge it with the power off, it reads 100% forever until the battery dies.

The only way to have a normally functioning indicator is to leave it powered on all the time and only reboot it when the battery dies and I connect it to the charger and power on...

Something is happening upon rebooting my device. I have read elsewhere that removing my batterystats.bin will force the device to create a new one and potentially solve the issue, but if I am not mistaken, this involves rooting.

Is there any other way to remove this file?

Comment

As I said earlier, it reads 100% until it powers off/battery dies...

At this point, if I connect it to the charger and power it back on it will read 100% for a few seconds but then rapidly drops by 1% every second or so until it reaches 3 or 4 % and then slowly charges back up to 100%. After this, if I disconnect the charger, the indicator functions normally and the problem appears fixed. That is, until I power it off/reboot it.

If I charge it with the power off, it reads 100% forever until the battery dies.

The only way to have a normally functioning indicator is to leave it powered on all the time and only reboot it when the battery dies and I connect it to the charger and power on...

Something is happening upon rebooting my device. I have read elsewhere that removing my batterystats.bin will force the device to create a new one and potentially solve the issue, but if I am not mistaken, this involves rooting.

Is there any other way to remove this file?
          hwy dude did you manage to do a factory reset from 3e recovery? it might work. if you want to try easy root it then try unlockroot, which might work for you.

regards,
          fellow nextbook user

Comment

Originally posted by delhanh View Post
            hwy dude did you manage to do a factory reset from 3e recovery? it might work. if you want to try easy root it then try unlockroot, which might work for you.

regards,
            fellow nextbook user
            Yeah, I tried the factory reset but it did nothing. I took a look at unlock root but didn't see my device supported on their website. I may give it atry this weekend. In the meantime, my temporary solution is to only reboot my tablet while it's charging. The glitch doesn't occur when returning from sleep mode, only when I reboot...unless it's plugged in
            Last edited by diagnow; 03-21-2013, 21:48.

Comment

Yeah, I tried the factory reset but it did nothing. I took a look at unlock root but didn't see my device supported on their website. I may give it atry this weekend. In the meantime, my temporary solution is to only reboot my tablet while it's charging. The glitch doesn't occur when returning from sleep mode, only when I reboot...unless it's plugged in
              although unlockroot does not officially support nrxtbook it still worked for me, so it doesnt hurt to try

Comment

Originally posted by delhanh View Post
                although unlockroot does not officially support nrxtbook it still worked for me, so it doesnt hurt to try

You're right.. didn't hurt to try. It didn't work though. Neither did superoneclick, oneclickroot, and a few others... I have tried everything, even the dongle method found on this forum. Nothing worked.

Comment

Working...
                X