Next7P12 4G Serial YFG1012 won't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next7P12 4G Serial YFG1012 won't boot

In all the reading i've done on this forum, I can't find the info needed to fix the no boot issue I am having with my nextbook. I am downloading the Next7p12 8g stock rom, but am unsure if it will work as expected since mine is a 4G. I am really new to all of this and I just want to get the tablet running and google play working so I can download games for my kid.

Why is there no firmware updates for builds YFG1012. The box says its running ICS 4.0
    AMlogic single core, capacitive multi touch with wi-fi

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by kalynel View Post
    In all the reading i've done on this forum, I can't find the info needed to fix the no boot issue I am having with my nextbook. I am downloading the Next7p12 8g stock rom, but am unsure if it will work as expected since mine is a 4G. I am really new to all of this and I just want to get the tablet running and google play working so I can download games for my kid.

Why is there no firmware updates for builds YFG1012. The box says its running ICS 4.0

The 8g ROM will not work on the 4g... the partition sizes are hard coded in the kernel. The 8g ROM partitions won't fit in the 4g NAND memory.

I've got newer 4g ROM builds that I will be trying to get posted this week. It's also possible that the older builds might work on your tablet. (They are more likely to work than the 8g ROMs) I'm not sure what has changed in that model.

I assume you are still able to boot into recovery? If not, you'll also need an unbrick kit, which should also be posted in the near future.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      The 8g ROM will not work on the 4g... the partition sizes are hard coded in the kernel. The 8g ROM partitions won't fit in the 4g NAND memory.

I've got newer 4g ROM builds that I will be trying to get posted this week. It's also possible that the older builds might work on your tablet. (They are more likely to work than the 8g ROMs) I'm not sure what has changed in that model.

I assume you are still able to boot into recovery? If not, you'll also need an unbrick kit, which should also be posted in the near future.

ShaunMT
      Crap, so much for the 2 hrs I've waited for it to download... I will try an older build will anything from this site work. I still can't seem to find anything. Prob cause I don't know what to look for. I can boot to recovery I have tried to reset to factory and wipe cache and all that jazz a number of times. The thing only boots so far and then stops on the screen where a lady is wearing headphones. Then that is it.
      Thanks again

Comment

Crap, so much for the 2 hrs I've waited for it to download... I will try an older build will anything from this site work. I still can't seem to find anything. Prob cause I don't know what to look for. I can boot to recovery I have tried to reset to factory and wipe cache and all that jazz a number of times. The thing only boots so far and then stops on the screen where a lady is wearing headphones. Then that is it.
        Thanks again
        FYI, this an Amlogic based Nextbook... you'll want to look in the Amlogic subforum... I'm moving this thread there.

Also... I just noticed that I haven't posted ANY of the 4g ROMs yet. I'm currently busy getting ROM dumps packaged and ready for uploading along with CWM recoveries.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I am having this same issue!

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
          FYI, this an Amlogic based Nextbook... you'll want to look in the Amlogic subforum... I'm moving this thread there.

Also... I just noticed that I haven't posted ANY of the 4g ROMs yet. I'm currently busy getting ROM dumps packaged and ready for uploading along with CWM recoveries.

ShaunMT
          My nextbook is doing the same thing. I've browsed around for stock ROMS with no such luck.
          If anyone has any luck with finding a working stock ROM for this, and can give just a brief description of how to install it, i would be forever in their debt!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dertom5 View Post
            My nextbook is doing the same thing. I've browsed around for stock ROMS with no such luck.
            If anyone has any luck with finding a working stock ROM for this, and can give just a brief description of how to install it, i would be forever in their debt!
            I'll be releasing some Next7P12-4G ROMs soon.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working Fix

Hey Kelynel
              I got a stock rom working for this tablet. Here is a link

Shaunmt released it a while back. Its all fairly simple.

Comment

Originally posted by dertom5 View Post
                Hey Kelynel
                I got a stock rom working for this tablet. Here is a link

Shaunmt released it a while back. Its all fairly simple.
                He's looking for a ROM for the Next7P12-4G. I doubt that the Next7P12-8G ROM will work considering the nand partition layout is hard coded in the kernel and the Next7P12-4G only contains 4 gigs of nand instead of 8 gigs.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                X