Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next7P12, Netflix update from vendor, and installing the .img - Help

Hello,
    Newb here. I have spent the last several hours searching... i must be using the wrong keywords.

I have a netflix skipping issue on my Next7p12:
    SN YFG0113xxxxx
    Model Next7P12
    Android 4.04
    Kernel 2.6.34 amlogic@droid#638
    Build IMM76I.v005

I noticed this post:
    "if you goto http://www.nextbookusa.com/download.php scroll down to the updates drop down selection and then pick firmware downloads, nce that has loaded scroll all the way down to the bottom. its entitled "NEXT7P-12 Netflix Update"
    click download application and it gives you an update.img"

so I did that, and I followed their instructions. Basically: Download update.img > connect to pc as usb drive and transfer the file > turn off and it should ask to install update..... NOPE.

How are you to install the .img file?
    I tried the application called "upgrade" > local upgrade >... it didnt find it

any suggestions would be great. Thanks

qu1nn

amlogic....

Originally posted by qu1nn View Post
    Hello,
    Newb here. I have spent the last several hours searching... i must be using the wrong keywords.

I have a netflix skipping issue on my Next7p12:
    SN YFG0113xxxxx
    Model Next7P12
    Android 4.04
    Kernel 2.6.34 amlogic@droid#638
    Build IMM76I.v005

I noticed this post:
    "if you goto http://www.nextbookusa.com/download.php scroll down to the updates drop down selection and then pick firmware downloads, nce that has loaded scroll all the way down to the bottom. its entitled "NEXT7P-12 Netflix Update"
    click download application and it gives you an update.img"

so I did that, and I followed their instructions. Basically: Download update.img > connect to pc as usb drive and transfer the file > turn off and it should ask to install update..... NOPE.

How are you to install the .img file?
    I tried the application called "upgrade" > local upgrade >... it didnt find it

any suggestions would be great. Thanks

qu1nn
    From your quote you have a Next7P12-8G (8G) or Next7P12-GP (4G), these are AMLogic builds, you are trying to install a different image (RockChip) not designed for AMLogic build, to work NetFlix 2.0.2 or a Black build of NetFlix v1.8.1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34767765) is the only version that works on the Next7P12-8G/GP. Unless you follow one of the threads below and root your device, then remove the OEM Flash, and install an updated version of Flash will the latest version of NetFlix then work...

Comment

Originally posted by Jds View Post
      From your quote you have a Next7P12-8G (8G) or Next7P12-GP (4G), these are AMLogic builds, you are trying to install a different image (RockChip) not designed for AMLogic build, to work NetFlix 2.0.2 or a Black build of NetFlix v1.8.1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34767765) is the only version that works on the Next7P12-8G/GP. Unless you follow one of the threads below and root your device, then remove the OEM Flash, and install an updated version of Flash will the latest version of NetFlix then work...
      i am confused. that thread seems to talk about a different model than what i stated...
      the back of the device says:
      model no: nx007sd4g
      fcc id: s7jnext7P12
      ic:8082a-next7p12gp

so would this still work?

regards. and thx for the response.

qu1nn

Comment

Right....

Originally posted by qu1nn View Post
        i am confused. that thread seems to talk about a different model than what i stated...
        the back of the device says:
        model no: nx007sd4g
        fcc id: s7jnext7P12
        ic:8082a-next7p12gp

so would this still work?

regards. and thx for the response.

qu1nn
        Right you have a next7p12-gp, either will work...

Comment

Working...
        X