X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickybogo View Post
    Shaun,

I have a newer model, purchased about 2 months ago. I hosed it up originally, by rooting with the wrong files. It would get to the spinning circle screen then freeze up.

Last night, i tried your WMN SD card unbrick kit and your modded stock ROM. Fired right up. Got your new boot screen, both of them. Perfect. It was snappy and i began playing with it. Decided to reboot afterwards to test. I noticed upon reboot, it was a clean ROM again. Nothing I did was saved. So i went through and hooked up wifi, disabled some apps, etc...Rebooted again. Same thing happened. Did it a forth time, and now it is 100% dead. Wont boot at all. Nothing but a black screen. I get the power light when charging, thats it.

Any ideas? why did it get hosed?

thanks
    Rick
    I'm not sure what to do next, but maybe this info will help:

Both unbrick kits use the same bootloader. The only difference is the uImage (boot.img) and uImage_recovery (recovery.img) installed on the card.

If the backlight comes on, but no video display, then the tablet is actually running, the bootloader did it's job and the boot image or recovery image loaded completely, however there is no video because the graphic drivers failed to load or not compatible.

There's no telling what Nextbook might have done during manufacturing... there could be a few odd tablets out there when they were switching parts.

I would probably first try both unbrick kits again, and I'd try them both at least twice. (My own doesn't always boot up correctly on the first try, depending on what I've done to brick it.)

If that still doesn't work, you might try either swapping the uImage_recovery files, or maybe contact sumphlet and ask him to explain what finally worked for him. *** Actually, I just reviewed Sumphlet's posts, and I don't think he has resolved his issue yet either.
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

TWRP Is Now Available For Multiple Amlogic Based Nextbooks

TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

unbrick kit for Next7P12-8G

Hello!

Will there ever be a unbrick kit for Next7P12-8G?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GJPete5580 View Post
          Hello!

Will there ever be a unbrick kit for Next7P12-8G?

Thanks!
          Could be... are you asking because you need one?

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

internal recovery partiton

Hello!

Yes, I think that my internal recovery partition is corrupted.
            I can still boot into the system and seems work fine on my
            Next7P12-8G. I can't boot into the internal recovery.
            Also, TWRP is not working properly.

I could not boot into the CWM recovery either.

Thanks!
            Last edited by GJPete5580; 05-14-2014, 00:38. Reason: additional info

Comment

Originally posted by GJPete5580 View Post
              Hello!

Yes, I think that my internal recovery partition is corrupted.
              I can still boot into the system and seems work fine on my
              Next7P12-8G. I can't boot into the internal recovery.
              Also, TWRP is not working properly.

I could not boot into the CWM recovery either.

Thanks!
              An unbrick kit won't help with that... an unbrick kit is only needed if your tablet won't even try to boot because the bootloader is bad or if the screen won't turn on because the graphic drivers are bad...

We need to figure out what is wrong with your TWRP so you can flash the new ROM when I post it.
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Any Idea when you will be able to release the unbrick kit for the Next8P12 (NXM805MC)?

Comment

Yes, it has been a long time since Shaun made unbrick kit for other models, but not this one.
                  Why ? Is this one more difficult to make ?

Thanks

Originally posted by hevi99 View Post
                  Any Idea when you will be able to release the unbrick kit for the Next8P12 (NXM805MC)?

Comment

Originally posted by hevi99 View Post
                    It hasn't been a priority, but I think I just found someone who attempted to flash a Next8P12 using a Next8HD8G ROM (Don't do that people!), so I'll try to get one posted soon.

See my next post to determine if you really need one or not...

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

When Do You Need An Amlogic Unbrick Kit (Rescue SD Card)?

Originally posted by zhongjai View Post
                      Yes, it has been a long time since Shaun made unbrick kit for other models, but not this one.
                      Why ? Is this one more difficult to make ?

Thanks
                      I just haven't focused on the unbrick kits, because no one had asked, and they aren't needed often.

There are only 3 reasons you should need an unbrick kit:

1: You erased your entire Nand using the Amlogic usb burning tool. (Your tablet won't do anything at all in this condition, except maybe be recognized as a USB device. The screen backlight and charging led might light up.)

2: You flashed or attempted to flash a ROM that included an incompatible bootloader. (Your tablet won't do anything at all in this condition, except maybe be recognized as a USB device. The screen backlight and charging led might light up.

3: You flashed or attempted to flash a ROM with incompatible screen drivers. (Your tablet will actually bootup all the way to android in this condition, however the screen will not turn on, not even the backlight. You have no display and no touch control, however you can plug it into a computer and connect via ADB.)

If you are able to put a custom uImage_recovery on your external SD card and boot into recovery, then you do not need an unbrick kit... you only need a compatible ROM.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Mine is recognized in device manager, but the tablet is dead, no backlight no screen flash nothing

Comment

I would love a unbrick kit for Next7P12-8G, reason TWRP does not rotate, I can not click the install tab to restore a rom image, unless there is a way to build an auto script (found ASOP recovery commands), which TWRP will read (your TWRP does read, thanks) ?

Long Story short, the Digitizer has a crack in it (on the left side about 1 inch in, so Install and Mount are not usable, and as TWRP does not see the G sensor, nor a USB mouse, Keyboard, and ADB does not work, I can't seem to flash a ROM image on to the device.

Longer story, the Next7P12-8G, seem to have crappy NAND and they seem to need to be flashed about every 6 months... But for $79 from Walmart, what could anyone expect, (I thought of stealing the digitizer out of another, I have 4), but I did not want to rip them open and break the Digitizer further...

Well what do you know using AOSP auto scripting commands works...
                          Okay, without getting too deep into details, I'm looking to automate the installation of a flashable zip (must be flashed from recovery). For now, I can use the command "reboot recovery" in a shell

Thanks for all of your work...

Comment

Hi Shaun looks like a few years since you have been on this thread so hopefully I'm not too late... I just received a bricked Nextbook from a friend who somehow flashed a wrong rom or something I really do not know the full details how he bricked it but I'm always up for a challenge so thought I would tear into this project and see what I can come up with since it appears there is not a lot of people able to fix theirs. I have two other friends with bricked Nextbooks also lol...

They all had one purpose and they wanted to upgrade their android version, but it seems they went horribly wrong and bricked their devices so the journey begins for me...

I've tried both your unbrick kits and nothing loads on screen, however one does bring on the red light so I think it's booting but I can't see anything not really sure what is going on since I'm not real knowledgeable how these units work internally...

Some things that might be of interest, the usb connection doesn't do anything when connected to the computer and so far the only life I've gotten from this unit is the red light to light up no screen activity at all.

I'd like to write a flash program to write the entire contents needed for this device but without usb that won't work, so was thinking maybe a program to run from a sd card but I really don't know where to begin in that aspect...

My hats off to guys like you, I'm inspired to learn this rom programming and learn the full details of what powers these units under the hood...

Nextbook Model Next8HD8G Board NXM8000NBD

I have 3 of these units bricked that I'd love to bring back to life so far your unbrick kits do not work on any of them but I'm trying different things to see what I can come up with..

Thanks for any advice

Comment

Originally posted by mreric View Post
                              Hi Shaun looks like a few years since you have been on this thread so hopefully I'm not too late... I just received a bricked Nextbook from a friend who somehow flashed a wrong rom or something I really do not know the full details how he bricked it but I'm always up for a challenge so thought I would tear into this project and see what I can come up with since it appears there is not a lot of people able to fix theirs. I have two other friends with bricked Nextbooks also lol...

They all had one purpose and they wanted to upgrade their android version, but it seems they went horribly wrong and bricked their devices so the journey begins for me...

I've tried both your unbrick kits and nothing loads on screen, however one does bring on the red light so I think it's booting but I can't see anything not really sure what is going on since I'm not real knowledgeable how these units work internally...

Some things that might be of interest, the usb connection doesn't do anything when connected to the computer and so far the only life I've gotten from this unit is the red light to light up no screen activity at all.

I'd like to write a flash program to write the entire contents needed for this device but without usb that won't work, so was thinking maybe a program to run from a sd card but I really don't know where to begin in that aspect...

My hats off to guys like you, I'm inspired to learn this rom programming and learn the full details of what powers these units under the hood...

Nextbook Model Next8HD8G Board NXM8000NBD

I have 3 of these units bricked that I'd love to bring back to life so far your unbrick kits do not work on any of them but I'm trying different things to see what I can come up with..

Thanks for any advice
                              Have u tryed adb commands to make sure ur device is seen in Windows or other op

Comment

I have the same issue as Sumphlet. I flashed WN into WMN. I see a red led light, I tried both unbrick kits. I had to use the wayback machine due to the links being broken. Has anybody figured out how to unbrick this device?

Comment

Working...
                                X