No announcement yet.

Rom/instructions for Rooting a Nextbook Ares NXA8QC116

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the setCPU, but I can't make the cores stay awake. I'm using the 3C Toolbar.apk to wake them up, but every time I wake the tablet I have to do it manually. If you could tell me how to do it automatically with setCPU or 3C Toolbar that it will be awesome. By the way, thanks to vampirefo for the root guide. Very useful.

Comment

Is there a stock recovery flashable twrp zip for this tablet? I do not have access to pc or laptop, will have to be done via android

Comment

Originally posted by vampirefo View Post
        The link referred to is for the download of a TWRP backup of a modified ROM. I installed it and found it was rooted. But thanks for pointing out though.

In any case, I have a more pressing issue the solution to which may be a long shot, but I decided to post it anyway just in case any of the wizards might have some idea, plus it would help others who run into the same problem in the future. I replaced a digitizer on this thing. Turns out it was a different revision than the original one. The screen still works, except in a rather large area, touches are registered away from where the finger hits the screen. To give an idea, I would have to hit an inch above an icon for the touch to register there. I checked "show touches" in "settings."

YAMTT (Touchscreen Utility) shows no defects, which means the whole digitizer works with the hardware, if only far from precise. Obviously, the dig needs recalibration. I've been scouring the net for the last 24 hours without success in trying to find such tool, or at least the right touchscreen firmware file to reflash to see if that would make a difference. Some people would swear a capacitative dig needs no calibration. But I know differently. I owned an Asus tablet (TF300/capacitative dig) that required firmware flashing anew when the dig is replaced to work, only because the model sported different versions of the digitizer. Which is the case here.

Any input that might help further diagnosis or a pointing in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks again people.

EDIT: Never mind. It looks like a hardware limitation. Software isn't likely to cut it.
        Last edited by graphdarnell; 01-19-2016, 18:52.

Comment

I edited the post. I ended up finding the tablet that comes with 5.0 instead of Marshmallow. So I an going to try to build my own rom. I want to thank vampirefo for the TWRP recovery port and forced encryption disabler patch. I also really appreciate the instructions on his XDA thread. Here is a video I made showing how well put together his work was. And it's use on Ubunto Mate
          Last edited by glockman4519; 03-09-2017, 12:04.

Comment

Originally posted by glockman4519
            I edited the post. I ended up finding the tablet that comes with 5.0 instead of Marshmallow. So I an going to try to build my own rom. I want to thank vampirefo for the TWRP recovery port and forced encryption disabler patch. I also really appreciate the instructions on his XDA thread. Here is a video I made showing how well put together his work was. And it's use on Ubunto Mate
            The 5.1 version is better, I have a thread for it as well.

This thread is for Nextbook Ares 8 5.1.1 I don't have this device yet, Conan1201 has offered to send me one, once I get it, I can begin the process of dumping the tablet, pulling the firmware, root, then TWRP. What I would like is everyone...

I have twrp for 8A as well, that's what I am typing this post on.

I have also rooted 8A, but not going to release that anytime soon.

Technical Specification of Yifang NX16A8116K, auto-generated by SpecDevice application. Actual hardware list.

Sent from my NX16A8116K using Tapatalk

Last edited by vampirefo; 03-26-2017, 23:00.

Comment

Originally posted by vampirefo View Post

The 5.1 version is better, I have a thread for it as well.

This thread is for Nextbook Ares 8 5.1.1 I don't have this device yet, Conan1201 has offered to send me one, once I get it, I can begin the process of dumping the tablet, pulling the firmware, root, then TWRP. What I would like is everyone...

I have twrp for 8A as well, that's what I am typing this post on.

I have also rooted 8A, but not going to release that anytime soon.

Technical Specification of Yifang NX16A8116K, auto-generated by SpecDevice application. Actual hardware list.

Sent from my NX16A8116K using Tapatalk

That is freaking awesome. I will be sure to update the video description to let people know that you have the 8A working as well. And thank you again for all your hard work.

Comment

Working...
              X