Annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying

I Used the Modified Stock recovery 3e to root my next7p12. I'm not sure when this started but about the last 20 times I boot. I get this message display. "Upgrading Android Optimizing apps 1-20". The tablets works fine. Why is it doing that? I have read a few other forums and they said it could happen several times after rooting. I've booted it prob 30 times or more since. It's still doing it.
    I am the Dude! TheDudeLeeMan!

Originally posted by thedudeleeman View Post
    I Used the Modified Stock recovery 3e to root my next7p12. I'm not sure when this started but about the last 20 times I boot. I get this message display. "Upgrading Android Optimizing apps 1-20". The tablets works fine. Why is it doing that? I have read a few other forums and they said it could happen several times after rooting. I've booted it prob 30 times or more since. It's still doing it.
    My next8p12 also does it every reboot. It's supposed to happen on the first reboot after installing a new app, but there is a known bug in android 4.0.x that causes it to happen every reboot for every app. It has been known to affect a wide variety of phones and tablets running 4.0.x. An upgrade to 4.1+ resolves it.

I have not read anything suggesting that it only affects rooted devices.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

figured it Out!

It was an app causing the problem. I am pretty sure it was "Android Tuner" that cause the issue. All I did was Run the original "Modified Stock recovery 3e" again and watch closely to the apps I installed. I'm sure that is the one... hope helps out somebody else. Btw thanks for you quick reply.. Any root you'd like me to try on this nextbook amlogic base I'll be happy to try!
      I am the Dude! TheDudeLeeMan!

Comment

I have the same problem too.

After I flashed the smt_gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip I got that problem.

Did you flash the smt_gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip ?
        I assume "Android Tuner" was inside the file so you unknowingly installed it ?

So can one uninstall Android Tuner ?

If so how can you do it ?

Thanks

Originally posted by thedudeleeman View Post
        It was an app causing the problem. I am pretty sure it was "Android Tuner" that cause the issue. All I did was Run the original "Modified Stock recovery 3e" again and watch closely to the apps I installed. I'm sure that is the one... hope helps out somebody else. Btw thanks for you quick reply.. Any root you'd like me to try on this nextbook amlogic base I'll be happy to try!
        Last edited by zhongjai; 01-18-2014, 03:57.

Comment

Originally posted by zhongjai View Post
          I have the same problem too.

After I flashed the smt_gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip I got that problem.

Did you flash the smt_gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip ?
          I assume "Android Tuner" was inside the file so you unknowingly installed it ?

So can one uninstall Android Tuner ?

If so how can you do it ?

Thanks
          Android Tuner is not included in my gapps package. It's the same gapps package provided by goo.im for use in a variety of custom ROMs such as Cyanogenmod. Google doesn't allow gapps to be distributed preinstalled in custom ROMs. The only thing I changed was the installer script, because the original script required a custom recovery like CWM with a fully busybox install as part of the recovery. I just changed the script to install with stock 3e recovery that doesn't use busybox to install files.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
          X