FYI Nextbook ROM download page is gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI Nextbook ROM download page is gone!

Working with a new user he was going through my README to flash the ROM and told me the nextbook web site no longer is listing STOCK ROM downloads.

I went there and sure enough now for downloads it says "coming soon".

So be aware of this. If someone needs the stock ROMs I have downloaded I can provide them if they are really needed.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Bob:
    the stock ROMS are still there. Nextbook has just made linking directly to them harder because of the addition of new products, and their use of .php pages instead of HTML.

To get to the ROM download page for Nextbook 7:

1. Go to http://www.e-funusa.com/ (E-Fun Inc. is the USA distributor of this tablet)
    2. Click on PRODUCT at top of the E-FUN page. It should take you to this link:http://www.e-funusa.com/product.asp
    3. You'll see 2 products, The Aspen and the Nextbook. Obviously click on the Nextbook. It should take you to this page: http://www.nextbookusa.com/productdetail.php?product_id=10.
    4.The product you will see is the Nextbook Premium 8SE. However, at the top of this page, and towards the right, you will see the following: Please click here for the NEXT7P Wi-Fi update.
    5. Clicking that link will take you to the Nextbook Premium 7 download page: http://www.nextbookusa.com/download.php (Note: if you click this link directly from this forum, you will NOT be taken to the download page. It has something to do with external linking to .php pages)
    6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and all the firmaware ROMS for the #FY1011 and #FY0911 are there. (Also note: firmware for #FY1211 is not listed because it already had the wi-fi upgrade. I found that the upgraded download of the #FY1011 runs fine on the #FY1211.)

If these links do not work for you directly from this forum, and some of them won't because of Nextbook re-directs and php, just start at step #1 and click on the links I have pointed out. You will arrive at the download page.

Comment

Cool... thanks for the leg work for others! I am not going to upate any readme docs until they are done with it.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Cool... thanks for the leg work for others! I am not going to upate any readme docs until they are done with it.

Bob
        You're the tech guy, I'm the leg work guy. Teamwork at FreakTab.

Comment

Not working for me ... can someone dropbox the image to me ...thanks

Comment

They moved it again: Just go to the Nextbook site, click products, click Premium 7, and the downloads are at the bottom of the page.
            Last edited by ZonaMojo; 05-15-2012, 18:01.

Comment

Stock roms have been removed for now. Finless, can we get a temporary mirror for the Nextbook default roms please? E-Fun seems to want to ruin our fun now :P

Comment

No problem... give me some time to package them up into ROM flash kits rather than raw backup.img files that you cant use. I will have them up today.

Bob

Comment

NextBook STOCK ROMS

OK by request, here are the stock ROMs I have. Understand some of these are from the old Nextbook web site and some are ROM dumps from users! So they are what they are! I no longer remember WHICH ROMs I got from nextbook and which I got from user ROM dumps.

I will tell you this about ROM dumps. ALL of them are from the backup.img or update.img so they will be what came on the tablet and not trashed by users. Those IMGs are protected from users for the most part. So these really are stock ROMs from what I could tell when I took these apart!

BUT.... AGAIN ROM DUMPS there is no 100% gaurentee!

OK this is for the GingerBread Nextbook STOCK ROMS.

ROM -> Nextbook 7 Premium Serial #0811 Stock ROM (132 megs)

ROM -> Nextbook 7 Premium Serial #0911 Stock ROM (132 megs)

ROM -> Nextbook 7 Premium Serial #1011 Stock ROM (132 megs)

ROM -> Nextbook 7 Premium Serial #1211 Stock ROM (132 megs)

I will post the stock ICS ROMs later. They are already posted in other threads but when I get some time I will consolidate them here too.

Enjoy,
                  Bob

Comment

The Nextbook Premium 7 Wi-Fi Firmware update is the original rom w/ the Wi-Fi fix. It is still on the site: http://www.nextbookusa.com/productde...p?product_id=7 Scroll to bottom.

Comment

[QUOTE=Finless;16104]OK by request, here are the stock ROMs I have. Understand some of these are from the old Nextbook web site and some are ROM dumps from users! So they are what they are! I no longer remember WHICH ROMs I got from nextbook and which I got from user ROM dumps.

I will tell you this about ROM dumps. ALL of them are from the backup.img or update.img so they will be what came on the tablet and not trashed by users. Those IMGs are protected from users for the most part. So these really are stock ROMs from what I could tell when I took these apart!

I will post the stock ICS ROMs later. They are already posted in other threads but when I get some time I will consolidate them here too.

serial yf11121926 andserial yf091203593 orserial yf061205104 any updates firmware and update tools pls .give me link thanks you

Comment

question for finless

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        OK by request, here are the stock ROMs I have. Understand some of these are from the old Nextbook web site and some are ROM dumps from users! So they are what they are! I no longer remember WHICH ROMs I got from nextbook and which I got from user ROM dumps.

Enjoy,
                        Bob

Hey Bob,I see you have a bunch of roms for the nextbook series... how about the stock rom or update.zip for the Nextbook 007hd8g. nextbook doesnt even acknowledge that they exist when i contacted their customer service. Guess its the bigfoot of tablets. Mine is stuck at the boot animation and there is no recovery info on the tablet itself from the factory. I have tried Shaun MT's custom rom and image recovery but to no avail. Let me know if you might know something.. THANKS Bro!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jharrison View Post
                          Hey Bob,I see you have a bunch of roms for the nextbook series... how about the stock rom or update.zip for the Nextbook 007hd8g. nextbook doesnt even acknowledge that they exist when i contacted their customer service. Guess its the bigfoot of tablets. Mine is stuck at the boot animation and there is no recovery info on the tablet itself from the factory. I have tried Shaun MT's custom rom and image recovery but to no avail. Let me know if you might know something.. THANKS Bro!!!
                          The Next7HD8G is on my list of devices to work on and provide files for.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Hello. Question: are these links Finless provided dead? They keep taking me to the forums page when clicked... Have need of stock #0811... Thank you in advanced...
                            "Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."- Morpheus
                            nextbook7 #0811 with heavily modded finless 1.4
                            huawei activa4g rooted, cwm, mihome

Comment

Originally posted by kuazar View Post
                              Hello. Question: are these links Finless provided dead? They keep taking me to the forums page when clicked... Have need of stock #0811... Thank you in advanced...
                              Yes... they are probably dead links...

Alot of Bob's old ROM's were lost from the server some time ago...

Let Bob know the links aren't working and maybe he can restore the files from his back ups.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X