Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next7P12-8G Amlogic Flash Tool Nightmare-How do I fix Soft Brick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next7P12-8G Amlogic Flash Tool Nightmare-How do I fix Soft Brick?

I have a Nextbook7P12-8G. It was rooted using the Impactor method and had Shaunmt modified 3e recovery installed. I was trying to put a CWM recovery on using instructions I had found on the web. It involved using the Amlogic Flash tool. It failed.

When I turn the tablet now, It goes straight to the green Android guy with the rotating belly image and a status bar running across the bottom of the screen. Nothing else happens. It will not boot into recovery. I have to hold the power button for about 10 seconds before it turns off. I am lost. What options do I have? Any ideas? I have Shaunmt's stock rom zip and his recovery zip as well. I also have my wife's tablet (same make and model.) Her's is working fine and it is rooted but it has a stock rooted rom and original 3e recovery. Help!

Originally posted by papamark View Post
    I have a Nextbook7P12-8G. It was rooted using the Impactor method and had Shaunmt modified 3e recovery installed. I was trying to put a CWM recovery on using instructions I had found on the web. It involved using the Amlogic Flash tool. It failed.

When I turn the tablet now, It goes straight to the green Android guy with the rotating belly image and a status bar running across the bottom of the screen. Nothing else happens. It will not boot into recovery. I have to hold the power button for about 10 seconds before it turns off. I am lost. What options do I have? Any ideas? I have Shaunmt's stock rom zip and his recovery zip as well. I also have my wife's tablet (same make and model.) Her's is working fine and it is rooted but it has a stock rooted rom and original 3e recovery. Help!
    The Amlogic flash tool cannot be used unless you have special configuration files for it that are designed for your specific device... consider Yifang/Nextbook has never released an official update for any of the Amlogic based Nextbooks... the files needed for the flash tool are not available.

Are you still able to boot to recovery on your external SD Card? (Make sure you don't have any ROM files or aml_factory_update files on your SD card)

If you can boot to recovery, you'll be able to flash a stock ROM. If not, you'll need an unbrick kit, made specifically for your tablet. I'll add it to my todo list...

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Boot to SD Recovery?

I don't know if it will boot to the SD card. How do I check? All it does is turn on and go straight to the Green Android Man with a Blue Wire Box rotating in his belly. There is a status bar that is moving underneath. Is that what you mean? I did a Google search and I keep finding references to Nooks. I know your busy. Can you give me a keyword search that would narrow it down so I can research it. Or if you do have a link to instructions on creating an SD recovery that would be great.

Comment

And it shows up on the computer!

When the Android guy is there, the internal sd card shows up on the computer.

Comment

I don't know if it will boot to the SD card. How do I check? All it does is turn on and go straight to the Green Android Man with a Blue Wire Box rotating in his belly. There is a status bar that is moving underneath. Is that what you mean? I did a Google search and I keep finding references to Nooks. I know your busy. Can you give me a keyword search that would narrow it down so I can research it. Or if you do have a link to instructions on creating an SD recovery that would be great.
          Remove any files from the AML flash tool that you might have on your external SD card.

Download the recovery and ROM from here:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7012-Amlogic-Next7P12-8G-Modified-Recovery-Stock-Rom-amp-Flashable-Root

Unzip the modified 3e recovery. Put the uImage_recovery file on your external SD Card. Hold volume- and power and see if it successfully boots recovery.

If it does, flash the ROM from that link.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

When the Android guy is there, the internal sd card shows up on the computer.
            Unplug it... you can't use the flash tool.
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Making sure I did this right

I put your recovery and rom on sd card. Held volume down and power. Green guy showed up. And he just sits there.

Comment

I put your recovery and rom on sd card. Held volume down and power. Green guy showed up. And he just sits there.
                OK... unfortunately, I have no idea what the flash tool did to your tablet...

If you can't find any other way to fix it, I'm sure we could fix it with a rescue SD card. I'll try to get an unbrick kit ready as soon as I finish the Next8HD8G stuff I'm working on...

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Unbrick Kit

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you. I am a noob at all this but a quick study. I still have my wife's tablet (same make and model) and it's rooted. If you could tell me where to go that I could learn this, I would love to try to learn how to make a Unbrick Kit. I tried googling it but there is are several different versions. Advice on where I can gather the right info?

Comment

I did it! I did it!

Okay. I don't know what I did exactly.

First I tried to make my own Unbrick SD card. That didn't work. I took the SD card out and went back to the source of my problems.

So I went back to the AmLogic tool. I ran the flash several times to see what the log would say. I noticed all the files it said were missing before it would even flash. Then I went to this Link. It had another link to AmLogic Rescue files. I downloaded EVERYTHING from AmLogic Rescue SD Method and AmLogic Rescue AML USB Burn Method. I also downloaded the ENG_Novo10_Hero Unbrick Instructions from the same site as the Rescue files. I used the USB Burning Tool but I had to drop some "missing" files from the other rescue files first (config_progress u-boot-orig, usb_spl, Factory_update_param.aml and ShaunMT's Stock Rom and Recovery) . Then I ran the program. When it was done, I booted up tablet. It went straight back to the Stock Recovery! Dropped ShaunMT files on the SD card and did a normal update and I am back up and running. I'm not totally sure which files did what but it got me back to where I needed to be. And that was my great adventure in trying to install CWM recovery.

ShaunMT, thank you for all your help. You were patient and set me on the right path to fixing my tablet. I know you are busy and have no obligation to help anyone and I think you for your time. \m/(-_-)\m/ I bow down to you. Thank you.

Comment

Okay. I don't know what I did exactly.

First I tried to make my own Unbrick SD card. That didn't work. I took the SD card out and went back to the source of my problems.

So I went back to the AmLogic tool. I ran the flash several times to see what the log would say. I noticed all the files it said were missing before it would even flash. Then I went to this Link. It had another link to AmLogic Rescue files. I downloaded EVERYTHING from AmLogic Rescue SD Method and AmLogic Rescue AML USB Burn Method. I also downloaded the ENG_Novo10_Hero Unbrick Instructions from the same site as the Rescue files. I used the USB Burning Tool but I had to drop some "missing" files from the other rescue files first (config_progress u-boot-orig, usb_spl, Factory_update_param.aml and ShaunMT's Stock Rom and Recovery) . Then I ran the program. When it was done, I booted up tablet. It went straight back to the Stock Recovery! Dropped ShaunMT files on the SD card and did a normal update and I am back up and running. I'm not totally sure which files did what but it got me back to where I needed to be. And that was my great adventure in trying to install CWM recovery.

ShaunMT, thank you for all your help. You were patient and set me on the right path to fixing my tablet. I know you are busy and have no obligation to help anyone and I think you for your time. \m/(-_-)\m/ I bow down to you. Thank you.
                      Congratulations. You are most likely the first person to successfully use the Amlogic flash tool on a Nextbook... it's usually not good for anything but making bricks. I'll take a look at the Ainol files you used and see if I can learn anything new that might help us mod our firmware...

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                      X