Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nextbook 7P12 - 4G I think i bricked it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextbook 7P12 - 4G I think i bricked it!

I think i bricked my Nextbook 7P12 - 4G Serial YFG1012
    I was messing arround wile trying to root it and it worked fine, then a few days later it died and i charged it. After charging it would boot, but wouldnt get past the loading screen of the woman with the headphones. I have tried to restore factory settings in the recovery menu, but the issue persists. What am i doing wrong? Have I bricked my Tablet? and if so does anyone know of, or is working on a fix for this?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by dertom5 View Post
    I think i bricked my Nextbook 7P12 - 4G Serial YFG1012
    I was messing arround wile trying to root it and it worked fine, then a few days later it died and i charged it. After charging it would boot, but wouldnt get past the loading screen of the woman with the headphones. I have tried to restore factory settings in the recovery menu, but the issue persists. What am i doing wrong? Have I bricked my Tablet? and if so does anyone know of, or is working on a fix for this?
    It's not bricked, but is bootlooping.

The bootanimation starts after the kernel and ramdisk load, when Android actually starts booting. The bootanimation is not supposed to stop until Android is finished loading, but if something fails to load, it retries over and over again until you either turn the tablet off or the battery dies.

This means something is wrong on your /system partition. Probably from your rooting attempts.

A factory reset only erases the /data and /cache partitions. It doesn't reset the /system partition, because the /system partition is read only on a non-rooted tablet. It is assumed that /system will never be modified and therefore should never ever fail.

The only way to fix /system if you're bricked or bootlooping is to flash a ROM.

I'll be releasing Next7P12-4G ROMs soon.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post

The bootanimation starts after the kernel and ramdisk load, when Android actually starts booting. The bootanimation is not supposed to stop until Android is finished loading, but if something fails to load, it retries over and over again until you either turn the tablet off or the battery dies.

This means something is wrong on your /system partition. Probably from your rooting attempts.

A factory reset only erases the /data and /cache partitions. It doesn't reset the /system partition, because the /system partition is read only on a non-rooted tablet. It is assumed that /system will never be modified and therefore should never ever fail.

ShaunMT

Thank you so much Shaun! Would it be too much trouble to ask you to email me when you upload that rom? Also, i am not too familiar with the process to flash the rom, Can you kind of give me a quick overview? i am a tech savy guy so you dont have to be super detailed, just a summary will be fine.
      [email protected]
      Again thank you so much!

Comment

Thank you!

ShaunMT

Thank you so much Shaun! Would it be too much trouble to ask you to email me when you upload that rom? Also, i am not too familiar with the process to flash the rom, Can you kind of give me a quick overview? i am a tech savy guy so you dont have to be super detailed, just a summary will be fine.
        [email protected]
        Again thank you so much!

Comment

Any status update on this ROM?

ShaunMT
          Just wondering if this ROM has ever gotten posted?

Comment

Originally posted by vonfabian View Post
            Sorry, haven't had time to work on these yet...

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Dude u can try this way on your own responsibility
              I have next7p12-4g It was bricked from two days
              & I solved it by this way

1- Install this TWRP Recovery (U will find how to install it on the link)
              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?12618-TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)

2- Then download this Rom and unzip it, its works for my "next7p12-4g AMlogic"
              SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip

3- Put the system folder on your
              SD Card

3- Then open the tablet on TWRP Recovery
              (Press on the Power & volume down)

4- On the TWRP Recovery Press on:
              - Advanced
              - File Manger

5- Replace
              system folder from your SD Card to with the system folder on your tablet

Wait Untill the Copying done and Restart your tablet

I think shaunmt check out this to see if something wrong
              Sorry for my bad English

Comment

I tried Mohamed's method with the system folder but no luck. Also while trying to copy the folder over it was extremely difficult to select anything on the touch screen, it was as if the screen needed to be calibrated. It took me over an hour to go through the menus to copy the folder trying to touch the correct areas. Just throwing it out there in case anyone else had a crazy time with that too.
                thanks for your help so far

Comment

Working...
                X