Nextbook Premium 7 SE w/ ICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextbook Premium 7 SE w/ ICS

I've been trying to hunt down this unit, but I'm not sure it is for sale yet. Price is supposed to be $149 & has camera.

That did look pretty speedy for a single core proc. However it's when you get to larger resolutions where single core can get laggy on ICS. I am kind of a 9-11" Tab kind of guy myself
    I would have liked to see a demo on the 9" tab.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I was actually pretty impressed with the speed of my current Nextbook. Now running your 1.5, I'd say it's at least as fast as the SE in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by ZonaMojo View Post

I've been trying to hunt down this unit, but I'm not sure it is for sale yet. Price is supposed to be $149 & has camera.
        shop.neobits.com/e_fun_next7p12_nextbook_premium_series_premium_7_7 _inches_capacitive_touch_android_tablet_1031994149 .php

www.canadapost.ca/shopper/items/11084633/NextBook-7-Android-4-0-NEXT7P12

This looks to be it
        Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Comment

it is listed as being in stock here

Featuring bulk wholesale pricing on Electronics, Computers and Business and Industrial Products. Buy more and save!

Comment

Originally posted by xxjoshxxx View Post
            it is listed as being in stock here

http://www.beachaudio.com/Yifang-Dig...-p-550186.html
            This isn't the Nextbook Premium 7 SE w/ICS. The specas aren't right and it lacks a camera. I think the Nextbook Premium 7 SE was just a sample device for the trade show, and it won't be made or distributed.

Comment

Its on the site now

Comment

on sale in Ontario, Canada this week

Picked one up today for $149 at Canadian Tire, ad said limited quantities, no rain-checks. Sale ends Thursday. Admittedly an unusual place to buy a tablet but it had what I was interested in :-)

Definitely the 7se with ICS.

Model Next7P12
                Android 4.0.3
                Kernel 3.0.8+
                Build v1.0.7IML74k...

Serial YF031210...

Specs appear identical to previous version with Android 2.3, I wonder if current hacks work on it.
                Last edited by Randy; 05-06-2012, 02:54. Reason: typo

Comment

Thats awesome do you know how to do a rom dump if you do can dump the rom so we can all have ics

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    Picked one up today for $149 at Canadian Tire, ad said limited quantities, no rain-checks. Sale ends Thursday. Admittedly an unusual place to buy a tablet but it had what I was interested in :-)

Definitely the 7se with ICS.

Model Next7P12
                    Android 4.0.3
                    Kernel 3.0.8+
                    Build v1.0.7IML74k...

Serial YF031210...

Specs appear identical to previous version with Android 2.3, I wonder if current hacks work on it.
                    If you can use ADB and DUMP the ROM I bet we can see if I can make a ROM to upgrade Nextbook 7P's..... Your the guy now everyone wants to see you make a dump!

Bob

Comment

I would be happy to do a dump if I knew how :-)

A link to instructions would help if such a thing exists.

Comment

Instructions right here in our ROM hacks and mods forum.

Bob

Comment

Always issues . . .

So, I fire up ADB to make sure the device is recognized. Just a blank line after adb devices. I try all 3 of my other android devices and they all report a device #. USB debugging is on.

Is it possible that I am unable to see a device number for the Next7P12 because it is not rooted? All of my other devices are.

I'd really like to supply a dump, anyone with suggestions/ideas?

I was going to used this guide:

Thanks Bob, found it :-)

Randy.

Comment

try the terminal emulator method listed here suThe remaining process will be the same for both ADB and Terminal Emulator.Enter the following command: cat proc/mtdYou will get an output similar to this. Note that your result may differ from this one and you must proceed according to the output that you get, rather than the example that you see here. dev: size erasesize namemtd0: 000a0000 00020000 "misc"mtd1: 00480000 00020000 "recovery"mtd2: 00300000 00020000 "boot"mtd3: 0fa00000 00020000 "system"mtd4: 02800000 00020000 "cache"mtd5: 093a0000 00020000 "userdata"To dump the recovery image to your SD card, make note of the first word of the line which says “recovery” in the end. It is ‘mtd1’ in case of this example but may be another entry for you. Now use this command, replacing ‘mtd1’ with the term that applies in your case, if different: dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd1 of=/sdcard/recovery.img bs=4096Similarly, to dump the boot image to your SD card, make note of the first word of the line which says “boot” in the end, which is ‘mtd2’ in our case but may differ for you. Use this command now, replacing ‘mtd2’ with the term that is applicable in your case, if different: dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=4096That’s it – you now have recovery.img and boot.img backed up on the root of your SD card. https://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...tition-images/

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, since the Next7p12 is not rooted, su returns permission denied as does the attempt to run the dd if=/dev ... command

Unless there is a trick to get su to run?

Comment

Working...
                              X