• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rom/instructions for Rooting a Nextbook Ares NXA8QC116

Hi,

New to the forum,

Looking for ways to root this tablet.

I can Provide any information necessary or if someone could point me in the right direction or help me root the tablet.

Last android Tablet I owned was a Acer A500 took a Crap on me so picked this up and noticed its pretty new so no root out at least from what I can dig up.

Tablet

Model:NXA8QC116
    Running Android 5.0 Lollipop
    Kernel Version 3.10.20-x86_64_byt
    Build Number V1.0.6

If anyone on this forum could be of some help it would be greatly appreciated! Heard this was the place to come to!

Solved---------------

Root and Decrypt on Link.

Note this thread is for Ares 8 5.0, Ares has released 5.1, this thread is not for 5.1, or any future versions, it's only for android 5.0. DO NOT FORMAT SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a guide to root Nextbook Ares 8, disable encryption, and flash...

Props vampirefo as well as a few others for the Root.
    Last edited by F1R3W1R3; 06-12-2015, 02:47.

Rock solid tablet, I really like this tablet. Rooting is done via my tethered recovery.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

Comment

My HP touchpad died and needed a quick affordable tablet and got this. The only thing that bug me about this tablet its slow when switching between apps, I heard its because this tablet comes with forced encryption which slows its performance. Hoping to root it first then figure out how to disable forced encryption. Any instruction on how to roots a link perhaps.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, you want to disable encryption, that's the first thing I did, after rooting tablet.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't own this model... but I believe it should be possible to root using either kingo root, vroot or iroot... you will probably need to setup adb access and use a PC to run one of those programs.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt
            I don't own this model... but I believe it should be possible to root using either kingo root, vroot or iroot... you will probably need to setup adb access and use a PC to run one of those programs.

ShaunMT
            They may work, don't know worth a shot anyway, I don't use windows.

My Root methods are for Linux.

Comment

something went wrong, now internal storage show 11 megs. used twrp recovery with trigger 4, flashed supersu and it froze right there(prolly corrupt). now it ask for a password i never had, so I wen for factory reset and it gets stuck when its encrypting the tablet. I cant even get there no more it just get stuck at the logo Nextbook. Carefull guys any tips.

Comment

Originally posted by enanolex
                something went wrong, now internal storage show 11 megs. used twrp recovery with trigger 4, flashed supersu and it froze right there(prolly corrupt). now it ask for a password i never had, so I wen for factory reset and it gets stuck when its encrypting the tablet. I cant even get there no more it just get stuck at the logo Nextbook. Carefull guys any tips.
                You need to be a little more specific what you did. You damaged your data partition for one thing, that can be fixed.
                I haven't released a twrp recovery for this device yet, I do have one though.

The password request is an encryption thing, once you root and format data and cache, turn off encryption you won't see that anymore.

Comment

I'll wait for you twrp recovery, because all I can do now is boot into twrp_3830_recovery.zip using trigger 4. Everttime I turn it on the nextbook logo will appear and stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by enanolex
                    I'll wait for you twrp recovery, because all I can do now is boot into twrp_3830_recovery.zip using trigger 4. Everttime I turn it on the nextbook logo will appear and stay there.
                    Not a problem, it's a two part process from where you are to get you up and going, I have to get home before I can upload what is needed.
                    I work out of town, might have up today, if not tomorrow. You will need to format data and cache then boot into fastboot and flash modified boot.img from there run twrp and root.
                    Once tablet boots it will be rooted with encryption turned off.

Comment

Thanks for the Reply's that is the first thing I want to do is remove the encryption not sure why they would roll out this build and make it forced encryption.

Comment

Originally posted by F1R3W1R3
                        Thanks for the Reply's that is the first thing I want to do is remove the encryption not sure why they would roll out this build and make it forced encryption.
                        Can you download GPS test from playstore and see if it picks up any satellites?

Mine does not, so I want to see if GPS works on yours or if it doesn't work on any of these devices.

Comment

OK, I have uploaded what is needed to root, and disable encryption, plus ability to flash permanent twrp recovery.http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...overy-t3133165

Comment

Managed to install boot.img and twrp permanently, now twrp reports internal storage 10650MB. Still stuck on the nextbook logo, fyi both linux and windows cant seem to detect the tablet its either (adb devices) device not found or unautherized so I cant use commands like adb reboot recovery to disable encryption.

Comment

Originally posted by enanolex View Post
                              Managed to install boot.img and twrp permanently, now twrp reports internal storage 10650MB. Still stuck on the nextbook logo, fyi both linux and windows cant seem to detect the tablet its either (adb devices) device not found or unautherized so I cant use commands like adb reboot recovery to disable encryption.

Did the Device try to Re-Encrypt the tablet or is it just stuck? I had to Re authorize once I removed the Encryption.

Comment

Working...
                              X