Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rom/instructions for Rooting a Nextbook Ares NXA8QC116

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by enanolex
    Managed to install boot.img and twrp permanently, now twrp reports internal storage 10650MB. Still stuck on the nextbook logo, fyi both linux and windows cant seem to detect the tablet its either (adb devices) device not found or unautherized so I cant use commands like adb reboot recovery to disable encryption.
    you need to format data and cache.

    Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #17
      Also I might have deleted the os because twrp mentioned something about no os being installed.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by enanolex
        Also I might have deleted the os because twrp mentioned something about no os being installed.
        Um, now that wouldn't be good, can't boot without OS.

        Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk


        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by F1R3W1R3


          Did the Device try to Re-Encrypt the tablet or is it just stuck? I had to Re authorize once I removed the Encryption.
          Did you test GPS?

          Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

          Comment


            #20
            if i get a secong tablet do a twrp backup, use that back up on the broken one will that work?

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by enanolex
              if i get a secong tablet do a twrp backup, use that back up on the broken one will that work?
              Yes.

              Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by vampirefo View Post
                Did you test GPS?

                Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk


                Yes GPS is on Target. No Issues just yet. Seems Solid. Disabling GPS for now though dont need it.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Vampirefo has posted a 2nd method to root, install twrp recovery and remove encryption in the same thread on XDA. It doesn't require Linux adb/fastboot, and is simpler than 1st method. Tried it last night and it worked good. Thanks vampirefo. Now to reinstall my apps, but I am encryption free. I tried the xposed framework and the memory leak fix, but I don't think xposed works on Intel based tablets, so we still may have reboots to deal with that but tablet feels faster without encryption.

                  ​On a related note, if you want/need the windows drivers for this tablet when in USB debug mode, there is an Intel website with a small install to install drivers for any Intel atom tablet/phone I guess, seemed to work for me, as Windows had trouble with the MTP driver install
                  Last edited by jpconard; 06-13-2015, 06:55.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    If you want screen protectors or case for this tablet next book made/makes a windows version with same design (same body, camera positions, same spec but without IPS screen), these are on Amazon. The leather folio case comes too close to screen edges but I trimmed mine back.

                    I'm not sure this tablet has true GPS, I didn't see it acquire satellites with the program I tried. I just use my 2013 Verizon moto g (not activated) which can still be found on closeouts for <$40. Cameras on this tablet not the best, sound OK just single speaker, has good microsd support (no move app support), good USB otg support, and HDMI out support.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Tablet doesn't not have GPS, tried two tablets, and nextbook support confirmed tablet doesn't have GPS, plus I took back off of tablet, no GPS.

                      Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Well I got it working, bought a black one to save the red one. I got Xposed installed and the memory leak patch. Using this website http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...fones-t2983589 the file I got was XposedForZenFoneLollipop_20150607.zip

                        Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Hiya guys, I'm going crazy here trying to figure out how to get fastboot to detect this tablet. My adb detects the device, but fastboot see's nothing. How did you guys get fastboot to see this thing? I'm running kubuntu 14.04 and I think my 51-android.rules file is good to go. I've never tried to root a device before, all I've ever done is write apps which only uses the adb. Anyhow how do I get fastboot to detect this neat little tablet so I can get rid of the encryption? Sorry in advance for the silly question

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Beef-Supreme
                            Hiya guys, I'm going crazy here trying to figure out how to get fastboot to detect this tablet. My adb detects the device, but fastboot see's nothing. How did you guys get fastboot to see this thing? I'm running kubuntu 14.04 and I think my 51-android.rules file is good to go. I've never tried to root a device before, all I've ever done is write apps which only uses the adb. Anyhow how do I get fastboot to detect this neat little tablet so I can get rid of the encryption? Sorry in advance for the silly question
                            Are you using sudo? Are you using the fastboot binary I provided.

                            Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by enanolex
                              Well I got it working, bought a black one to save the red one. I got Xposed installed and the memory leak patch. Using this website http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...fones-t2983589 the file I got was XposedForZenFoneLollipop_20150607.zip

                              Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk
                              ok installed xposed and patch will see how it goes.

                              Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by vampirefo View Post
                                Are you using sudo? Are you using the fastboot binary I provided.

                                Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
                                That was the problem, I wasn't using your binary. Yours detects the tablet and I was able to root it in just a few seconds. It was almost too easy once I used the right binary lol. Thanks for your help vamp broski

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X