No announcement yet.

Rom/instructions for Rooting a Nextbook Ares NXA8QC116

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clashof clans keeps crashing background music apps like pandora, bubbleupnp and mx player pro. . This is a coc app problem or lollipop.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm installing the xposed framework from that zip file for x86 (Intel) for lollipop. Within it are 2 batch files "install posed framework.bat" and "install posed installer.bat".

I ran the framework one do I also run the other one?

Comment

I figured it out, installed framework first then the installer (I think all the 2nd .bat file does is install the .apk using adb from PC). Then install the memory leak app from Google play. I think it may be helping but I still get Google play music closes if something else is run that is more demanding in foreground. For example WeatherBug animated radar will sometimes drop out Google play music.

For anyone looking for larger display format, edit the build.prop file under system I believe. Change that one setting from 160 to 240. (Can't remember the entry, just Google the procedure - it has been around for long time, but you must be rooted). It makes the format more like a phone format, bigger everything. I think you can use values in between 160 - 240. Save file, then reboot.

Comment

Time warner TV app seem not to crash background music, HBO go, netflix, Pandora and clash of clans do. Perhaps it's not lollipop and its just that those apps have not been updated to fully support these Intel x86 chips.

Comment

Found this and now I can play music while playing clash of clans. http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...6#post61023616

Comment

Nextboot Ares 8 deoxed Rom.

This is project is no longer supported, I have removed the links and killed this project. New project below. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=65450751

Comment

Can someone do a Instructional Video for Noobs lol I just don't get it.. just got the ares 11 and I really don't want to Brick it lol Thanks
                Last edited by Nightlifeelf; 07-04-2015, 02:01.

Comment

Hey if you got some new stuff on this tablet I'm willing to shell a few dollars your way via paypal for your work. just saying, I like this little tablet, the only issue I have right now is that the CPU cores will not wake after the tablet goes into deep sleep. I tried using a script to turn them on
                  adb root
                  adb stop mpdecision
                  adb shell
                  echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
                  echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/online
                  echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/online
                  But it shows CPU core frequency offline on all four using Kernel adiutor app.
                  Maybe setting the governer to performance or on demand will fix this but I want to keep it on interactive.

Comment

Only thing I am interested in right now is running Linux via USB.
                    I can boot different distros already, of course some stuff don't work. So ideally I am looking for other Linux users to work on this project.
                    Don't need testers, need fixers.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk

Comment

I just purchased this tablet. I am trying to update the static DNS addresses so i can add my VPN but it does not allow me to save the update. Is that an issue with the encryption or needing to root the tablet?

Comment

I'm looking for the stock ROM for this device. That, or a clean TWRP backup to start over from. Can anyone give me a hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Kineada11 View Post
                          I'm looking for the stock ROM for this device. That, or a clean TWRP backup to start over from. Can anyone give me a hand?

See if that helps!

Freddy999

Comment

The Corea of my tablet stops once it wakes up. And nothing then run properly. Need help. Muy email address is [email protected]. and [email protected]. I will be thankfull forma any help.

Comment

Sorry, I mean cores, not Corea.

Comment

I use setCPU PAID version to under clock cores when screem turns off, and set normal clock speeds when screen turns on. It works and videos stream good wjhen all cores are awake on hbo go, it streams horrible when only one core is awake.

Comment

Working...
                                X