X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vampirefo
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunmt
    I don't own this model... but I believe it should be possible to root using either kingo root, vroot or iroot... you will probably need to setup adb access and use a PC to run one of those programs.

ShaunMT
    They may work, don't know worth a shot anyway, I don't use windows.

My Root methods are for Linux.

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    I don't own this model... but I believe it should be possible to root using either kingo root, vroot or iroot... you will probably need to setup adb access and use a PC to run one of those programs.

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• vampirefo
    replied
    Yes, you want to disable encryption, that's the first thing I did, after rooting tablet.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• enanolex
    replied
    My HP touchpad died and needed a quick affordable tablet and got this. The only thing that bug me about this tablet its slow when switching between apps, I heard its because this tablet comes with forced encryption which slows its performance. Hoping to root it first then figure out how to disable forced encryption. Any instruction on how to roots a link perhaps.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• vampirefo
    replied
    Rock solid tablet, I really like this tablet. Rooting is done via my tethered recovery.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Rom/instructions for Rooting a Nextbook Ares NXA8QC116

Hi,

New to the forum,

Looking for ways to root this tablet.

I can Provide any information necessary or if someone could point me in the right direction or help me root the tablet.

Last android Tablet I owned was a Acer A500 took a Crap on me so picked this up and noticed its pretty new so no root out at least from what I can dig up.

Tablet

Model:NXA8QC116
    Running Android 5.0 Lollipop
    Kernel Version 3.10.20-x86_64_byt
    Build Number V1.0.6

If anyone on this forum could be of some help it would be greatly appreciated! Heard this was the place to come to!

Solved---------------

Root and Decrypt on Link.

Note this thread is for Ares 8 5.0, Ares has released 5.1, this thread is not for 5.1, or any future versions, it's only for android 5.0. DO NOT FORMAT SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a guide to root Nextbook Ares 8, disable encryption, and flash...

Props vampirefo as well as a few others for the Root.
    Last edited by F1R3W1R3; 06-12-2015, 02:47.
Working...
X