This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Tablet and same boat

Unbrick kit not the magic pill I was hoping for to fix the brick[QUOTE=Sumphlet;152803]
    Originally posted by roadkill View Post

it's a YFG1013 serial number so I had to use the WMN kit.

Comment

Originally posted by rbitting View Post
      nothing I do works time to put it away! Perhaps someone will find a trick,
      There could be a problem with the unbrick kit... I don't have a WMN model to test on... and no one has confirmed it working yet.

Also, you could try removing the aml_autoscript file from the external sd card... most of the time it works for me (or is even required), but sometimes it seems it isn't necessary.

Also, you could have the other board... it won't hurt at this point to try the other unbrick kit.

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

no cwm recovery either if u cant get in to any recovery u might have to do every thing through adb if u can get cwm try formating media then give it a try
        ADB won't work unless both the bootloader and boot or recovery partition are working...

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Sumphlet View Post
          I got this to boot once just to see if it would work, but afterwards it doesn't boot anymore and now the tablet won't turn on AT ALL! Did I totally brick my tablet now where even this doesn't work??
          Try removing the aml_autoscript file...

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

[QUOTE=roadkill;152797]
            I got this to boot once just to see if it would work, but afterwards it doesn't boot anymore and now the tablet won't turn on AT ALL! Did I totally brick my tablet now where even this doesn't work??[/QUOTE make sure it is pluged in and charging hold power button down fow about 15 se or longer thenlet up and do again then it should turn on do this with out sd card i had to do this to mine a couple of times its like it got put into a deep sleep mode
            I've experienced a similar condition before.

I've also had times when it was fully booted, but had a bad screen driver, in which case it is actually running, fully booted into android, but the screen doesn't turn on.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Here is a tip for everyone trying to unbrick... don't try to boot while plugged into USB...

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                Try removing the aml_autoscript file...

ShaunMT
                Thanks. Tried that but my tablet is still not showing any signs of life right now.

Comment

Unbrick tips

tried them all and nothing from bricked tablet!
                  Here is a tip for everyone trying to unbrick... don't try to boot while plugged into USB...

ShaunMT

Comment

There could be a problem with the unbrick kit... I don't have a WMN model to test on... and no one has confirmed it working yet.
                    I was able to get mine to boot up the first time and into CWM with the unbrick kit. But since I didn't have a ROM to install I just turned it off. After that it doesn't boot at all. It used to at least show the splash screen, but now nothing at all.

Comment

Anyone Sucessful with Unbricking SD for WMN??

one Sucessful with Unbricking SD for WMN??
                      Thanks. Tried that but my tablet is still not showing any signs of life right now.

Comment

Originally posted by rbitting View Post
                        one Sucessful with Unbricking SD for WMN??
                        No, I was able to boot up to CWM with it, but somehow my tablet got messed up in the process (I didn't evne do anything since there isn't a ROM for the WMN models yet)... and it won't boot.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sumphlet;152803]

it's a YFG1013 serial number so I had to use the WMN kit.
                          Serial numbers do not identify tablet models.... YFG1013 only means it was made by yifang in October of 2013. The other model also has YFG103 serials, because it was also made in October 2013.

In fact both tablet versions were produced at the same time for a period of at least 3 months and possibly longer.

However, in your case, if the unbrick kit worked once, then it is probably the correct one for your tablet.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I was able to get mine to boot up the first time and into CWM with the unbrick kit. But since I didn't have a ROM to install I just turned it off. After that it doesn't boot at all. It used to at least show the splash screen, but now nothing at all.
                            After reading this, I think you need the other unbrick kit... To the best of my knowledge, all the people who installed the NXM8000ND_WM ROM on a NXM8000NBD_WMN ended up with tablets where the screen wouldn't turn on because they installed the wrong bootloader and boot image. The same thing happened to me when I tried to install the NXM8000NBD_WMN ROM on my NXM8000ND_WM tablet.

If you're tablet still had a working screen, then it probably had a different issue.

When you booted the WMN unbrick kit, I think it booted using your working stock bootloader and then the aml_autoscript wiped out your internal bootloader, boot image and recovery image.

Try the other unbrick it and if it boots, install the ROM for the NXM8000ND_WM, which is currently available.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

q

were you deep bricked before you ran it the time it worked?
                              No, I was able to boot up to CWM with it, but somehow my tablet got messed up in the process (I didn't evne do anything since there isn't a ROM for the WMN models yet)... and it won't boot.

Comment

I apologize for the mistake on the serial number. I did know mine was a WMN because the WM ROMs I tried wouldn't work and the WMN CWM I installed previously did work. I will try it with the WM unbrick kit and see if that works. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                                X