Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the nextbook NX785QC16G problems.... HELP please

Ok so here is the low down.... guh

My gf has a nextbook NX785QC16G tablet and well... she did a factory reset to it and well it goes as far as the boot screen or the splash screen and sits there like a dummy.... I got into the boot options and the three options are as follows.

[Recovery Mode] <<== (obviously the one I choose)
    [FastBoot Mode]
    [Normal Boot]

So of course I choose Recovery mode and well all I see is an android with its chest open and..... No command.... So I'm thinking that the boot.img is toast but not sure.... I have been trying to download the factory firmware from the site and well.... lets just say that it's less then helpful to say the least....

So I am wondering if there is a way to connect it to the computer and try a different firmware for it (if there is any at all) so that I can unbrick the paper weight that it now is or just what?....

So please input, suggestions, step by step or whatever would be out there for it would be nice and I would be very thankful for the help.

kg

I had the exact same problem as you for the exact same model. As a side note - I assume we can't use the ROMS on here because they're for the "8G" variant of our tablets which have a different chip in them (although the firmware on the Nextbook site refers to the "8G" model even in the filename that they advise to flash ours with?!)?

Here's what worked for me which is what Nextbook tech support replied to me when I inquired about getting the factory ROM:

"Hello Mike,

From the http://www.nextbookusa.com/downloads/ webpage please select Documentation and then Firmware under step 2 and there should be a ROM file available.

Ticket: http://support.nextbookusa.com/support/tickets/18242

Customer Service Agent
    Monday-Friday
    8am-5pm Pacific Standard Time

On Sat, Jan 28 at 1:10 PM , Mike wrote:
    Hi. Could you please provide me with the newest factory rom for my Nextbook NX785QC16G tablet or a link to it? I have looked everywhere on your site and cannot find it. Thanks"

Download everything that comes up on the download page related to the NX785QC16G and follow the instructions in the "Firmware-Update-model-NX785QC16G.docx" file.

Comment

Working...
    X